SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:43   #1
jdavionic
NRA Member

My summary of the 2012 Election

I wrote this as an email reply to a close friend who lives outside of this country. I thought I'd share it with you.

If only the people that voted for him were the only onesto suffer. Unfortunately all Americansare going to pay a big price; and I suspect the pain will be felt around theworld since the USA has such an impact to economies elsewhere.

I know it's seemingly pessimistic, but this electionmarked the turning point for our country. It is the point at which the parasites now outnumber the hosts. Once that breaking point was reached, it'sall downhill from here. My only hope isthat we get there quickly so that we can rebuild while I'm still able to contribute.

The immediate impacts are already being felt. For example, the morons in California whovoted for Jerry Brown and Obama also voted to increase taxes onthemselves. Uh oh...yesterday Boeingannounced they were closing California facilities and laying off people. Looks like the parasites will have less hoststo feed off of. That's just a glimpseinto the future.

The unemployment number was manipulated to be lower thanreality. Now with the election over, youare seeing companies cut their staff. Many companies were hanging on & hoping that Obama would lose andObamaCare would be repealed. Nope. As a result, they are now forced to takesteps that will protect their business...result will be cuts in benefits forthose fortunate enough to retain a job and cuts in staff. Care to bet me whether unemployment shoots upto >8% next month? And guess what, itwill only go higher.

Israel now knows that they are all alone in dealing withIran. They can either let Iran havenukes or strike them by the Summer 2013. My guess is that they will not tolerate a nuclear Iran and willstrike. When it happens, gas prices willshoot way up with panic at the pumps. This increase will result in higher prices elsewhere - e.g., grocerystores, etc. So you will have highunemployment coupled with high inflation. No problem...print more money.

With greater inflation, you will see consumer spending godown...driving more unemployment. Andthe beat goes on & on. A lot of coalminers are going to get laid off in January 2013 due to EPA restrictions thatkick into effect next year. Moreunemployment, higher energy costs, and greater inflation.

Gun control has already resurfaced. The UN Small Arms Treaty that everyone citedas an impossible, fear mongering story was revitalized with the ObamaAdministration agreeing to move forward with the UN negotiations just hoursafter the election results. MeanwhileHarry Reid works to limit GOP power in the Senate. And do you think you can count on GOPsenators to vote "no" and prevent the 2/3 majority required to passthe treaty? Not me. Combine this with the renewed effort to ban"assault weapons" and high capacity magazines...which has alreadybeen supported by many republicans. Furthermore, the EPA will be attacking gun owners for the lead in thebullets...again.

Then we have the Supreme Court. Obama will get to appoint 1-2 more justicesover the next 4 years. So much for aslight conservative edge. Once the courtgoes liberal, you might as well tear up the constitution...it's a worthlesspiece of old paper at that point.

All of this is consistent with Obama's ultimategoal. When he sells Americans on"hope & change", people don't understand his interpretation ofthe words. He is a narcissistic fascistwho fancies himself as a global leader...not just the president of the USA. He truly does hate this country and itsroots. He views us as a relic of thepast colonialist times. His father andeveryone that he looked up to has the same view of our country. His role is to change us - stop the USA frombeing a super power, stop the USA from being a key economic source of theworld, stop the USA from 'raping other nations of their resources withoutgiving back to them their "fair share". He is a radical idealist and the country hasbeen duped twice. He has played on theparasites and racists and now has everything in place to facilitate the changesthat he deems necessary. And do youthink the constitution will stop him? Not hardly. Amnesty was done witha struck of his pen only via executive order and no one contested it.

You look at Greece, Spain, Argentina, and others...we arenow on a fast track to same result here. However there is a huge difference. The EU has routinely bailed out Greece, for example. The USA...we're on our own. It will get quite ugly here over the next 4yrs. And unfortunately, now that theparasites outnumber the hosts in voting, I don't see 2012 or 2016 having anybetter results. There is a slim chancethat independents and conservatives will unite in these years...but it'sunlikely.

I would truly move away if I knew where to go. Unfortunately I've got 1 kid in college andanother that will be there in less than 2 yrs. I think we're locked into this country for 5-6 yrs. I hope to keep my job and tread water overthose years. Once they're done though,I'll leave if I can find a place that's more immune to the pending collapse ofAmerica.

It was truly a sad day for this country. Many Americans are smart enough to recognizewhat happened. Others will be in shockas they participate in repeating history. A friend recently sent me this - In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the Universityof Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some2,000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; itsimply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy willcontinue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can votethemselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, themajority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from thepublic treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapseover loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

John Adams, Founding Father and the nation’s secondPresident warned:

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soonwastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

We were once a Republic, but are now a democracy overrun by parasites. Unfortunately we just witnessed the beginning of the end.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 11-09-2012 at 06:46..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49   #2
Bobb G
A Conservative

Well said
Niners Club #1961
Bobb G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11   #3
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Wow! That took a lot of time to write that.

It was well thought out and to the point.

It's too bad that you are wrong.

I did get a chuckle out of the "host and parasite" saying. I know someone that always says that about the welfare crowd. Funny part is he is A +40yo SWM that lives with his Mom, has a "Command Post" ( his words ) in the basement and has a part-time job at WalMart.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36   #4
GAFinch

Political Issues
Old 11-09-2012, 13:02   #5
countrygun

The OP is sadly correct. The leeches have some idea that they can pay for everything by "taxing the rich". They don't realize that they have spent more than "the rich" are worth if you took all their wealth. Now we are faced with even more expense and fewer people contributing to it. Are the 47% going to pay for their share of Obamacare? No they don't pay for their share of anything as it is. Rather sad to hear people, who pay no net taxes complain that "the rich don't pay their fair share", but such is the entitlement infection we have allowed to go untreated.

Are higher taxes going to stimulate economic investment? Not likely. I have never heard a businessman say "Oh good, taxes are going up that makes it a prime time to expand my business and hire more employees". We have allowed more than a generation to grow up in such ignorance that they think government "prints wealth". At this point our Government has to borrow the money to buy the ink and the paper to print the "funny money".

Until unemployment drops and economic growth gets above 3% (well above) we cannot go as far as "breaking even" and you cannot tax a Country into economic growth nor can you tax away unemployment.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:01   #6
brickboy240

Yep...the parasites outnumber the hosts.

That is really all you needed to say.

-brickboy240
Old 11-09-2012, 14:17   #7
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Wow! That took a lot of time to write that.

It was well thought out and to the point.

It's too bad that you are wrong.

I did get a chuckle out of the "host and parasite" saying. I know someone that always says that about the welfare crowd. Funny part is he is A +40yo SWM that lives with his Mom, has a "Command Post" ( his words ) in the basement and has a part-time job at WalMart.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
Atlest you got some help with your writing. Keep this proof reader. They are earning their worth...

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:56   #8
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Atlest you got some help with your writing. Keep this proof reader. They are earning their worth...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:02   #9
ColdSteelNail

Doom and gloom much?
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:14   #10
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I know it's seemingly pessimistic, but this election marked the turning point for our country. It is the point at which the parasites now outnumber the hosts. Once that breaking point was reached, it's all downhill from here. My only hope is that we get there quickly so that we can rebuild while I'm still able to contribute.
That is precisely the point. It's a hackneyed phrase when people say "this is the most important election in our lifetime", but it really was so. In 4 years, there will be more people collecting from the government and fewer paying into the system than today. It is not sustainable and the general electorate just doesn't get this - they'll just want more.

The debt and deficit is way off the radar screen of most Americans because it isn't a problem at this very moment. When the majority wakes up to the problem, it will be too late. The suffering will be great. And it all could have been avoided if today we addressed the issue.

The buildup of the bubble will be relatively slow, maybe 2 or 3 years. But the pop will happen in rapid fashion and the recovery will be very long.
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
- Rudyard Kipling, 1919

jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote