SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:40   #21
CV1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlawpup View Post
Cris, what does it take for a citizen to own a handgun in Italy?
Good question.. please hope that the uber boring and long answer will not annoy anybody.

What I list here is the stuff required to have the permission to buy and own handgun, rifle and shotgun and to carry them to the range.

Some are obvious stuff:
- clean criminal record
- no mental illness (in my case they was not paying attention to that.. )
- you have to pass a medical examination that say that you are ok also on the phisical side (no idea why.. but this is actually just a series of question from the doc and 60Euro that goes..)

Then you have to submit your request to the local Police command and wait for the answer (mine took 7 months)
If your background check is ok and you don't have any pending judgment going on, usually you get your permission.
With that you can own
3 "common" gun (my Glock 21 is a common gun)
6 "sport" gun (my HK MR223 is a sport gun - as an example also the Glock 17L is registered as sport gun)
all the hunting rifle and shotgun that you want (no idea why the MR223 is considered a sport rifle and not an hunting rifle like the Norinco M16.. strange things..)
what is totally absurd is the numeber of ammo:
200 ammo for combined for all the common and sport weapon (no kidding..)
1500 ammo for shotgun and hunting rifle
if you are a reloader (everybody in Italy reload since the ridiculus amount of ammo we can own) you can own up to 3Kg of gun powder and as much as other component.
If you are a competitive shooter the 200 ammo limit goes up to 1500 (you have to be shooting for more than one year and to proof you are a competitive shooter showint the police your fee payment to at last a couple of shooting competition every year) and to get this permission, usually, it takes another year..
We cannot purchase hollow point ammo

For CCW:
Better forget it.. in Italy, with 67 milion of citizen, less than 70000 have a CCW and, most of those are private guard and, if they stop to do this job, they loose the CCW..
CV1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:45   #22
CV1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 View Post
Welcome. Where in Italy are you I headed there next month on vacation?
Hello, thanks for asking!!

I live in Reggio Emilia, more or less between Milan (probably you will be landing there) and Bologna.
Not a big city, but if you stop by, let me know, if I am in Italy (in this moment I am in Slovakia where I am working.. we are building a welding system for a very important Car maker here in Europe) I will be happy to say hello.
Also if you stop by I will show you where the Italian flag is born (the town hall of my city is called "Sala del Tricolore" because the Italian flag was born there) for the rest.. I can grant that I will take you out for lunch or dinner on some fine place.. real local stuff.. :-)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:47   #23
CV1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by superseal View Post
Man, screwing things up already maybe a mod could correct my mistake,...I thought I was starting a new intro thread but mistakenly contributed to another.

Like i said, I know these things work
c'mon man no problem at all! please be my guest!!
Also I just jumped on the M4 bandwagon so we can share this pllace :-)
and that "blond moment" emoticons made me really laugh so thanks for joining
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40   #24
uhlawpup
Gentle Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to uhlawpup
Thanks for the info, Cris!

One more question...

Are there any indoor shooting ranges there that are open to the public? Do they rent guns for people who do not own them?

CRUX SANCTA SIT MIHI LUX
NUNQUAM DRACO SIT MIHI DUX
uhlawpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52   #25
CV1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlawpup View Post
Thanks for the info, Cris!

One more question...

Are there any indoor shooting ranges there that are open to the public? Do they rent guns for people who do not own them?
Heya
Most of the range in Italy rent guns and, also, all of them sells ammo.
The indoor range, at last in my area are quite rare (I am aware only of one, the Police one) but let say that the "mixed" configuration is common: they are built like the court of old house: you have screened porch all around so you and the target are under a roof and all around you there are wall.
[url]http://www.tsnre.it/default.aspx[/url]
this is the link to range wheer I shoot the most (TSN stand for Tiro a Segno Nazionale: National Shooting range.) consider that most of the range in Italy are privately managed by local sport association but are state owned. Also consider that the safety inspection are made by Italian Army corps of Engeneer and the land where the TSN is built is owned by the Governemnt also.
So said on the website you can see the "Armi a noleggio" it is the "Weapons for rent" section and some pictures of the old part of the building where the the Italian Army went to train before and during WWII. (yes also the shooting range in most part of Italy are monument.. LOL)
Old 08-27-2012, 21:25   #26
USSOCOM

Welcome, make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have. Be sure to read the tasked posts at the top of each forum.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38   #27
CV1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSOCOM View Post
Welcome, make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have. Be sure to read the tasked posts at the top of each forum.
Thanks Sir, will do
Old 09-02-2012, 08:46   #28
oily_oink
###########

From Michigan!