SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-20-2012, 14:53   #1
SPIN2010
Searching ...

LWRC Rifles

OK, give me the dirt on the LWRC product. Specifically the M6A2 SPR model.

I am not hashing out the DI vs Piston issue, just wish to know if anyone has seen any verifiable problems with the product.

I sent a few PM messages to some of the AR informed here on GT (some answered, some did not ... "thank you" again to those who did).
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 16:25   #2
fallenangelhim
come get some

Good to go.

Sent from my Android
The Kalashnikov Klub Member #1999
fallenangelhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 17:29   #3
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

LWRC are very commonly overlooked, for some reason.
Top shelf quality, superb customer relations/service.

Good to go on every level!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 17:32   #4
davsco

i have m6a3 dmr and absolutely zero issues. have done a handful of 2 and 3 gun matches with it and again zero issues.
davsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 17:37   #5
Foxtrotx1

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ighlight=LWRCI

Take a look here. These guys know ARs.

Big complaint being common with many piston ARs, more weight and recoil impulse for no benefit

If you want to spend that much money on an AR, why not get the best of the best?
http://www.knightarmco.com/sr15.html

Eagle Scout.

Last edited by Foxtrotx1; 08-20-2012 at 17:43..
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 17:57   #6
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ighlight=LWRCI

Take a look here. These guys know ARs.

Big complaint being common with many piston ARs, more weight and recoil impulse for no benefit

If you want to spend that much money on an AR, why not get the best of the best?
http://www.knightarmco.com/sr15.html
M4 Carbine is full of Costa-worshiping *******s who will tell you an AR besides BCM, Colt or Noveske are garbage.'

They act like .MIL wannabe's, and I'd wager that most are fat, pretentious pieces of ****.

I don't post on M4C anymore, because the sheer level of retardedness I encountered, with people adding their 2 cents, or immediately bashing something they have never touched, must less, actually fired/used.

OP, if you want the straight shoot on the LWRC, I suggest you avoid M4 Carbine.net. Your going to be ran off, as all of them hate piston, while 95% have no experience with them.

I had an M6A2-SPR, and it was an amazing gun. EASILY a 1 MOA gun with my ACOG, and match ammo.

It's light for a piston gun, and the fit, finish, and overall quality are amazing. You will pay for it, though.

Should you ever need LWRCi's customer service, they take care of you.

I suggest becoming a part of the LWRC forum at forum.lwrci.com

The higher-ups of the company, as well as the technical staff are very active on their forums, and will answer any questions you may have.

Its also a friendly forum, and drama, and banter are not tolerated, however, your opinion isn't censored, and your thread locked like at M4C.net.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 08-20-2012 at 17:59..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 18:06   #7
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
M4 Carbine is full of Costa-worshiping *******s who will tell you an AR besides BCM, Colt or Noveske are garbage.'

They act like .MIL wannabe's, and I'd wager that most are fat, pretentious pieces of ****.

I don't post on M4C anymore, because the sheer level of retardedness I encountered, with people adding their 2 cents, or immediately bashing something they have never touched, must less, actually fired/used.

OP, if you want the straight shoot on the LWRC, I suggest you avoid M4 Carbine.net. Your going to be ran off, as all of them hate piston, while 95% have no experience with them.

I had an M6A2-SPR, and it was an amazing gun. EASILY a 1 MOA gun with my ACOG, and match ammo.

It's light for a piston gun, and the fit, finish, and overall quality are amazing. You will pay for it, though.

Should you ever need LWRCi's customer service, they take care of you.

I suggest becoming a part of the LWRC forum at forum.lwrci.com

The higher-ups of the company, as well as the technical staff are very active on their forums, and will answer any questions you may have.

Its also a friendly forum, and drama, and banter are not tolerated, however, your opinion isn't censored, and your thread locked like at M4C.net.
So to get a balanced opinion you send him to LWRCs forums?

Unless you are using a suppressor with an SBR or a Full auto, there is little reason for anyone to go with a piston gun unless they just want one to be unique.

Eagle Scout.
Old 08-20-2012, 18:45   #8
Happy Hunting

I toyed with the idea of getting one for a while and shot one a bit too. It was on my short list along with a Noveske Recon or Afghan but a better deal came up for something else so I went with a SCAR. It is the same money spent and probably a better resale if I find myself in a pinch.

The model I played with was an M6A2 and it was niiice. I like the minimalism of the "rails" on the SPR model. That should help with the extra weight of the piston system up front that DI people complain about, and was noticeable on the M6A2 with the bulky quad. I know the range where I rented the rifle said they use the M6A2 for their rental AR because they barely have to clean it and it was the preferred rifle there for the dude doing the rentals.

May not be much help but I think you will like it if you get one. One question... Have you noticed prices falling any for older models since the M6A5?
Happy Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:01   #9
SPIN2010
Searching ...

I seem to be the only one looking for the olive drab color scheme, so ...

This of course prompted me call LWRC manufacturing and ask a specific question about the fit of the upper/lower interface on cerakote vs non. The Mfg. product support guy was very up front and stated that it was a touchy-feely thing (gated by the QC guys) that did not have a specification as far as he knew. He did state the cerakote models would be tighter due to the coating stack up on parts (makes sense).

So, the technical support is up front from my experience thus far (should be on a 2.3k USD weapon).

Keep the observations coming, as I just moved my P228 to pay for the new AR rifle.

Thanks!
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:06   #10
mjkeat

As piston ARs go I'd say LWRC is the best. I went w/ LWRC (M6A1) and am pleased.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:13   #11
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
So to get a balanced opinion you send him to LWRCs forums?

Unless you are using a suppressor with an SBR or a Full auto, there is little reason for anyone to go with a piston gun unless they just want one to be unique.
OP didn't ask for your opinion on piston guns. He asked about LWRC, the M6-SPR specifically, and any known issues with the gun.

I didn't send him to LWRC's forums to get an "unbiased" opinion. I did, however, steer him away from the ****ing idiots on M4C, that will bash something sight unseen.

I DID, however, send him to LWRC's forums to ask any questions he may have. Unlike other forums, LWRC is open to all criticism, good or bad on their forum, and won't immediately censor any opposing opinion or their guns on their forum.

Lets try to not **** up his thread. If you have an issue with me, or my opinions of the retards on M4C, PM me instead of de-railing his thread.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 08-20-2012 at 19:27..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:25   #12
Roger1079

Black Rifle Forum

Here are my 2 AR's. The bottom one with the desert tan furniture is a pre 2009 LWRC (back when they still said Leitner Wise Rifle Company on them). I bought it used with about 2000 rounds through it and have put about the same through it myself. In the roughly 2000 rounds I have put through it, I have not had a single malfunction. One inch holes with the entire magazine are easily possible at 100 yards through the Eotech and 3X magnifier. For me to do this, a bipod is necessary, however a more skilled shooter may be able to do it without. It has been an amazing rifle and I do not regret spending the extra coin on it. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Roger1079; 08-20-2012 at 19:30..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:30   #13
G23Adam
.- -.. .- --

They make a fine product. Piston systems are a solution waiting on a problem to occur IMHO. The ones ive ran operated perfectly, just really heavy... Why do you want one?
NRA Member - GSSF Member - .40 S&W Club #133 - 1911 Club #133 - Freemason's Lodge #133 - Black Rifle Club #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G23Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:33   #14
Tim151515
iHeartGuns

LWRC is on the highest of shelves, but you have to pay for it. Agree with Adam. Pistons are a good system, but a service grade gas AR is a very viable, practical, and reliabe option. For about half of the price. Not to mention lighter. I have had a lot of experience with gas AR's, and have never had problems with one that wasn't abused.

Last edited by Tim151515; 08-20-2012 at 19:36..
Tim151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:44   #15
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim151515 View Post
LWRC is on the highest of shelves, but you have to pay for it. Agree with Adam. Pistons are a good system, but a service grade gas AR is a very viable, practical, and reliabe option. For about half of the price. Not to mention lighter. I have had a lot of experience with gas AR's, and have never had problems with one that wasn't abused.
With all due respect, you guys make it seem like the piston weighs 10 pounds. The weight diference is miniscule at most.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:51   #16
Cole125
Silver Membership

LWRC are unquestionably very high end and nice rifles, but you are not gaining much reliability with a piston VS quality DI gun.

If you are running a short barreled, full auto, suppressed gun(or any two of those features) than a piston is for you.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 19:59   #17
Tim151515
iHeartGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
With all due respect, you guys make it seem like the piston weighs 10 pounds. The weight diference is miniscule at most.
Very solid point. I just mentioned weight because there is a slight difference. My point was just this. If you have a very loose budget and the price of a quality piston AR is not a big deal, which from what I have seen is around 2k or 3k, then by all means go for it.

I mean, any AR lover that says they don't drool over a Larue or LWRC might not be truthful.

But someone shouldnt feel as if they need to spend that much to quat a very high quality, hell even combat proven AR. There are a lot of service quality ARs around the 1000 range to inclue DD, Colt and the likes.

Piston is a luxury no doubt, but it is not a necessety.
Tim151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 20:07   #18
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
It may not be a total weight thing but a balance thing. The added weight of the piston system is out toward the end of the fulcrum.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 20:47   #19
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I'm no fan of the piston on an AR (on something designed to use it, sure).

That said, I've dealt professionally with LWRC, as well as shot a lot of their rifles.

If I was in the market specifically for an AR WITH a piston, I would generally only bother looking at LWRC.

If I truly wanted a piston rifle, I'd get a SCAR, it's a better piece. But the M6 is a solid gun. The weight is indeed an issue if you're carrying and using the rifle for extended periods of time such as MOUT courses, going by feedback from a friend who did so for four days straight (four continous days of training including night ops and setting up hides, etc, with the gun constantly in hand or scanning for targets).
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 22:05   #20
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
OP didn't ask for your opinion on piston guns. He asked about LWRC, the M6-SPR specifically, and any known issues with the gun.

I didn't send him to LWRC's forums to get an "unbiased" opinion. I did, however, steer him away from the ****ing idiots on M4C, that will bash something sight unseen.

I DID, however, send him to LWRC's forums to ask any questions he may have. Unlike other forums, LWRC is open to all criticism, good or bad on their forum, and won't immediately censor any opposing opinion or their guns on their forum.

Lets try to not **** up his thread. If you have an issue with me, or my opinions of the retards on M4C, PM me instead of de-railing his thread.
I offered an opinion and an alternate source of info, you wanted to make it a pissing match, have it with yourself.

Eagle Scout.