Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-01-2012, 20:32   #1
M&P Shooter
PA Member

PSA 5 days and still didn't even process my LPK order!

I ordered a LPK from PSA on 7/27/12 and I called them today and they said they are behind in orders. I will not wait this long for a simple LPK. Looks like I will go back to Midway or Brownells
Old 08-01-2012, 20:34   #2
simotek

I use them for ammo. Took 7 days to ship my most recent order. They have that free shipping thing going on so have been getting swamped. Normally they are way faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
simotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 20:52   #3
Trey83

My lpk order took them 7 days to ship. Then it was missing several parts I used to highly recommend them but lately I'm not so sure. I can live with the turnaround time but not the kind of errors with missing parts.
Old 08-01-2012, 21:16   #4
alexanderg23

I ordered a Magpul MBUS from them a few days ago for $39 on sale it saved me $20+ I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I will and for less. I'm totally cool with that.

If they have a 97% order accuracy rate which is probably close, I'd say that is acceptable.
Old 08-01-2012, 21:21   #5
Trey83

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
I ordered a Magpul MBUS from them a few days ago for $39 on sale it saved me $20+ I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I will and for less. I'm totally cool with that.

If they have a 97% order accuracy rate which is probably close, I'd say that is acceptable.
I very highly doubt that. I don't think they can screw up an MBUS order though so you should be safe. Maybe........we just have to wait and see Another guy on ARFCOM ordered three AR mags and got shipped 23 of them.

Last edited by Trey83; 08-01-2012 at 21:22..
Trey83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56   #6
mjkeat

I like PSA, hate the wait. I won't order from them anymore. That said, according to their FB page they are hiring. That was a week ago. The hiring process takes a while. Most places do background checks, drug screening, and so on. That stuff takes times. When I stop seeing all these PSA is Slow threads It's game on once again.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01   #7
simotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I like PSA, hate the wait. I won't order from them anymore. That said, according to their FB page they are hiring. That was a week ago. The hiring process takes a while. Most places do background checks, drug screening, and so on. That stuff takes times. When I stop seeing all these PSA is Slow threads It's game on once again.
I think we just have to be patient right now and give them some time. They just recently opened a huge retail storefront and are trying to hire to keep up with the new demand. They've really taken off in the last year.

I'm willing to keep giving them my business (and my patience) because I think they're good for the shooting community.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21   #8
Ruggles

I have ordered 5 times with no issues and very reasonable wait times. I will use them again, I can understand the frustration some are feeling though.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:23   #9
Restless28

I buy all of my accessories from Brownells, with the exception of the Aimpoint PRO from Midway.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27   #10
FatBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
I ordered a LPK from PSA on 7/27/12 and I called them today and they said they are behind in orders. I will not wait this long for a simple LPK. Looks like I will go back to Midway or Brownells
I am surprised you got anyone on the phone.

Today it's says they are 5 business days behind in shipping orders, not sure what it may have said when you ordered, but it said something similar last time I ordered.

I also have to agree w/ people who are staying away from them until this all gets straightened out. It has been over a year, and they still are not stepping up. I will say that my ammo order last month was shipped within a week and arrived correctly.

As far as LPKs go give Pete a call RR for $65 shipped.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_125/2..._in_stock.html

Some people are like Slinkies: Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35   #11
22rtf2
Peaceful

If that was during a sale, and I think I saw that sale, it will take a while. With their prices being so low I've learned to wait.

If you need something immediately order from Midway.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35   #12
Smitty1283

I ordered a lower pictogram receiver,and a PSA + LPK. They sent an email asking if I would take the non pictogram receiver because the other was out of stock....I said sure.....I sent them an email an requested a change to the MOR + LPK rather than the PSA and they switched it free of charge. I'll use them again when I'm not in a hurry. My order took awhile!

J

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Smitty1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52   #13
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

I don't mind the wait. They even clearly specify that they are behind in shipping, and to explect delays while they try to fill the high volume of orders. Are they in over their head? Yes. But it does appear that they are trying, and trying pretty dang hard.

That said, if I need it yesterday (like apparently lots of people here do), I go somewhere else. But for the product and price, I can wait a week or so for a Lower build kit. YMMV.
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:58   #14
bmoore

Quote:
I ordered an A2 stock and carry handle on 7/25, still nothing. They are slow, that's just the way it is.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:27   #15
ranger88
CLM Number 130
Charter Lifetime Member

I live in Columbia, SC where Palmetto State Armory is located and they are definitely taking off like a rocket. They went from one small retail storefront located in a corporate business park in an obscure part of town to now having an additional storefront adjacent to a major interstate with a newly opened range. In over their heads? Absolutely!

I went to the new store/range last week and they still have merchandise in packing boxes on the sales floor waiting to be stocked/priced. There was a line to get onto the range that one guy was trying to handle all by himself. And the phone was ringing off the hook with people calling with questions about range hours, etc. I can only imagine what a nightmare their warehouse/shipping department looks like. But having said all of that, they still said "hello" to me when I walked in the door and I was asked several times during my 30 minute visit if I wanted to look at anything or needed help finding anything. A far cry from the service you get in most of the gun stores that I've been to in the past.

They're going through some growing pains. But growth isn't just a good thing for my town, but a great thing for competitive pricing online for the rest of you guys and gals. So just give them the benefit of the doubt is all that I ask and I'll be going back soon to make use of that new range.

And to answer the question before it is asked, I do NOT work for and am NOT affiliated with Palmetto State Armory in any way other than having been an infrequent customer at the old store.
Old 08-02-2012, 17:45   #16
Armchair Commando
Long Range Guru

Its hard to beat their prices for major stuff but if i order another lpk or small items it will be through midway or brownells!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03   #17
M&P Shooter
PA Member

My order is still processing Me and PSA are officially done forever!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:46   #18
SJC 3081

Send a message via AIM to SJC 3081 Send a message via Yahoo to SJC 3081
You have to balance price and service. For person expect premium service and rock bottom prices you are delusional.
I order from ****** for the rock bottom prices, it take me 30 days to get my order. That is the price I'm willing to pay to save money.

Last edited by SJC 3081; 08-03-2012 at 04:47..
SJC 3081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:14   #19
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Poor planning on your part should not constitute an emergency on their's.

Small company, expanding rapidly, doing their best to keep up
& expand with demand. *** burnt is no way to go through life.
Find another supplier,......how 'bout DPMS?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:41   #20
simotek

Quote:
My order is still processing Me and PSA are officially done forever!
Have you followed up with them on it yet? It took 7 days for me to get my ammo out like I said.

When things settle down they normally ship within 48 hours.