SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 22:49   #81
tbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks tear View Post
26 years of shooting Glocks of all 4 generations, owned over 30 of them. Never had any issues, not even with the 4 Gen 4's we have.

In 50 years of shooting I have probably shot every pistol ever made. Have shot every Glock, and probably 50 different 1911 design pistols.

Beretta? sold it. XM? junk, sold it. S&W? no thanks, done that too.

Now that H&K 45 looks fine but overpriced, and the FNH guns are very fine

Gen 4: 17, 21, 26
According to your sig line, you only have 3 gen 4's...
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56   #82
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
Take that stupid laser off the front of the pistol. Did you even shoot it before adding all the silly accessories to it?
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59   #83
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
According to your sig line, you only have 3 gen 4's...
I like people who post detailed lists, on public forums, of all the valuable firearms they have at the house while they are gone.
Old 10-19-2012, 14:45   #84
TheGlockTalker

Just got the new Glock back. Took it to the range and shot about 200 rounds and it's the same ***** as with the other one.
No difference whatsoever! Very weak ejection, brass in face, several rolled down into my shirt pocket scratched up my glasses and phone, some brass even hit my left arm (I'm right handed), how it manages to do that I don't know.
Same story with running to the right and shooting; basically not possible unless you wear a helmet to protect your face from the ejecting brass.
Shot S&B, Magtech, WWB, PMC, AE, and Hornady.
This gun is the same junk as the one they were replacing!

I also noticed like TattooedGlock pointed out that this gun was made earlier this year and as a matter of fact the spent casing is dated the same month as my original Gen 4 21 that they replaced.

However when I talked to Glock they told me I'd get a new gun from a brand new batch of guns. Not so at all!!! Not even close. They lied to me about that.

Anyway I think I may as well sell this junk and stay with the Gen 3 21 it ejects brass perfectly fine. There's really nothing wrong with it I just wanted all the new Gen 4 features thus I bought this one......bad mistake!

Thanks Glock.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 15:08   #85
t4terrific

I love the Gen 3. It's the best double stack .45 I've ever shot. I've never felt the slightest temptation to downgrade to a SF or Gen 4.
Old 10-19-2012, 15:51   #86
Beretta92guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Just got the new Glock back. Took it to the range and shot about 200 rounds and it's the same ***** as with the other one.
No difference whatsoever! Very weak ejection, brass in face, several rolled down into my shirt pocket scratched up my glasses and phone, some brass even hit my left arm (I'm right handed), how it manages to do that I don't know.
Same story with running to the right and shooting; basically not possible unless you wear a helmet to protect your face from the ejecting brass.
Shot S&B, Magtech, WWB, PMC, AE, and Hornady.
This gun is the same junk as the one they were replacing!

I also noticed like TattooedGlock pointed out that this gun was made earlier this year and as a matter of fact the spent casing is dated the same month as my original Gen 4 21 that they replaced.

However when I talked to Glock they told me I'd get a new gun from a brand new batch of guns. Not so at all!!! Not even close. They lied to me about that.

Anyway I think I may as well sell this junk and stay with the Gen 3 21 it ejects brass perfectly fine. There's really nothing wrong with it I just wanted all the new Gen 4 features thus I bought this one......bad mistake!

Thanks Glock.
Glocktalker, im going to make you very happy with a suggestion......

take that POS to the gunshop tomorrow and trade it for a Springfield Armory XDm 4.5"......the loss you take will be a small price to pay for a gun that works as it should......

get it and thank me later
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 23:09   #87
TheGlockTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
Glocktalker, im going to make you very happy with a suggestion......
take that POS to the gunshop tomorrow and trade it for a Springfield Armory XDm 4.5"......the loss you take will be a small price to pay for a gun that works as it should......
get it and thank me later

I would do that but I have a problem with the grip safety. Other than that I think it's a perfect weapon.
Old 10-28-2012, 23:16   #88
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Don't overlook the S&W M&P 45's, crazy accurate guns, can get it with or without thumb safety, and the back straps are interchangeable.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 21:24   #89
Brendan Kinsella

I have 1850 rounds threw mine with zero issues. Shot every kind of ammo i could find threw it and it swallows all of it well . Trying to find n issue because i was a Sig guy but as much as I dont a
want to amit it my GLOCK KICKS ASS !!!!!!!!
Brendan Kinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14   #90
xcaliburelite

Quote:

Did you ever call them about this? I would be really pissed off if I was told that they would send a 'new production' weapon and get one that basically come off the line at the same time as the one they were replacing. Im curious what theyre response was. Even if you are going to sell the gun, I would still contact them and raise hell.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:29   #91
Yertology

No expert but I've heard that its the US made glocks have this issue.
Yertology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53   #92
ScottieG59

It sounds like the slide is not moving fast enough, though grip is not possible to rule out completely. I only get ejected cases to the face with my Glock 20 (similar to the 21) when I use the 40 S&W conversion barrel. I could change the recoil spring, but I just accept it.

Another possible issue is that the pistol was modified with a light or large sites. I doubt this is an issue with the G21, but I have heard of these problems with other guns.

Your thumb may be in contact with the slide and causing it to slow down. You may not see this in your grip since it may only occur in recoil.

Maybe the magazine spring is pushing the top round too hard in the bottom of the slide.

Of course, problems with the extractor and/or ejector can cause this. Same with a heavy or binding recoil spring.

Whatever it is, it will be something simple unless you want to make it complex.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 22:35   #93
TheGlockTalker

I'm going to try the weaker recoil spring and see if that won't do the trick.
Just don't like the idea of having to spend money on making a brand new gun work as it should.

Xcaliburelite, no I haven't called back.
Really don't feel like messing with this any more.
Sick and tired of it.
They could care less that I've been shooting their weapons since my first G17 in the late 80's and have been nothing less than a loyal customer until now.
So with that in mind I really don't feel like messing with this any more, tired of them and don't feel like going through mailing this weapon too.
Will try the weaker recoil spring and that's about it with this gun.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:13   #94
Bradd D

Sold my 21 gen 4 and now I have a 22 gen 4. Very pleased with it.
Bradd D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49   #95
HK Dan

Tighten your grip on the gun just a little bit. Do it unti the brass goes back and to the right. EVERY time a shooter catches brass to the face, this soves it.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14   #96
Bradd D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
Tighten your grip on the gun just a little bit. Do it unti the brass goes back and to the right. EVERY time a shooter catches brass to the face, this soves it.
Grip has nothing to do with it. I've been shooting Glocks of various calibers for 22 years and never had a problem until recently. I've owned 4 recent production Glock 9mm's two of which were fine and 2 of which were terrible.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44   #97
firstg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd D View Post
Grip has nothing to do with it. I've been shooting Glocks of various calibers for 22 years and never had a problem until recently. I've owned 4 recent production Glock 9mm's two of which were fine and 2 of which were terrible.

Grip can have something to do with, its been proven in many youtube videos. But it can also be a problem with the gun or reloads and not shooter related at all. I find it strange that the OP has now got a second glock 21 gen4 and is having these issues. This makes me think its the shooter or his reloads, unless perhaps he got a gun that was built during the same time his old was was built. Could be possible there was a bad batch of lemons sent out. It just seems like if the two guns were built during different times, that the problems might be grip or reloaded ammo related, since there are so many other satisfied g21 gen 4 shooters out there.

Last edited by firstg19; 11-01-2012 at 12:46..
firstg19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48   #98
Bradd D

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstg19 View Post
Grip can have something to do with, its been proven in many youtube videos. But it can also be a problem with the gun or reloads and not shooter related at all. I find it strange that the OP has now got a second glock 21 gen4 and is having these issues. This makes me think its the shooter or his reloads, unless perhaps he got a gun that was built during the same time his old was was built. Could be possible there was a bad batch of lemons sent out. It just seems like if the two guns were built during different times, that the problems might be grip or reloaded ammo related, since there are so many other satisfied g21 gen 4 shooters out there.
I had a 21 gen 4 that sent so much brass to my face it was difficult to shoot effectively. I found myself anticipating the brass with each shot. There are far too many cases of BTF recently for it to be a grip issue.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06   #99
TheGlockTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstg19 View Post
It's not the grip at all. I have a gen 3 that shoots perfectly as do all my 1911's.

I'm not shooting reloads.
I have a list of ammo makers in an earlier post that I have tried.

Why do you say the gun was built at different times?
Judging by the spent casing it was produced in in the exact same month. Look at post 84 above.
Thus nothing strange about the gun having the exact same problems. . . . everything in it is the same.

However Glock promised me that this gun would be made from a different batch. As a matter of fact they told me to wait for two extra weeks " we are going to send you a new weapon, just have to wait a few days for production" is exactly what they told me.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23   #100
BuzznRose

Quote:
However Glock promised me that this gun would be made from a different batch. As a matter of fact they told me to wait for two extra weeks " we are going to send you a new weapon, just have to wait a few days for production" is exactly what they told me.
I had the same issue, and Glock sent me a brand new gun. They even mounted my TruGlo TFO's from my first G21 Gen 4.

I never shot the new gun. I immediately posted and sold it as new in box, and bought an XDm.

I'm not a Glock hater. Still have four Gen 4's that I'm happy with, but I'm done with Glocks in .45ACP.

I know there are a lot of G21/30 fans here, and God Bless you all, but they just aren't for me.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine