SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-02-2012, 14:18   #101
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
I would do that but I have a problem with the grip safety. Other than that I think it's a perfect weapon.
It's always the customer's choice but...

There is no conceivable way you could pick up the weapon and fire an aimed round where you wouldn't have already operated the grip safety.

The grip safety has been standard on the 1911 since, well, 1911!

This is strictly an Internet Shooter issue and has no basis in reality. The idea that it 'could break' is nonsense and only written by people who have no idea how the grip safety works. All it does is block the sear from moving down and releasing the striker. It's a single piece of metal, how can it possibly break?

And, yes, I shoot an XD9 from time to time. It's a very nice pistol and the grip safety causes me no concern whatsoever. In fact, I like the little hump. I see that becoming more or less standard on the newer 1911s. I have just such an arrangement on my Sig 1911. I would have to add aftermarket parts to get the hump on my Colt 1911s. Probably not worth the effort.

Richard

Last edited by F106 Fan; 11-02-2012 at 14:19..
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 18:37   #102
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Hi, still new to this forum.

I got a new Glock 21 Gen 4 a couple of days ago and wanted to ask if you could help me.

It's a great gun and I love shooting it but it spits brass all over me. Hot brass raining over you gets tiring after a while.

Is this just because the gun is still new, shot 300 rounds today, or is there something wrong with it?
The date on the spent casing is Apr 2012.

Thanks for your input.

I bet that you keep your shirt buttoned!
Old 11-02-2012, 20:00   #103
obituary

I have sent mine in since my last post and got it back about 2 weeks. It has a new extractor in it and will be out to the range to see if its fixed . This is a real problem I have video myself and two other people with my gen 4 g21 limp wristing is not the case with mine.
obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 17:40   #104
firstg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd D View Post
I had a 21 gen 4 that sent so much brass to my face it was difficult to shoot effectively. I found myself anticipating the brass with each shot. There are far too many cases of BTF recently for it to be a grip issue.
I couldn't agree with you more now. I just had to get a lemon and see for myself to believe it.
firstg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 18:33   #105
Backfire_Tx

Be a man "buck up"...

Glock's are perfect why just Saturday - i took one in the forehead and it drew blood. I see that as a feature - i deserved to be hit in the head. The Glock knows when you are naughty and nice. As was suggested in here - try a soft song late at night and stroke the grip between the forefinger and thumb taking care not to pinch the Glock. Seriously - i got a new ejector for my G23 and thought the problem was solved before Saturday's thud on the forehead. I had quite a few fly over my head - but alas my Glock must be mad at me. I deserved my love "welt".

The Glock faithful in here will attribute your problem to:
#1. Weak or inferior ammo (You cheap @@##$#@)
#2. Your limp wrist (you are a #@$)
#3. Your Stance
#4. Your Breath
#5. Windage
#6. Bounce off of the Shooting Range wall.
#7. The extractor must have a "smudge" on it - did you clean and polish it?
#8. And last but not least: "I've owned 400 Glocks and shot 40,000 rounds and never had 1 failure. I.e. Your an idiot a Glock would never fail they are perfect.

Last edited by Backfire_Tx; 11-26-2012 at 18:48..
Backfire_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:37   #106
TheGlockTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire_Tx View Post
Glock's are perfect why just Saturday - i took one in the forehead and it drew blood. I see that as a feature - i deserved to be hit in the head. The Glock knows when you are naughty and nice. As was suggested in here - try a soft song late at night and stroke the grip between the forefinger and thumb taking care not to pinch the Glock. Seriously - i got a new ejector for my G23 and thought the problem was solved before Saturday's thud on the forehead. I had quite a few fly over my head - but alas my Glock must be mad at me. I deserved my love "welt".

#3. Your Stance
#4. Your Breath
#5. Windage
#8. And last but not least: "I've owned 400 Glocks and shot 40,000 rounds and never had 1 failure. I.e. Your an idiot a Glock would never fail they are perfect.

Hahahaha very funny.........unfortunately your points are TRUE!!!

So sad.......

Last edited by TheGlockTalker; 11-30-2012 at 23:38..
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 17:19   #107
firstg19

Any updates? Did you sell the gun or are you sending it back to glock for round 2? I sent my g34 gen4 in for again, since they did nothing the first time. I'm hoping they finally do something or I will continue to be a problem for them until my gun is fixed.
Old 12-31-2012, 20:01   #108
Backfire_Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstg19 View Post
Any updates? Did you sell the gun or are you sending it back to glock for round 2? I sent my g34 gen4 in for again, since they did nothing the first time. I'm hoping they finally do something or I will continue to be a problem for them until my gun is fixed.

I sent it back still waiting... Its been 1 month. Thats my carry weapon. I am thinking to buy a CM9 Kahr pocket 9mm and sell the glock. I have 1 more theory if the Gaston boys cant fix it. One guy in the forum states that he had a new 20sf 10mm - he owns a bunch. And he started to swap parts - he found ejector was causing the issue of a left jam on feed ramp. That what i am seeing. So, when it comes back from glock i'll test. If it still has issues, i'll fiddle with the ejector and find a good gun smith. I emailed glock to check ejector. Problem started after ejector (for head shots) was changed.

Last edited by Backfire_Tx; 12-31-2012 at 20:02..
Old 01-06-2013, 17:24   #109
Beretta92guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
Wow, that is sad, come on Glock pull your head out of your ass. I love my Glocks but they need to man up make things right before Glocks are looked upon like Hi-points.
agreed....those two videos are really sad, not only are the 9mm and .40's doing that crap, but now the 45's

I am on the sidelines waiting for glock to fix so i can go back to my (former) favorite platform, but looks like ill be keeping my Springfield Armory XD's...which is fine with me, most excellent guns that work like they should
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:26   #110
Beretta92guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire_Tx View Post

#3. Your Stance
#4. Your Breath
#5. Windage
that, sir, is the damn truth.......

i've said from day-one that the slides are out-of-spec., specifically the hole that the extractor rides in, but the kool-aid-drinkers refuse to believe that....got rid of my two beloved .40's that started doing that BTF crap IMMEDIATELY........

patiently waiting for the arrogant and stuck-up glock co. to address the problem and fix it, but im not holding my breath.....

ive already switched over entirely to Springfield, could not be happier, guns that work as they SHOULD

Last edited by Beretta92guy; 01-06-2013 at 17:29..
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54   #111
Backfire_Tx

Glock Sent me a new Glock 23. I was shocked and did not expect that. Going to the range tonight. They gave me extra mags also.

Last edited by Backfire_Tx; 01-07-2013 at 06:56..
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54   #112
firstg19

TheGlockTalker, It's been a month or more now, can you comment on what has happened with your gen4 g21?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16   #113
Will Beararms

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Uh oh, just a matter of time before the Gaston's Kool aid drinking zealots pop up.

OP, solution is simple, wear a hat & glasses at all times, shoot homeboy style or trade gun in for M&P or XDm, whichever floats your boat, cause Glock doesn't seem to give a crap their new guns don't run right.

Keep the gun oil handy.....

General Glocking

General Glocking

Last edited by Will Beararms; 02-26-2013 at 09:17..
Will Beararms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23   #114
Will Beararms

Any time new designs surface or design changes are made, issues arise. Ask Sig about the early P239's. Ask Beretta about the PX4 Mags and debris getting into the rotating barrel cam. Ask Remington about the 710 rifle.

Glocks have issues. All firearms will have them from time to time. I have a Gen 4 22 that so far has been flawless save two BTF's from Tula ammo out of 1,000 total. I have sent a NIB Sig, and NIB Kahr and an NIB S&W Revolver back to the factory. It happens.

I am not sipping the Kool Aid. I believe it is a balancing act, you take the good with the bad and if the pluses outweigh the minuses, you are okay in the end. YMMV.

Last edited by Will Beararms; 02-26-2013 at 09:24..
Will Beararms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07   #115
WayneJessie

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know (especially the "it's never the Glock's fault, always your grip" crowd) that I talked to Glock - who have now had my gun for about three weeks.
THEY acknowledged that this weapon had major ejection problems and said they are going to send me a new weapon.
I asked when they would send it and they said they're waiting for new production and it'll be shipped immediately after that.
This should shut the mouth of the guys always blaming the shooter but it won't. Hey, if you tout your pistol as perfect and the finest combat hangun made that means it should eat any and all ammo thrown at it even if you have to crawl around in slime and mud for days before shooting it. I have a Glock and it's no different from my other handguns. It's not perfect. It's a compromise to appeal to a certain segment of buyers that like the features it has. I try to stay away from the koolaid drinkers of any brand gun that think their gun is the be all,end all, perfect gun.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 19:12   #116
Backfire_Tx

Shot 500 rounds with new glock 23

Shot about 500 rounds with new Glock they sent. No Failure to feeds. No issues. I had 1 casing graze my head - but who cares. The gun is working fine and reliable for SD - oh, BTW the same "wrist" shoots the new glock 23 as the old one that had FTF issues.

I love glocks but folks need to tap the brakes a bit on making it a form of worship!. They are a machine - a precision piece of technology - and they are man made. Enough said. If you want perfection - consider the Lilly... Matthew 6:28

Last edited by Backfire_Tx; 03-06-2013 at 19:19..