Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 16:55   #61
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Ordered from glockparts.com. I did not specify casting #, but that's what showed up. You could probably call and specify # 2, 6 etc.Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Please post something once you've had a chance to try it.
Would love to solve this problem asap.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 18:15   #62
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Please post something once you've had a chance to try it.
Would love to solve this problem asap.

Going out tommorow morning. I will let you know. I will post here and in the G21 Gen4 thread I started.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436412

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-15-2012 at 18:17..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 18:20   #63
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Going out tommorow morning. I will let you know. I will post here and in the G21 Gen4 thread I started.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436412
Much appreciated.
I'll be watching this closely.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 14:01   #64
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Much appreciated.
I'll be watching this closely.

Ok. So I took my 250rds of 230gr FMJ (890fps) American Eagle, my G21 G4 with the new ejector installed, and a new extractor in a bag with me to the range. Long story short results--not good. Almost all right hand weak ejection. Out of 150rds fired, 3 BTF, and 1 left ejection, 1 right shoulder.

Right away I could tell the new ejector did not make a difference. I switched to the new #2 extractor within the first 2 mags. It did seem to make a slight difference, the right hand weak ejections were getting slightly more distance. So I switched back to my original ejector/trigger housing, but this made no difference in ejection. Total fired =150rds.

Over all the ejection was better this time out than last, but I believe this to be ammo related. The last time out I used Blazer CCI and Argulia, which are both rated for less than 850fps. The AE I used today is rated for 890fps (which is closer to SD ammo velocity). I am up to 500rds now through my G21 with no failures, just weak/erratic ejection.

Next step. I am going to polish top and bottom of extractor and file down the shoulder and see how that runs. I am also going to buy a new RSA for it. Im thinking the RSA maybe the problem, it does seem a little hevy when I rack the slide. I did experience this problem with the new updated RSA's for the G19 G4's. I got the 2 new RSA from Glock, 1 for my g4 19, and 1 for my wifes g4 19. When I installed the new RSA's in th G19's there was a very noticeable difference in the resistence when racking the slides side by side. The 19 with the harder to rack slide did exhibit weak ejection patterns while the lighter sprung 19 did not. Replaced the harder RSA with a new one that felt like the other 19's and the weak ejection pattern dissapeared. So, yes, it is possible the G4 RSA's are coming from the factory with different lb rating (most likely a QC issue).

On another note, Is there anyone here from NJ that goes to Cherry Ridge range and owns a good ejecting G21 Gen4? I would like to compare side by side, maybe swap uppers to see if the problem is in the upper or the frame of the pistol.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 15:22   #65
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Gosh dang it!!!!!!!!

Glock typically has excessively strong recoil spring so maybe getting something not so tight might help.
It would make the slide move faster. More recoil but who cares, would be better than the hos brass shower we have to live with.

Although I'm not noticing much of a difference between racking my Gen 3 and Gen 4 G21's but it would still be an interesting experiment.
Going to see if Wolf has a spring for the g4 21.

I'm also going to call Glock at some point and see what they have to say.
Hopefully they have something documented.

Thanks for your experiment and report.

Too bad it didn't help.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 16:20   #66
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Gosh dang it!!!!!!!!

Glock typically has excessively strong recoil spring so maybe getting something not so tight might help.
It would make the slide move faster. More recoil but who cares, would be better than the hos brass shower we have to live with.

Although I'm not noticing much of a difference between racking my Gen 3 and Gen 4 G21's but it would still be an interesting experiment.
Going to see if Wolf has a spring for the g4 21.

I'm also going to call Glock at some point and see what they have to say.
Hopefully they have something documented.

Thanks for your experiment and report.

Too bad it didn't help.
I had a G21SF that I sold for the Gen4 G21. I distinctly remember the slide was much easier to rack.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 18:52   #67
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
I had a G21SF that I sold for the Gen4 G21. I distinctly remember the slide was much easier to rack.

I'm sure you're right. I need to put the original spring back in and see how it feels.
Will do that soon.

Thanks
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 19:06   #68
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Ok. So I took my 250rds of 230gr FMJ (890fps) American Eagle, my G21 G4 with the new ejector installed, and a new extractor in a bag with me to the range. Long story short results--not good. Almost all right hand weak ejection. Out of 150rds fired, 3 BTF, and 1 left ejection, 1 right shoulder.

Right away I could tell the new ejector did not make a difference. I switched to the new #2 extractor within the first 2 mags. It did seem to make a slight difference, the right hand weak ejections were getting slightly more distance. So I switched back to my original ejector/trigger housing, but this made no difference in ejection. Total fired =150rds.

Over all the ejection was better this time out than last, but I believe this to be ammo related. The last time out I used Blazer CCI and Argulia, which are both rated for less than 850fps. The AE I used today is rated for 890fps (which is closer to SD ammo velocity). I am up to 500rds now through my G21 with no failures, just weak/erratic ejection.

Next step. I am going to polish top and bottom of extractor and file down the shoulder and see how that runs. I am also going to buy a new RSA for it. Im thinking the RSA maybe the problem, it does seem a little hevy when I rack the slide. I did experience this problem with the new updated RSA's for the G19 G4's. I got the 2 new RSA from Glock, 1 for my g4 19, and 1 for my wifes g4 19. When I installed the new RSA's in th G19's there was a very noticeable difference in the resistence when racking the slides side by side. The 19 with the harder to rack slide did exhibit weak ejection patterns while the lighter sprung 19 did not. Replaced the harder RSA with a new one that felt like the other 19's and the weak ejection pattern dissapeared. So, yes, it is possible the G4 RSA's are coming from the factory with different lb rating (most likely a QC issue).

On another note, Is there anyone here from NJ that goes to Cherry Ridge range and owns a good ejecting G21 Gen4? I would like to compare side by side, maybe swap uppers to see if the problem is in the upper or the frame of the pistol.
Ugh. Well so much for that. Thanks for the testing.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:46   #69
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
I called Glock and they told me they had not heard of any extraction issues with the Gen 4 21.
Told me they would be happy to have a look at it to see if there's anything they can do.
That's where we left it.
I absolutely hate to but suppose I may as well go ahead and send it to them.
Don't see any other way to get this resolved.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43   #70
Glock2336
Senor Member
 
Glock2336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NV
Posts: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube


Wow! That's worse than my Gen 4 G19
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 17:21   #71
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,542


Quote:
I called Glock and they told me they had not heard of any extraction issues with the Gen 4 21.
Bull. Smyrna reads these boards and have heard from owners. They know. Sort of like the -1 trigger bar issue.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 14:46   #72
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Just wanted to let everyone know (especially the "it's never the Glock's fault, always your grip" crowd) that I talked to Glock - who have now had my gun for about three weeks.
THEY acknowledged that this weapon had major ejection problems and said they are going to send me a new weapon.
I asked when they would send it and they said they're waiting for new production and it'll be shipped immediately after that.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 14:53   #73
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,633
There were several threads on this. I have a Gen 4 21 and had the same issue. Put in a different ejector (the one designed for the 40/357) and have had no more issues. Runs like a champ. FYI, the release won't be until somewhere between the end of next Jan and March of 2013.
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 15:14   #74
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
What release are you talking about?
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 15:18   #75
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,633
The release of the next batch of Gen 4 pistols
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 15:24   #76
mo.glocker
Senior Member
 
mo.glocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: st.charles,mo
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
is it just me or are the only rds hitting him is when he lets the muzzle flip up?
__________________
wake up sheeple!
mo.glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 15:38   #77
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedGlock View Post
The release of the next batch of Gen 4 pistols
They're sending it in in a week or two.

Last edited by TheGlockTalker; 09-25-2012 at 15:39..
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 16:00   #78
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
TattooedGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
They're sending it in in a week or two.
Cool. Keep us posted.
__________________
NRA Life Member
If you're a gun owner and not a member, you fail.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:09   #79
obituary
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
Just got my 21 g4 yesterday, out of 200 rounds 3 to the face and 2 0r 3 to the right shoulder. Other than that I love this Glock and it was a pleasure to operate. They were Rem umc 230 Gr MC. Cleaned and lubed prior to firing ,no attachments installed .Never had this problem with other Glocks or other brand pistols.I do plan on running different ammo and seeing how it goes. Hoping not to send it off. Glad to hear they are taking care of yours
obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 21:45   #80
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 332
Just got a brand new G21 in the mail. Will try to take it out later this week to test it.
Will report back when I know something.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 628
116 Members
512 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31