Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 13:10   #41
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
I remember when you were unlucky to get a bad Glock. Now you are lucky if you get a good one.
Sad but true. Just shot a new 27 yesterday and I felt like it was my first time shooting I was so nervous. Fortunately it was perfect for the first few hundred rds. I'll pass the 500 mark in a week or two and know more.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 13:20   #42
Andy W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Not sure what to tell you - those are the brands of range ammo I have tried and they have weak ejection. I haven't seen any cases go to the left, like in the video above, but they will only clear my right arm by 6" or so at the most. When I shoot my defense rounds, Winchester Ranger 230gr, they fly a good ten feet to the right (like they should). My hand loads are 7 grains of Power Pistol with Berry's 230 grain RN FMJ and they certainly don't dribble out like the store bought loads.
I believe you. It's just that I've never seen Speer Lawman and American Eagle referred to as "weak" before. Those are what I usually buy when I when I don't want to shoot up my hollow points but I want some stouter range ammo. I don't know about .45 but in 9mm I can definitely feel the difference between Federal Champion from Walmart and American Eagle. Same thing with WWB 165 grain .40 and American Eagle 165.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 13:32   #43
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
whitebread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
It's just that I've never seen Speer Lawman and American Eagle referred to as "weak" before.
Maybe weak was a bad word to use. 'Lower velocity than self defense rounds' is probably more PC?
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 14:31   #44
Socks tear
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 65
26 years of shooting Glocks of all 4 generations, owned over 30 of them. Never had any issues, not even with the 4 Gen 4's we have.

In 50 years of shooting I have probably shot every pistol ever made. Have shot every Glock, and probably 50 different 1911 design pistols.


Beretta? sold it. XM? junk, sold it. S&W? no thanks, done that too.

Now that H&K 45 looks fine but overpriced, and the FNH guns are very fine
__________________
Gen 1: 17
Gen 2.5: 23
Gen 3: 19, 30 od, 30SF, 34
Gen 4: 17, 19, 21, 26, 27, 41
Socks tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 16:17   #45
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
Are you shooting steel case ammo?
Yes, but my Taurus PT145 has no problem ejecting the same ammo.
I think trying to use ammo as am excuse is just plain stupid.
Any gun no matter who makes it should shoot any ammo that is made to shoot out of that gun. If it doesn't then their is something wrong with that gun.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 17:09   #46
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><
 
packinaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Loxahatchee Fl
Posts: 4,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
Wow, that is sad, come on Glock pull your head out of your ass. I love my Glocks but they need to man up make things right before Glocks are looked upon like Hi-points.
__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
packinaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 17:59   #47
Ranger45
Senior Member
 
Ranger45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 597
Gen4 G21 SSN###, spent casing collected 3/8/12, purchased in May 2012. No issues with ejection yet.

Hope you get your issues sorted out GlockTalker!
__________________
GSSF & NRA Member
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 18:56   #48
dgbee456
Senior Member
 
dgbee456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HOT AND HUMID
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Uh oh, just a matter of time before the Gaston's Kool aid drinking zealots pop up.

OP, solution is simple, wear a hat & glasses at all times, shoot homeboy style or trade gun in for M&P or XDm, whichever floats your boat, cause Glock doesn't seem to give a crap their new guns don't run right.
agreed if my gen4 G30 has any issues, i am done with any glock made before 2007
__________________
Glock in 9mm...Usually Perfection.
dgbee456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 19:06   #49
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbee456 View Post
agreed if my gen4 G30 has any issues, i am done with any glock made before 2007
You mean after 2007.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 20:22   #50
Z71bill
Senior Member
 
Z71bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Yes, but my Taurus PT145 has no problem ejecting the same ammo.
I think trying to use ammo as am excuse is just plain stupid.
Any gun no matter who makes it should shoot any ammo that is made to shoot out of that gun. If it doesn't then their is something wrong with that gun.
Some guns don't like certain ammo -

When my M&P40 was new it ate all the brass cased ammo just fine - zero issues -

Loaded up some Wolf steel case and it started to have issues on the first mag - switched back to brass - problems went away.

If you have no ejection problems when you use brass cased ammo - and do when you use steel - than it is at least in part an ammo problem.

After I put a few thousand more rounds through the M&P I tried some Wolf again and if worked 99% - would still get a stuck empty case in the chamber every once in a while.

I see this as an ammo related problem more than a gun problem -

Does your gun have weak ejection with brass cased ammo?
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 16:44   #51
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 335
Just wanted to follow up.
I have now shot 1850 rounds from this gun, have owned it for week + 2 days, and it's still spitting brass all over the place for whatever reason.

Fired Magtech and PMC today and got a lot of brass all over me.
In my chest, on the top of my head, and a generally weak ejection.

Don't know what's going on but every time I shoot my G21 Gen 3 right next to the Gen 4 with the same brass it does none of those things. Not even a hint of it.

I suppose I have to call Glock about this or try an aftermarket extractor and/or ejector.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 16:50   #52
Beretta92guy
Senior Member
 
Beretta92guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Just wanted to follow up.
I have now shot 1850 rounds from this gun, have owned it for week + 2 days, and it's still spitting brass all over the place for whatever reason.

Fired Magtech and PMC today and got a lot of brass all over me.
In my chest, on the top of my head, and a generally weak ejection.

Don't know what's going on but every time I shoot my G21 Gen 3 right next to the Gen 4 with the same brass it does none of those things. Not even a hint of it.

I suppose I have to call Glock about this or try an aftermarket extractor and/or ejector.
the only person i would be calling is my local gun shop to see how much of a trade in on a XD, Sig or Smith they would give me for that POS.....

as others have said, the pundits and kool aid drinkers will blame the ammo, your grip, stance, humidity or even the time of day you were shooting....but NOT the gun......

well, it IS THE GUN, and if i were you i would not waste one more DIME on ammo, parts, shipping......

Glock has screwed up, and while they are still busy putting out defective products, i would be buying other brands of guns....

trade in on an XDm like i did.....Great gun, tons of features and ZERO brass to the face....LIKE IT SHOULD BE
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 16:53   #53
Beretta92guy
Senior Member
 
Beretta92guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks tear View Post
26 years of shooting Glocks of all 4 generations, owned over 30 of them. Never had any issues, not even with the 4 Gen 4's we have.

In 50 years of shooting I have probably shot every pistol ever made. Have shot every Glock, and probably 50 different 1911 design pistols.


Beretta? sold it. XM? junk, sold it. S&W? no thanks, done that too.

Now that H&K 45 looks fine but overpriced, and the FNH guns are very fine
Good Lord, there is so much BS in that post, i don't even know where to start!!!!

XDM is JUNK!!!...you are full of it!!!

Last edited by Beretta92guy; 08-14-2012 at 16:54..
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 17:07   #54
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Just wanted to follow up.
I have now shot 1850 rounds from this gun, have owned it for week + 2 days, and it's still spitting brass all over the place for whatever reason.

Fired Magtech and PMC today and got a lot of brass all over me.
In my chest, on the top of my head, and a generally weak ejection.

Don't know what's going on but every time I shoot my G21 Gen 3 right next to the Gen 4 with the same brass it does none of those things. Not even a hint of it.

I suppose I have to call Glock about this or try an aftermarket extractor and/or ejector.
What # is on you extractor? I have the #3 stamped on my poorly ejecting G21 Gen4.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-14-2012 at 17:07..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 17:23   #55
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
What # is on you extractor? I have the #3 stamped on my poorly ejecting G21 Gen4.

I have 8196-2.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:50   #56
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
I have 8196-2.

That is your ejector. I am looking to see what # is stamped on your extractor.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28   #57
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
That is your ejector. I am looking to see what # is stamped on your extractor.

Sorry, screwed up. I saw the word extractor and later in your sentence saw something about "ejecting" and read that as ejector.

Yes, my extractor has a tiny number "3" on it as well.

I wonder if this means something.

Thanks
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33   #58
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Sorry, screwed up. I saw the word extractor and later in your sentence saw something about "ejecting" and read that as ejector.

Yes, my extractor has a tiny number "3" on it as well.

I wonder if this means something.

Thanks
It might. I have a new extractor with # 2 on it to try out.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:48   #59
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
It might. I have a new extractor with # 2 on it to try out.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Please post after your test.
Where did you get the No. 2?
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 13:08   #60
diamondd2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Please post after your test.
Where did you get the No. 2?
Ordered from glockparts.com. I did not specify casting #, but that's what showed up. You could probably call and specify # 2, 6 etc.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:34.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 578
153 Members
425 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31