GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 19:12   #26
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 656
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds


TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 19:19   #27
Swamprattler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 156
I have followed the Gen 4 G21 since it first came out, on several web sites, and this is the first negative comment I have seen. Mine has been flawless over several hundred rounds. Sorry to hear about yours. Unless we start seeing more experiences like this, I would guess yours (unfortunately) is a fluke. I would send it to Glock if it continues. Good luck.
Swamprattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 20:04   #28
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 656
Wait until you get to about 500 rounds then report back.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 23:19   #29
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Do you clean your gun, specifically the breech face and extractor? Do you lube properly? What is your grip and stance? Can you post a video? What ammo are you using?

What's there to clean I was shooting the first 300 shots?
Yes I lubed it before I got started.
I use Weapon Sheild.
My grip is thumbs-forward, and it's definitely very tight.
Stance is Weaver.
No video.
I described the ammo in my second post, No. 4.

I'm not shooting this gun in anyway differently than I do my Gen 2's and 3's.

I have been shooting Glocks more or less since ca 1988 there should be no special babying required that I've never needed to do with the other generations anyway, especially when buying a weapon from a company that touts (and markets) reliability under any circumstances.

This gun is brand spanking new for crying out loud.

Your car sample makes no sense and is less than helpful to this conversation.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 23:21   #30
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Wait until you get to about 500 rounds then report back.

OK, I will do that.
I should have it at about 1500-2000 rounds by this time next week.

Thanks
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 23:25   #31
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds
EGHV0009 - YouTube
EGHV0011 - YouTube


Yes, this is about the same thing that's happening to me. No matter what brand name rounds I'm firing.
And if you have to shoot fast.........well......God help you from the skin burns.
Especially if you have to move fast to the right as you shoot. You are really moving into the hot brass showers.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 00:06   #32
WinterWizard
Senior Member
 
WinterWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
What's there to clean I was shooting the first 300 shots?
Yes I lubed it before I got started.
I use Weapon Sheild.
My grip is thumbs-forward, and it's definitely very tight.
Stance is Weaver.
No video.
I described the ammo in my second post, No. 4.

I'm not shooting this gun in anyway differently than I do my Gen 2's and 3's.

I have been shooting Glocks more or less since ca 1988 there should be no special babying required that I've never needed to do with the other generations anyway, especially when buying a weapon from a company that touts (and markets) reliability under any circumstances.

This gun is brand spanking new for crying out loud.

Your car sample makes no sense and is less than helpful to this conversation.
Thanks for your opinion.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13   #33
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
Yes, this is about the same thing that's happening to me. No matter what brand name rounds I'm firing.
And if you have to shoot fast.........well......God help you from the skin burns.
Especially if you have to move fast to the right as you shoot. You are really moving into the hot brass showers.
Just be thankful it's a model 21 doing this to you and not a model 18.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:15   #34
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
Ohz Noes, someone actually took a video showing the FUBAR ejection pattern... I'm sure the Kool Aid drinkers will continue to deny and blame the shooter and ammo (everything but the gun).
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55   #35
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
whitebread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 798
I have a 21 Gen4 and get erratic ejection when shooting weak range ammo - particularly S&B, American Eagle, and Lawman 230 grain FMJ. My 850fps hand loads and defense ammo ejects perfectly. I am not too worried about it.
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41   #36
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 656
I remember when you were unlucky to get a bad Glock. Now you are lucky if you get a good one.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48   #37
Z71bill
Senior Member
 
Z71bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
Are you shooting steel case ammo?
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48   #38
Andy W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I have a 21 Gen4 and get erratic ejection when shooting weak range ammo - particularly S&B, American Eagle, and Lawman 230 grain FMJ. My 850fps hand loads and defense ammo ejects perfectly. I am not too worried about it.
I don't know about S&B, but American Eagle and Lawman are not exactly "weak" range ammo. American Eagle feels pretty stout to me out of my M&P 9 and G22 and Speer Lawman is loaded to feel similar to Speer Gold Dots. Now, Federal Champion and WWB, those are weak range ammo.
Andy W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33   #39
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
whitebread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
I don't know about S&B, but American Eagle and Lawman are not exactly "weak" range ammo. American Eagle feels pretty stout to me out of my M&P 9 and G22 and Speer Lawman is loaded to feel similar to Speer Gold Dots. Now, Federal Champion and WWB, those are weak range ammo.
Not sure what to tell you - those are the brands of range ammo I have tried and they have weak ejection. I haven't seen any cases go to the left, like in the video above, but they will only clear my right arm by 6" or so at the most. When I shoot my defense rounds, Winchester Ranger 230gr, they fly a good ten feet to the right (like they should). My hand loads are 7 grains of Power Pistol with Berry's 230 grain RN FMJ and they certainly don't dribble out like the store bought loads.
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38   #40
TheGlockTalker
Senior Member
 
TheGlockTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I have a 21 Gen4 and get erratic ejection when shooting weak range ammo - particularly S&B, American Eagle, and Lawman 230 grain FMJ. My 850fps hand loads and defense ammo ejects perfectly. I am not too worried about it.

I don't see how this is particularly weak ammo.

However none of this should matter.

Like I said my Gen 3 21 ejects any ammo just fine.
Whether it's my handloads or factory loads.
It could care less.

My 1911 which I took with me to the range on the first day I shot the 21 ejected all ammo just perfectly. Much more to the front, never had to worry about it. And I was shooting the exact same amo.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 13:10   #41
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
I remember when you were unlucky to get a bad Glock. Now you are lucky if you get a good one.
Sad but true. Just shot a new 27 yesterday and I felt like it was my first time shooting I was so nervous. Fortunately it was perfect for the first few hundred rds. I'll pass the 500 mark in a week or two and know more.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 13:20   #42
Andy W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
Not sure what to tell you - those are the brands of range ammo I have tried and they have weak ejection. I haven't seen any cases go to the left, like in the video above, but they will only clear my right arm by 6" or so at the most. When I shoot my defense rounds, Winchester Ranger 230gr, they fly a good ten feet to the right (like they should). My hand loads are 7 grains of Power Pistol with Berry's 230 grain RN FMJ and they certainly don't dribble out like the store bought loads.
I believe you. It's just that I've never seen Speer Lawman and American Eagle referred to as "weak" before. Those are what I usually buy when I when I don't want to shoot up my hollow points but I want some stouter range ammo. I don't know about .45 but in 9mm I can definitely feel the difference between Federal Champion from Walmart and American Eagle. Same thing with WWB 165 grain .40 and American Eagle 165.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Andy W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 13:32   #43
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
whitebread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
It's just that I've never seen Speer Lawman and American Eagle referred to as "weak" before.
Maybe weak was a bad word to use. 'Lower velocity than self defense rounds' is probably more PC?
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 14:31   #44
Socks tear
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 65
26 years of shooting Glocks of all 4 generations, owned over 30 of them. Never had any issues, not even with the 4 Gen 4's we have.

In 50 years of shooting I have probably shot every pistol ever made. Have shot every Glock, and probably 50 different 1911 design pistols.


Beretta? sold it. XM? junk, sold it. S&W? no thanks, done that too.

Now that H&K 45 looks fine but overpriced, and the FNH guns are very fine
__________________
Gen 1: 17
Gen 2.5: 23
Gen 3: 19, 30 od, 30SF, 34
Gen 4: 17, 19, 21, 26, 27, 41
Socks tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 16:17   #45
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
Are you shooting steel case ammo?
Yes, but my Taurus PT145 has no problem ejecting the same ammo.
I think trying to use ammo as am excuse is just plain stupid.
Any gun no matter who makes it should shoot any ammo that is made to shoot out of that gun. If it doesn't then their is something wrong with that gun.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 17:09   #46
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><
 
packinaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Loxahatchee Fl
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Gen4 G21 just under 500 rounds

EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube
Wow, that is sad, come on Glock pull your head out of your ass. I love my Glocks but they need to man up make things right before Glocks are looked upon like Hi-points.
__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
packinaglock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 17:59   #47
Ranger45
Senior Member
 
Ranger45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 596
Gen4 G21 SSN###, spent casing collected 3/8/12, purchased in May 2012. No issues with ejection yet.

Hope you get your issues sorted out GlockTalker!
__________________
GSSF & NRA Member
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 18:56   #48
dgbee456
Senior Member
 
dgbee456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HOT AND HUMID
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Uh oh, just a matter of time before the Gaston's Kool aid drinking zealots pop up.

OP, solution is simple, wear a hat & glasses at all times, shoot homeboy style or trade gun in for M&P or XDm, whichever floats your boat, cause Glock doesn't seem to give a crap their new guns don't run right.
agreed if my gen4 G30 has any issues, i am done with any glock made before 2007
__________________
A Couple Glocks--
dgbee456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 19:06   #49
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher
 
TRX450R_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbee456 View Post
agreed if my gen4 G30 has any issues, i am done with any glock made before 2007
You mean after 2007.
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 20:22   #50
Z71bill
Senior Member
 
Z71bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
Yes, but my Taurus PT145 has no problem ejecting the same ammo.
I think trying to use ammo as am excuse is just plain stupid.
Any gun no matter who makes it should shoot any ammo that is made to shoot out of that gun. If it doesn't then their is something wrong with that gun.
Some guns don't like certain ammo -

When my M&P40 was new it ate all the brass cased ammo just fine - zero issues -

Loaded up some Wolf steel case and it started to have issues on the first mag - switched back to brass - problems went away.

If you have no ejection problems when you use brass cased ammo - and do when you use steel - than it is at least in part an ammo problem.

After I put a few thousand more rounds through the M&P I tried some Wolf again and if worked 99% - would still get a stuck empty case in the chamber every once in a while.

I see this as an ammo related problem more than a gun problem -

Does your gun have weak ejection with brass cased ammo?
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:21.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,262
383 Members
879 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42