SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2012, 14:22   #41
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
You ordered a new non-dip .45 extractor? So it's true Glock is making non-dip extractors for more than just the 9mm? If true, depending on your results may make me reconsider the Glock as my platform of choice.

MY G21 Gen 4 came with a non-dipped extractor. The new one I ordered just happened to be non-dipped, I didn't specifically order non-dipped. I might be wrong, but I think all .45 Glock Gen4's are non-dip.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 15:18   #42
Beanie-Bean

diamond,

I've got the 8196-2 ejector, 4256-1 cruciform/trigger bar, and a non-dipped extractor with "6." stamped on the inside. 0-7-2 RSA.

No weak ejections unless I didn't put enough powder when I loaded the ammo, and none w/factory.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 15:32   #43
bruzer

Following the progress.
Mike
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 16:13   #44
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie-Bean View Post
diamond,

I've got the 8196-2 ejector, 4256-1 cruciform/trigger bar, and a non-dipped extractor with "6." stamped on the inside. 0-7-2 RSA.

No weak ejections unless I didn't put enough powder when I loaded the ammo, and none w/factory.

Bean,

Does you ejector sit "high" in the trigger housing like my new one or "low" like my original?

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-13-2012 at 16:13..
Old 08-14-2012, 19:28   #45
PopandGlock

Has this issue been resolved by Glock yet?
PopandGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 19:42   #46
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Cool, but that is NOT the original poster's gun.
I was showing you and the rest of the it might be this and not the gun people that the problem is real. That it's the gun and not a ricochet.

Last edited by TRX450R_Racer; 08-14-2012 at 19:42..
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 00:34   #47
bruzer

Hey diamond,
My Gen 4 G21 came with the 8196-2 ejector and it sits down like your original ejector. I am guessing your new one should also and is not properly seated.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Last edited by bruzer; 08-15-2012 at 00:41..
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06   #48
Beanie-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Bean,

Does you ejector sit "high" in the trigger housing like my new one or "low" like my original?
diamond,

Mine sits low/flush like your older one.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:27   #49
ricklee4570

Nothing more enjoyable than going to the range to shoot your new gun and then getting pelted in the face with hot brass every shot!

Last edited by ricklee4570; 08-15-2012 at 03:28..
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:55   #50
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzer View Post
Hey diamond,
My Gen 4 G21 came with the 8196-2 ejector and it sits down like your original ejector. I am guessing your new one should also and is not properly seated.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike
Upon closer inspection (idiot I am), it's the trigger housing that's a little different which gives the illusion of the ejector sitting higher. When in fact it's the same height. But the angle of the ejector is slightly different, which is what I am hoping will change the ejection. I might have just got a defective ejector. If not, it's got to be the extractor. There are no updated ejectors and everyone is running the same 8196-2, and most have no problems. But there are lots of different extractor casting #'s (at least 6).

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-15-2012 at 04:56..
Old 08-15-2012, 08:47   #51
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Got my gun back from Glock yesterday and had to call them today to find out what they did to it. Found out they replaced the trigger housing with ejector, trigger and trigger bar, and slide stop lever, and they ran five magazines of ammo through it.

I plan on hitting the range on Friday to see how it shoots.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:56   #52
diamondd2

Quote:
Got my gun back from Glock yesterday and had to call them today to find out what they did to it. Found out they replaced the trigger housing with ejector, trigger and trigger bar, and slide stop lever, and they ran five magazines of ammo through it.

I plan on hitting the range on Friday to see how it shoots.

Interesting. I wonder if it was an out of spec trigger bar forcing the ejector to angle or move.

Old 08-15-2012, 18:16   #53
diamondd2

Buzz,

What # is on your extractor?
Old 08-16-2012, 13:54   #54
diamondd2

Ok. So I took my 250rds of 230gr FMJ (890fps) American Eagle, my G21 G4 with the new ejector installed, and a new extractor in a bag with me to the range. Long story short results--not good. Almost all right hand weak ejection. Out of 150rds fired, 3 BTF, and 1 left ejection, 1 right shoulder.

Right away I could tell the new ejector did not make a difference. I switched to the new #2 extractor within the first 2 mags. It did seem to make a slight difference, the right hand weak ejections were getting slightly more distance. So I switched back to my original ejector/trigger housing, but this made no difference in ejection. Total fired =150rds.

Over all the ejection was better this time out than last, but I believe this to be ammo related. The last time out I used Blazer CCI and Argulia, which are both rated for less than 850fps. The AE I used today is rated for 890fps (which is closer to SD ammo velocity). I am up to 500rds now through my G21 with no failures, just weak/erratic ejection.

Next step. I am going to polish top and bottom of extractor and file down the shoulder and see how that runs. I am also going to buy a new RSA for it. Im thinking the RSA maybe the problem, it does seem a little hevy when I rack the slide. I did experience this problem with the new updated RSA's for the G19 G4's. I got the 2 new RSA from Glock, 1 for my g4 19, and 1 for my wifes g4 19. When I installed the new RSA's in th G19's there was a very noticeable difference in the resistence when racking the slides side by side. The 19 with the harder to rack slide did exhibit weak ejection patterns while the lighter sprung 19 did not. Replaced the harder RSA with a new one that felt like the other 19's and the weak ejection pattern dissapeared. So, yes, it is possible the G4 RSA's are coming from the factory with different lb rating (most likely a QC issue).

On another note, Is there anyone here from NJ that goes to Cherry Ridge range and owns a good ejecting G21 Gen4? I would like to compare side by side, maybe swap uppers to see if the problem is in the upper or the frame of the pistol.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-16-2012 at 14:00..
Old 08-16-2012, 17:19   #55
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post
I was showing you and the rest of the it might be this and not the gun people that the problem is real. That it's the gun and not a ricochet.
Still not the OP's gun.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 17:55   #56
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Still not the OP's gun.
Obviously you don't get my point.

Last edited by TRX450R_Racer; 08-16-2012 at 17:55..
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 18:13   #57
diamondd2

Just tooling around over at glockparts.com i noticed white defense makes a 20% heavier extractor plunger spring for the G21. I ordered 1 and will give that a try with my polished extractor and new RSA.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-16-2012 at 18:14..
Old 08-16-2012, 18:21   #58
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
Slightly off topic but how do you like your xs sights?

Andy,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have XS Big Dots on one Glock (my primary HD G23 G4) and I really like them. That said, all my other Glocks (4) have TRUGLO TFO's, and I love them too.

XS seem a tad faster, but not much.
BuzznRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 18:32   #59
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Buzz,

What # is on your extractor?

If you meant the ejector, it is #8196-2

I'll take the slide apart this weekend if you're looking for a number on the extractor when I clean it.

Let me know.
BuzznRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 18:39   #60
diamondd2

Quote:
If you meant the ejector, it is #8196-2

I'll take the slide apart this weekend if you're looking for a number on the extractor when I clean it.

Let me know.
Yes, im looking for the extractor #