Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02   #21
Socks tear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLo View Post
Weak ammo.
and not enough rounds throuh it to break it in. Don't shoot one box and whine people
Socks tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:24   #22
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
Oh, for cryin'-out-loud....NOW its the .45's!!!!!!!

and to think, i almost chose a G21sf over a XDm.....

glad i chose the latter.....
General Glocking
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:38   #23
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
I have to agree as I have had the same experience. I own 22 Glocks both Gen 3 and 4 and never have brass to the face or any other issues. I believe that alot of it has to do with Grip. Just my 2 cents
Sick of this grip excuse. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE! Ok, it's due to a poor grip. You're basically saying Glocks are junk because they require perfect shooting fundamentals to operate correctly. None of my other guns do.

Does hickok45 have a poor grip? Go watch some of his Glock videos and see how poorly cases eject. I've posted many examples of this, with specific time references in the video. By contrast, watch any of his videos with other makes (Sig, HK, S&W) and you will rarely (basically never) see poor ejection.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 08-08-2012 at 09:40..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:04   #24
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
And yes, I shoot gangsta style.

Turning it sideways? That's a kill shot man!

Getting pegged with brass sucks. Especially to the face. My wife's Gen 4 Glock 19 did it at first. The new RSA and ejector from Glock fixed that problem.
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23   #25
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Sick of this grip excuse. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE! Ok, it's due to a poor grip. You're basically saying Glocks are junk because they require perfect shooting fundamentals to operate correctly. None of my other guns do.

Does hickok45 have a poor grip? Go watch some of his Glock videos and see how poorly cases eject. I've posted many examples of this, with specific time references in the video. By contrast, watch any of his videos with other makes (Sig, HK, S&W) and you will rarely (basically never) see poor ejection.
I agree. Glocks are supposed to be fighting pistols. If perfect technique is required to get them to function properly then there is something wrong. Chances are when you are fighting to save your life you aren't going to have a perfect grip or stance. You might even have to shoot weak handed and even then without full use of that arm. Or maybe there is blood or sweat all over your hands and you can't get a firm grip on the gun. Or if you have a guy on top of you trying to beat you to death, there's no way you are gonna get a proper firm grip with both hands and get into a weaver stance. So I think an argument can be made that Glock is dropping the ball here.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by Andy W; 08-08-2012 at 11:32..
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:48   #26
BuzznRose

Quote:
I have a G21 Gen4, Serial = SAU. I now have 300rds through it with numerous brass to the head, face and shoulder. Im not sure if I am the only one with this problem, or the only one to admit it, but it is happening. Hopefully others will come foward.

1st range trip:
100rds AE FMJ 230gr at indoor range. Did notice brass to the head/face/shoulder. Did not pay attention because I am so used to brass bouncing off the partitions and hitting me.

2nd range trip:
50rds PMC FMJ 230gr and 50rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr. at outdoor range. No PMC brass to the head. About 5-6 alum blazer casings to the head/face. Maybe 2 Blazer casings to the shoulder.

3rd range trip:
50 rds Independence FMJ 230gr and 50 rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr at outdoor range. About 15 casing to the head/face from both brass and aluminum casings. About 6 casings from both brass and aluminum to the shoulder.
Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

Old 08-08-2012, 16:39   #27
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

Buzz,
Do report back with what parts they change and the end result. I really don't want to send mine to Glock. If its something as simple as an extractor, I can do it myself.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-08-2012 at 16:40..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 19:07   #28
TRX450R_Racer
Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
OP, do you have video to prove or disprove your claim? Without video, I suspect it is may just be ricochets off the partition wall. Sometimes ejection is so hard and the ricochet so fast, I could see where it feels like ejection straight to the face or upper body, when in fact it's not. Or has someone witnessed your problem?

In any event, this looks like the first instance of erratic ejection with a G21 gen4 that has popped up on GT, with probably thousands of guns sold most likely. Hardly an "issue" unless quite a few more pop up.
Here ya go. Just under 500 rounds

Gen4 G21

Gen3 G35 too many rounds to count

Last edited by TRX450R_Racer; 08-08-2012 at 19:08..
TRX450R_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 20:19   #29
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post

Gen4 G21
EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube

EGHV0017 - YouTube

EGHV0016 - YouTube
My G21 isn't even launching most of the shells I fire that far. I get hit in the forearms far more than the face.

Old 08-08-2012, 20:38   #30
SIGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie 1 Kenopie View Post
I must be blessed, because I've never had brass come back on me with ANY of my many Glocks using ANY ammo, EVER.
How many of your Glocks are Gen 4?

If you have NO gen 4....then your reply was kind of dumb.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34   #31
BuzznRose

I have four Gen 4's, a 19, 23, 26, and 21. Only the 21 throws brass straight back or short.

Never had an issue with FTF/FTE but both the 19 & 23 had recall recoil springs that Glock replaced. No issues before or after new springs.

Did have an issue with the way the 23 slide seated...but Glock fixed it quickly.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:06   #32
diamondd2

That's what it looks like when I shoot my Gen4 G21. Although it's not every round like in this video. I did notice in the video the casings look like they are either steel or aluminum. The aluminum seems to worse than the brass.

I also have Gen4 - 2-19's, 26, & 23 that do not eject brass to face.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-09-2012 at 07:32..
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14   #33
1-2man
Part Time

My Gen 4 21 ejects rather weakly 3-4 o'clock but only with my reloads (very light.) Full loads and personal protection ejects strong.
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 17:59   #34
Ranger45

Gen4 G21 SSN###, spent casing collected 3/8/12, purchased in May 2012. No issues with ejection yet.
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 21:11   #35
awpk03s

I have a Gen4 G21. No problems here of any kind.
awpk03s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14   #36
diamondd2

I went and ordered a new ejector (trigger housing) and new extractor from Glockparts. I also went and ordered a 250rd bulk pack of American Eagle 230gr FMJ. I paid the extra $$ for the AE because it is rated at 890fps and the poorly ejecting stuff I used was 840fps and less.

What my plan is:

-Clean and Lube
-Change to new ejector
-Use original extractor

Run 5 mags with original extractor, observe ejection.
Run 5 mags with new extractor, observe ejection.

Keep better ejection pattern extractor in.

This will be sometime next week
Old 08-10-2012, 10:56   #37
Andy W

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
My G21 isn't even launching most of the shells I fire that far. I get hit in the forearms far more than the face.

Slightly off topic but how do you like your xs sights?

Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 13:47   #38
diamondd2

Ok. Interesting devolpement. I recieved my new trigger housing with the 8196-2 ejector. Installed it in the pistol. 1st thing I noticed is the new ejector sits higher in the housing then the one that came with my G21 (maybe a 1/16"). Now my ejector is up tight to the bottom of the slide (seen when retracting slide). 2nd thing I noticed is the angle on the new ejector is a little more to the right then on the original one. I have a good feeling this is the source of my problem.

I also recieved a new non-dipped extractor with the #2 on it (my original is a #3). I will only put this in if the new ejector is not enough to fix the BTF problem.

I will get my ammo hopefully in a couple days and try it out.

NEW EJECTOR/Trigger Housing:

General Glocking

Original Ejector/Trigger Housing:

General Glocking

SIDE BY SIDE:

General Glocking

Hard to see angle difference:

General Glocking

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-13-2012 at 14:08.. Reason: add pics
Old 08-13-2012, 14:10   #39
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX450R_Racer View Post

Gen4 G21
EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube

EGHV0017 - YouTube

EGHV0016 - YouTube
Cool, but that is NOT the original poster's gun.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 14:11   #40
PAGunner

Quote:
Ok. Interesting devolpement. I recieved my new trigger housing with the 8196-2 ejector. Installed it in the pistol. 1st thing I noticed is the new ejector sits higher in the housing then the one that came with my G21 (maybe a 1/16"). Now my ejector is up tight to the bottom of the slide (seen when retracting slide). 2nd thing I noticed is the angle on the new ejector is a little more to the right then on the original one. I have a good feeling this is the source of my problem.

I also recieved a new non-dipped extractor with the #2 on it (my original is a #3). I will only put this in if the new ejector is not enough to fix the BTF problem.

I will get my ammo hopefully in a couple days and try it out.

NEW EJECTOR/Trigger Housing:

General Glocking

Original Ejector/Trigger Housing:

General Glocking

SIDE BY SIDE:

General Glocking

Hard to see angle difference:

General Glocking
You ordered a new non-dip .45 extractor? So it's true Glock is making non-dip extractors for more than just the 9mm? If true, depending on your results may make me reconsider the Glock as my platform of choice.