Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:06   #1
willyc7777

G23 Gen 4, 3 FTF over 100 rounds...

I have a G23 gen4 that I got a little over a year ago. Have not had a single issue with this until now. I don't really think it is the gun at all honestly i feel it was either the ammo, Federal 100 round bulk pack, or possibly the Mag as I believe all 3 were on the last round of the mag (I know at least 2/3 were not sure about the 1st one).

Unfortunately I didn't think of taking a picture of the jam however they all looked like the round jammed into the top of the barrel. With a tap, rack, ready drill it chambered and fired the round with no issue or if you dropped the mag, the round would fall out with the magazine.

Anyone else have any similar issue? Could this be anything else other than the ammo or mags?

As mentioned this gun is about a year old and I've put roughly 800-850 rounds through it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
willyc7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 19:54   #2
tnglockguy

I'm having a very similar experience with my Gen4 23, which I bought new last summer. It was fine with zero malfunctions through about 1200 rounds, but the last two times I've taken it to the range I've had multiple FTFs. Mine are all nosedives, with the round sticking on the feed ramp. Two of these were on the last round of a mag (different mag each time), but the other two were somewhere in the middle of the mag.

These were all with 165 gr. WWB. Still in the process of troubleshooting to see if it's ammo or gun. I don't think it's mags since I have 8 different ones and have had malfunctions with several of them. Thinking of polishing the feed ramp, but I've never had to do that with any of my other Glocks...guess we'll see.
tnglockguy is offline   Reply With Quote