SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2012, 17:15   #1
Rustin

Coast to Coast Am, any listeners?

Greetings GTers!

For about a month or so I was relegated to the graveyard shift. I was mostly driving around so I remembered a little program I had listened to years prior when staying up late was a daily (nightly) routine.

The program is called Coast to Coast am hosted by a wonderful speaker named George Nory, and it deals primarily with fringe material such as the paranormal, supernatural, cryptozoology, UFO encounters, time travel, ghosts, ghouls, demons, while also delving into more mainstream subjects like cosmology, psychology, medicine and agriculture, news you won't here elsewhere while also exploring the unexplained, like how the pyramids were built and what happened to Kennedy.

I have to admit the first couple of times I heard the program I thought it was too far out until I started my night shift recently. I became absorbed in every subject that was brought on air every night at 1:00am to 5:00am. Sure, I don't believe everything I hear but I do try to keep an open mind.

Coast to Coast has become one of my hands down favorite entertainment programs I have ever experienced. It's hard to explain just how broad the subject matter is and how spine tingling the stories can be. One night they are talking to a renowned genius cosmologist about multiverses and the Higgs particle and the next night it's about exorcism or clairvoyance or a reincarnated Nikola Tesla.(patrick flannagan, building missle interceptors at age 13) For those who listen, share your favorite stories! For those who haven't, check it out on your local am or at coasttocoastam.com .

One of my favorites was about the hag and shadow figures, a strange phenomenon usually attributed to sleep paralysis, where a dark figure, usually described as darker than dark, a sillouette that stands out from the night and sucks energy from a person, but I'm always interested in what they have to say about space and time.

Anyway, I'm back on days and I miss it. Any other coast listeners out there?

Last edited by Rustin; 08-06-2012 at 17:17..
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:17   #2
JLA

Yep...I listen to it on the way to work. Some of it is pretty interesting.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:33   #3
69HEMI-R/T

I used to listen to it back when Art Bell was the host. Same format and fringe group-type of guests with the occasional cosmologist discussing things wayyyy over my head.

I don't drive that late at night anymore and don't generally listen to AM radio at all now. The show had some very interesting guests, though and I looked forward to the show for a while.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:36   #4
el_jewapo

I've never listened to it live, but I've listened to a lot of recordings from when Art Bell hosted. Some of it is pretty interesting, some of it is pretty looney. I guess that's pretty interesting too.
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:39   #5
Dexters

I listen - Art Bell was the best.

I don't know why, but it doesn't seem as they get the same level of guests as Art.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:47   #6
Rustin

Looks like I need to dig into the archives to hear some Art bell shows!
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:48   #7
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Yes, it's the best show to listen to when I need something to help me sleep.

And even better when Alex Jones is on....
Old 08-06-2012, 17:56   #8
Flying-Dutchman

Sometimes I will turn on the radio low when I go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night and Coast to Coast will be on.

Once in a while the topic will be interesting and I try to remember it the next day but like a dream I forget it.

I believe the show gives me nightmares but that is OK as nightmares can be interesting.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:00   #9
bobby_w
Platinum Membership
Alienigena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Looks like I need to dig into the archives to hear some Art bell shows!
I have posted this link before to listen/stream the Great Art Bell .... http://www.u7radio.org/

You can stream it if you have a smartphone, tablet, PC or an Internet radio.

Houston and Austin AM reruns most of the night before's show on the following evening until that nights new show starts playing. It starts a 9:00pm Eastern Time. I am sure other Radio Stations run it also.

I listen every night unless I am without a radio. Yes, I am a Fan.
bobby_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:02   #10
skorper
harborrat

Whatever happened to Art Bell? I used to enjoy listening to him. One interview that comes to mind is the one with Father Malachai Martin. He was one of the more interesting guests.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:05   #11
bobby_w
Platinum Membership
Alienigena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
Whatever happened to Art Bell? I used to enjoy listening to him. One interview that comes to mind is the one with Father Malachai Martin. He was one of the more interesting guests.
Art lives in the Philippines with his 2nd Wife and child.

Occasionally he fills in for George.

Father Malachai Martin passed away.
bobby_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:13   #12
trajan07
dimly lit

I listen to it a lot while I'm going to sleep, it's fun to listen to. Another late night show that I enjoy (perhaps more so than Coast to Coast these days) is the John Batchelor show. No paranormal stuff, but he usually has some interesting guests and topics.
Old 08-06-2012, 18:41   #13
NIB

I've been listening to Coast to Coast since 1994. I don't like it as much anymore with George Nory and I often find myself listening to old Art Bell recordings.

Unfortunately I don't think we will hear Art Bell anymore on Coast to Coast. Apparently he's had a falling out with the producers of the show. When Art Bell was on, he ran the show and had control of everything. George Nory came in and allowed the producers to take control of the show upsetting Art Bell.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:00   #14
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Can't listen, a shadowman stole my radio, so I can't listen anymore.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:24   #15
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
I've been listening to Coast to Coast since 1994. I don't like it as much anymore with George Nory and I often find myself listening to old Art Bell recordings.

Unfortunately I don't think we will hear Art Bell anymore on Coast to Coast. Apparently he's had a falling out with the producers of the show. When Art Bell was on, he ran the show and had control of everything. George Nory came in and allowed the producers to take control of the show upsetting Art Bell.
Well, one thing that changed as soon Bell left the there was less show time and more time devoted commercials.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 08-06-2012, 19:26   #16
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Can't listen, a shadowman stole my radio, so I can't listen anymore.
Yeah. The shadow people. That was good. And the shows with the group who recorded the white noise in cemetaries and at a former insane asylum. EVP or something like that.

Old 08-06-2012, 19:49   #17
coastal4974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Sometimes I will turn on the radio low when I go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night and Coast to Coast will be on.

Once in a while the topic will be interesting and I try to remember it the next day but like a dream I forget it.

I believe the show gives me nightmares but that is OK as nightmares can be interesting.
I woke up from a dream where I was fighting Sasquatch. It was a good thing my wife was away or I would be in trouble (again!).

C2C was airing a show about Sasquatch sightings.
Old 08-06-2012, 21:23   #18
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
I used to listen on Sunday nights here in Cleveland...but after Art Bell left, the host is often Ian Punnett, who I found to be pathetic. Noory is OK...no Art Bell, but OK.
But, the local affiliate often pre-empted the show to run sports...I could sometimes pick it up on the Windsor, Ontario station, but that was problematical due to atmospherics. That, and the topics are often not as "out there" as they were with Art...
It has been months since I even tried to listen.
Old 08-06-2012, 22:41   #19
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

I listen regularly......... or at least in the winter time when the skAnchorage radio stations can reach out this way.

I like Noory's personality better than Art Bell's, but Bell being the founder is still the best. Punnet is a slug. I do like his replacement John B. Wells.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 22:44   #20
herose

I liked it much better when they catered to the kooky fringe guests. Now a lot of the shows are just boring.
Old 08-06-2012, 22:52   #21
BEANCOUNTER

I turned on my radio, in the middle of the night,
And I heard things I need to know,
Now I can see the light.
And I also see a ghost,
'cause I'm listening to Coast to Coast.

I found C2C many years ago while working late on a tax return. Art Bell was the host back then.

I could usually tell the moment when Bell suddenly realized that he had booked a guest who was 100% chucklehead. Noory doesn't seem to catch on as quickly, if at all, when that happens.

Tonight's C2C has something to do with forbidden archaeology, and I'm not sure this is "things I need to know". This could be a night when I'll be better off listening to NOAA weather, the static between stations, or maybe getting to sleep before 1 am.
BEANCOUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 00:15   #22
Von Hayes

I used to be a faithfull listener. Started around 1996, right around when Halle-Bopp was inbound. I told everyone I knew that there were signals being picked up from the spaceship traling behind it.

Good times.

It's just not the same anymore; and after 15 years of listening, along with reading roughly 10 books of UFO's; I feel like I've heard everything already.

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Nowadays, I scan Abovetopsecret forums a few times an hour and feel like I'm well updated on all things weird.

Last edited by Von Hayes; 08-07-2012 at 00:16..
Von Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42   #23
WarEagle 1
Pirate Hunter

Yep I used to listen to it all the time when I worked the night shift, I especially like it during the month of October with all the ghost stories.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58   #24
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Hayes View Post
I used to be a faithfull listener. Started around 1996, right around when Halle-Bopp was inbound. I told everyone I knew that there were signals being picked up from the spaceship traling behind it.

Good times.

It's just not the same anymore; and after 15 years of listening, along with reading roughly 10 books of UFO's; I feel like I've heard everything already.

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Nowadays, I scan Abovetopsecret forums a few times an hour and feel like I'm well updated on all things weird.
Ah, the good old days of Coast to Coast with Art Bell!

That's back when it was good. I can't stand the weniee that they call a host now.

Coast to Coast went to crap when Art left. Although the show has been far fetched (for the most part) there was a time when it was worth listening to.

Anymore, not so much. When they have a good guest on, like Michio Kaku, Brian Greene, or Katherine Albrecht, then I don't mind listening.

Otherwise, Not so much.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48   #25
Steve in PA

Don't forget.....all the contrails from airlines are actually chemicals being sprayed on us by our government!!!

When I am on midnights I usually tune in, some stuff I find interesting. Other stuff, I swear was created by people who escaped from the loony bin!
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote