GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 19:59   #1501
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
I keep forgetting, how many undefeated teams were there again?
I heard Kelly is going to the Philly Eagles and Urban is going to ND
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35   #1502
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,413


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
I keep forgetting, how many undefeated teams were there again?
None that mattered.
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21   #1503
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
Urban is a great coach and recruiter. Hoke at Michigan is pretty good also. Going to be some battles there.

Urban turned ND down once already for Florida. If the reports are to be believed because he did not feel ND was commited to winning football. He took the SEC by storm but in the end quit on his team not once but twice. Maybe he gets it done at OSU, everything is there for success.
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57   #1504
Hines57
Simple Member
 
Hines57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On the road
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
None that mattered.
Like any of it mattered
__________________
Sic Semper Tyrannis
In time, what's deserved always gets served
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02   #1505
BamaTrooper
Almost Done
 
BamaTrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: football heaven
Posts: 11,671
Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
Like any of it mattered
In the context of college football, and in response to your question, it mattered a great deal.

Matter as in an effect on quality of life for the vast majority of people? Not so much.
__________________
"Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can't learn." CNS
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:15   #1506
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post
Urban is a great coach and recruiter. Hoke at Michigan is pretty good also. Going to be some battles there.

Urban turned ND down once already for Florida. If the reports are to be believed because he did not feel ND was commited to winning football. He took the SEC by storm but in the end quit on his team not once but twice. Maybe he gets it done at OSU, everything is there for success.
There were rumors that Meyer turned down ND because his friends Lou Holtz and Bob Davie both told him he should go to Florida, that no could win at ND. Also his wife hated South Bend (can't blame her for that). ND was so convinced Meyer was coming that they had no back-up plan when Meyer flipped, so they ended up with that fat jerk Weis. The good thing to come of all that for ND is they did make a lot of beneficial changes in the way they run the football program which had helped immeasurably.

Meyer is or was too much of a high strung workaholic and perfectionist to last long anywhere. That showed at Florida for sure when he eventually burned out and let the inmates run the asylum. Hopefully for his own well-being he has changed his approach somewhat.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08   #1507
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
Can't see Urban leaving OSU at this time. Nothing is ever a sure thing, but OSU in the Championship game next year looks pretty stout. Biggest hurdle will be Mich.

Alabama schedule sets up pretty well, but aTm, LSU and SEC game are major obstacles. LSU has so many players leaving that it has to have an affect, but still look for them to be very good.

Can't see ND going undefeated again against Mich., Mich. St., Okla., USC and Stanford. That's pretty butal. If they do, then they deserve to be there.

Oregon will be in the running. Still waiting for Texas and Okla. to start being a factor again, a head scratcher there.
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22   #1508
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post

Still waiting for Texas and Okla. to start being a factor again, a head scratcher there.
Texas needs a coaching change and Oklahoma needs a defense. ND's year is probably 2014 and that assumes they can keep recruiting at a high level. Brian Kelly's interview with Philly has turned a lot of fans and some recruits against him but it didn't seem to hurt the Oregon Kelly.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44   #1509
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
University of Texas Football Program
2009
Total Revenue: $93,942,815
Total Profit: $68,830,484
Is $25MM net chump change? What do Bamas numbers look like?

I'm curios, what does alumni giving look like at Texas in 2010-2012 vs 2097-2009.

Where does liscensing merchandising and TV revenue get counted? Does it go into football numbers? I honestly don't know

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-11-2013 at 11:47..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46   #1510
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post
Can't see Urban leaving OSU at this time. Nothing is ever a sure thing, but OSU in the Championship game next year looks pretty stout. Biggest hurdle will be Mich.

Alabama schedule sets up pretty well, but aTm, LSU and SEC game are major obstacles. LSU has so many players leaving that it has to have an affect, but still look for them to be very good.

Can't see ND going undefeated again against Mich., Mich. St., Okla., USC and Stanford. That's pretty butal. If they do, then they deserve to be there.

Oregon will be in the running. Still waiting for Texas and Okla. to start being a factor again, a head scratcher there.
This isn't sour grapes but bama gets scheduling favoritism with the SEC with their permanents.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09   #1511
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
This isn't sour grapes but bama gets scheduling favoritism with the SEC with their permanents.
Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm too lazy to look it up, but the permanents are not scheduled, they are every year. Unless you are talking about where they fall on the schedule.

Alabama's is Tenn. and at the time this occured, Tenn was pretty dominant in the SEC and spanking Bama's butt regularly. Also, the teams, not the SEC, chose the cross divisional games that they wanted to play every year.

I was thinking each team only had one permanent, but I could be wrong about that too.
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:20   #1512
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Oops
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Is $25MM net chump change? What do Bamas numbers look like?

I'm curios, what does alumni giving look like at Texas in 2010-2012 vs 2097-2009.

Where does liscensing merchandising and TV revenue get counted? Does it go into football numbers? I honestly don't know
Texas football netted profit of $68.8MM, not $25MM. The $25MM was their expenses with total revenue of $93.9MM.

Alabama's numbers were $71.9MM revenue and $40.8MM profit. LSU had $68.8MM revenue and $43.2MM profit

ND wasn't in the top 10

The numbers came from the Dept of Education but I have no idea what all went into them as far as merchandising, alumni contributions, etc.

Last edited by czsmithGT; 01-11-2013 at 12:41.. Reason: Oops- Bama's profit was $40.8MM, not $43.2MM
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25   #1513
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm too lazy to look it up, but the permanents are not scheduled, they are every year. Unless you are talking about where they fall on the schedule.

Alabama's is Tenn. and at the time this occured, Tenn was pretty dominant in the SEC and spanking Bama's butt regularly. Also, the teams, not the SEC, chose the cross divisional games that they wanted to play every year.

I was thinking each team only had one permanent, but I could be wrong about that too.
Some of this has a little sour grapes but it explains it

http://theadvocate.com/sports/474125...u-should-leave
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26   #1514
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Texas football netted profit of $68.8MM, not $25MM. The $25MM was their expenses with total revenue of $93.9MM.

Alabama's numbers were $71.9MM revenue and $43,2MM profit. LSU had $68.8MM revenue and $43.2MM profit

ND wasn't in the top 10
Doh. Sorry. I'm dumb AND dyslexic
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46   #1515
airmotive
Tin Kicker
 
airmotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Debris Field
Posts: 6,996
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Oops

Texas football netted profit of $68.8MM, not $25MM. The $25MM was their expenses with total revenue of $93.9MM.

Alabama's numbers were $71.9MM revenue and $40.8MM profit. LSU had $68.8MM revenue and $43.2MM profit

ND wasn't in the top 10
ND doesn't have it's own TV network (unless you count NBC).
This is where the mega-conferences are going and where the $$ is coming from. (not for the better, IMHO)

UTex has it's very own TV network. The other schools are in conferences with their own TV networks.

Man...if Kelly walks out on ND the same way he walked out on Cincy, his reputation is pretty much sealed. He had better be a resounding success as an NFL coach, because there will be no bridges behind him to retreat across.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Last edited by airmotive; 01-11-2013 at 12:49..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48   #1516
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
ND doesn't have it's own TV network (unless you count NBC).
This is where the mega-conferences are going and where the $$ is coming from. (not for the better, IMHO)
The TV money is insane. Seems like they have reached a saturation point with the number of games on TV.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 14:26   #1517
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Some of this has a little sour grapes but it explains it

http://theadvocate.com/sports/474125...u-should-leave
Believe it or not, bama fans do the same *****ing about the SEC office. LSU having off week before Al. A couple of years ago, 5 teams had off week before Bama. Bama should leave the SEC.

LSU nor Bama is leaving the SEC and I agree it's little more than sour grapes when either fans promote it. No way does Texas allow a power house team like LSU in. They have eliminated a championship game so they don't have to play Ok. twice to make the title game. And no way would LSU put up with the crap that the rest of that confrence has to take from Texas. aTm and Mizzou finally got enough of it.

As far as having Fl. as a permanent, well you have my sympathy there, glad Bama don't.
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 15:05   #1518
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post
Believe it or not, bama fans do the same *****ing about the SEC office. LSU having off week before Al. A couple of years ago, 5 teams had off week before Bama. Bama should leave the SEC.

LSU nor Bama is leaving the SEC and I agree it's little more than sour grapes when either fans promote it. No way does Texas allow a power house team like LSU in. They have eliminated a championship game so they don't have to play Ok. twice to make the title game. And no way would LSU put up with the crap that the rest of that confrence has to take from Texas. aTm and Mizzou finally got enough of it.

As far as having Fl. as a permanent, well you have my sympathy there, glad Bama don't.
Well I wasn't trying to start a debate about all that I was just in the Home Depot parking lot and it was easier to throw up the link lol
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43   #1519
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,413


The Okie Corral
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53   #1520
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
The Okie Corral
Of course! Oh so true!!



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10   #1521
IceAxe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 600
The Okie Corral
IceAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13   #1522
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Full nude exposure. My favorite.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19   #1523
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,281
Can't believe the Big Giant Head is allowing this Porn on here!!




red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20   #1524
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
she's hot
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:26   #1525
Hines57
Simple Member
 
Hines57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On the road
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
The Okie Corral
Wow, his sister is cute! How did he keep his uncle away from that?



.
__________________
Sic Semper Tyrannis
In time, what's deserved always gets served
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

Last edited by Hines57; 01-18-2013 at 09:26..
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 712
179 Members
533 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42