GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31   #1401
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Ryan Leaf was a top 10 draft pick
You're probably right. Mingo will flop. A genetic freak with a football instinct you can't teach.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 17:51   #1402
HauntedAlabama
Senior Member
 
HauntedAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 582
Watched Mingo play through his college career, he won't be a flop in the NFL. Roll Tide
HauntedAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04   #1403
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
6 LSU players have so far declared themselves eligible for the NFL draft with more expected.

Barkevious Mingo
Brad Wing
Kevin Minter
Eric Reid
Tharold Simon
Spencer Ware

Sam Montgomery, Michael Ford and Bennie Logan are also expected to declare.

Ouch.
That is some talent leaving....but their recruiting will fill those holes. Miles is not a bad recruiter.



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12   #1404
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
That is some talent leaving....but their recruiting will fill those holes. Miles is not a bad recruiter.



red
I think we're going to have a rebuilding year in 2013 after this. No title hunt next year.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:31   #1405
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I think we're going to have a rebuilding year in 2013 after this. No title hunt next year.
Isn't it funny how it may be a rebuilding year (I'm not so sure it is a rebuilding year, there is still a lot of depth there) but how many schools would take a LSU 'rebuilding year' as their peak year.



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15   #1406
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
Isn't it funny how it may be a rebuilding year (I'm not so sure it is a rebuilding year, there is still a lot of depth there) but how many schools would take a LSU 'rebuilding year' as their peak year.



red
Well, losing a pile of seniors is one thing but these are early departures. I have to think that causes a wrinkle

This is top level stuff and I'm sure Miles and his peers at other top programs manage this pipeline very seriously as part of the business. No doubt some of these were anticipated but I have to think the number is getting a little out of hand.

We'll see. LSU lost Mathieu somewhat unexpectedly and had to shuffle bodies early due to injuries and whatnot this year and still managed a good but somewhat disappointing season.

And if history is any guide some of these idiots will get themselves in trouble between now and next September.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30   #1407
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Well, losing a pile of seniors is one thing but these are early departures. I have to think that causes a wrinkle

This is top level stuff and I'm sure Miles and his peers at other top programs manage this pipeline very seriously as part of the business. No doubt some of these were anticipated but I have to think the number is getting a little out of hand.

We'll see. LSU lost Mathieu somewhat unexpectedly and had to shuffle bodies early due to injuries and whatnot this year and still managed a good but somewhat disappointing season.

And if history is any guide some of these idiots will get themselves in trouble between now and next September.
I know what you mean.....I actually thought this year was going to be a rebuilding year with the Tide, especially on defense...we lost several key players and some depth. But the back ups stepped up.

IIRC, we are not losing that much this year. If my preliminary research was correct, the Tide will loose several key players and seniors at the end of the 2013 season (Quarterback is one of the big ones.).



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 01-07-2013 at 08:31..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04   #1408
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
I know what you mean.....I actually thought this year was going to be a rebuilding year with the Tide, especially on defense...we lost several key players and some depth. But the back ups stepped up.

IIRC, we are not losing that much this year. If my preliminary research was correct, the Tide will loose several key players and seniors at the end of the 2013 season (Quarterback is one of the big ones.).



red
Yeah, its funny. Going into the 2011 season the buzz on the tigers was that they would be a good team but 2012 was supposed to be the year they raised the crystal again. 2011 was obviously a very young team and arguably on of the top 3 toughest schedules in the country, yet they ran the table. This year they were supposed to dominate and we thought Bama was going to be in more of a rebuilding year. Strange how things shake out.

Saban and the Tide are due for a downish year but I'm not banking on it. He's the best in the business and arguably the hardest working guy in the game. His stable is full.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55   #1409
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Yeah, its funny. Going into the 2011 season the buzz on the tigers was that they would be a good team but 2012 was supposed to be the year they raised the crystal again. 2011 was obviously a very young team and arguably on of the top 3 toughest schedules in the country, yet they ran the table. This year they were supposed to dominate and we thought Bama was going to be in more of a rebuilding year. Strange how things shake out.

Saban and the Tide are due for a downish year but I'm not banking on it. He's the best in the business and arguably the hardest working guy in the game. His stable is full.
Every school cycles through one of those downturns....hopefully LSU not Bama have a long downturn. I don't see the Tigers having much of a downturn next year.

Like I said above, unless something changes, the 2014 season could be rough for the Tide....new quarterback, several offensive/defensive players graduating etc. I'm by no means predicting the Tide will run the tables next year (I'm hopeful, but realistic too) but 2013 looks to have better chances than 2014, for us.

So my caveat is, anything can happen!!



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 01-07-2013 at 09:56..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:29   #1410
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Game ON!!
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:34   #1411
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Fox gonna need to go to confession for that facemask
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:37   #1412
DairyFresh
Senior Member
 
DairyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: On the Chattahoochee....
Posts: 296
Notre Dame defense is definitely playing on a different level.
__________________
The road to hell is paved with good intentions
DairyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:40   #1413
Bow Commander
Senior Member
 
Bow Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 992
Never thought I'd say this but.... ROLL TIDE!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
if you don't spend $3500 on a one-off custom made 1911 that was made on machines lubricated with the blood of poor people, it's a piece of garbage, and will inevitably cost you your life.
Bow Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:41   #1414
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


I think its gonna be a long night for the Irish.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:56   #1415
zukyota
Senior Member
 
zukyota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 552
Roll Tide !
zukyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:59   #1416
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


The officiating certainly is interesting so far.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:00   #1417
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,818
Sorry CZ...those shiny gold helmets are going to get dinged up bad tonight.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:00   #1418
snewsoG22
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
snewsoG22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: show me state
Posts: 1,399
Well this games over. Thanks refs!
__________________
I just don't know how to express myself sometimes when I need to be properly different...
snewsoG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:01   #1419
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,411


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The officiating certainly is interesting so far.
Out of bounds/bobbled catch - -eh- you could argue either way.
Interfering with kick reception - good call
Fumble after catch - needs overturned, he was down.
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:17   #1420
selogic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The deep South
Posts: 265
I know there's a lot of football left to play , but ND better wake up before it gets too far out of reach .
selogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:18   #1421
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Well, one thing is glaringly obvious again.....we need to leave the national championship game for two SEC teams to play.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:20   #1422
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,411


I'll believe it after the 3d quarter and we see if AL takes the quarter off.
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:32   #1423
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Yeah, I think its pretty apparent that Notre Dame hasn't seen anything remotely like a top SEC team this year.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:40   #1424
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Yeah, I think its pretty apparent that Notre Dame hasn't seen anything remotely like a top SEC team this year.
ND is getting abused. Hey, at least I don't need to stay up late to know the outcome.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:49   #1425
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,683


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
ND is getting abused. Hey, at least I don't need to stay up late to know the outcome.
The BCS needs to quit doing this to non-SEC teams. It must be humiliating. These are kids with their friends and family watching. Its cruel and unsportsmanlike.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-07-2013 at 19:49..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,028
345 Members
683 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42