GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:26   #51
ThinkMud

I do agree that if you will only carry little 380, then do it! better to have something than nothing!

It took me forever to get my wife to carry, but now she carries daily with a Smith Bodyguard .380. I couldn't be more happy. I'd rather her carry .22lr than just her Twitch pocket knife

-Semper Fi
ThinkMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37   #52
Bilrus61

I choose a .380 not to kill attackers but to stop them from killing me. I think it will do that just fine. Call me a wuss but I would rather have a attacker sueing me in court for what little I have than to have to think about him dead and if I could have, should have,or wished I had done something different. Now to defend my home/family I have .357/.40/9mm......to defend myself "out there" I just want him to go away........bleeding or not.
Bilrus61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55   #53
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Wow. You may be the first to say that in the history of mouseguns.

I guess I am just that good!

In single action - slow deliberate shots - my J frame with a 5" barrel is more accurate than the P-3AT.

But point and quickly shoot multiple shots at 10 feet or less - the P-3AT is more accurate than the J frame in double action.

Last edited by Z71bill; 11-30-2012 at 11:58..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57   #54
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
If I'm too far away from a bad guy for me to get 5 of 7 COM hits with my LCP, then I'm far enough away to beat feet and escape!

I don't carry to hunt bad guys. I carry to discourage bad guys from keeping up with me while I run away screaming like a 4 year old girl.
Better run screaming like a 7 year old girl. They are a LOT faster than the 4 year old. You will be a lot less likely to be caught and they still have that really piercing, annoying scream like a 4 year old girl that would deter you being followed.

racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09   #55
G26S239
NRA Patron

[quote=racerford;19684777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Okay Alice, I'll bite. Because the LCP size guns are a hell of a lot smaller than the small 9mms and with several hundred rounds my LCP is tested reliable. Your disapproval is noted.

Yes but compare it against the Rohrbaugh 9MM. I used to carry a Seecamp .32 when it was not convenient to carry a Glock 29. The 29 is just as easy to carry as Model 26 (sub-compact 9mm, easier to shoot that the Model 33 (sub-compact .357SIG) and no body bag is needed, only a wetvac.

When the Rohrbaugh became available I haven't carried the Seecamp since. The Rohrbaugh is slightly larger and much more potent. It's main drawback (besides cost) is frequent recoil spring replacement. The springs are cheap so not a big deal to me.
I just looked it up on the mouse gun board. The LCP is still smaller - not much in length - in width and height and weight. But I agree the 9mm is a much better round. I recently got a Beretta Nano that is slightly longer, taller and wider than my MK9 and weighs 19.8 ounces on my postal scale to goes in .2 ounce increments. The spring replacement schedule on your Rorbaugh sounds like a reasonable trade off for the reduced size and weight. Off hand can you tell me what the slide weight is on the Rorbaugh?.

I have a Seecamp LWS32 as well but put it up before I got the LCP because I could not get comfortable with the 60 grain ST out of a 2" barrel. Nice little gun though.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48   #56
4 glocks

I have a G19, G26, Kahr CM9, J frame, and LCP.
Nothing carries like an LCP.

I am 54 and only pulled a gun on someone once in my life for SD. In the 1980's I was driving a cab as a part time job.
At 2 am I was sitting in a 7-11 parking lot. A guy pulled in to the lot, we were the only ones in the lot. The guy for no reason, (I never said a word to him) was telling me he was going to drag me out of the cab, kill me and rip my head off and ***** down my neck ect. ect. He was walking up to my door. I pulled a 2 shot 38 spl. Derringer out and he stopped in his tracks, eyes got the size of silver dollars, and started walking backwards. That 2 shot Derringer ended the attack.
I am glad it ended like it did, I did not want to have to shoot him.

The LCP should do just fine in a SD situation.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55   #57
racerford

[quote=G26S239;19685352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
...... Off hand can you tell me what the slide weight is on the Rorbaugh?.

OK, It took mine down, and weighed it on a Postage.com electric scale and it weighed 4.9 ounces.

It was tricker to reassemble than I remember. But I figured out again, it was not hard.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:11   #58
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
If I'm too far away from a bad guy for me to get 5 of 7 COM hits with my LCP, then I'm far enough away to beat feet and escape!

I don't carry to hunt bad guys. I carry to discourage bad guys from keeping up with me while I run away screaming like a 4 year old girl.
Yep. I usually carry my G23, but have no worries about occasionally carrying my P3AT.

First, the odds of my ever needing to use either one are extremely low. Second, if I do use one of them, it will likely be me sending multiple rounds downrange at very close distance until the perp falls down or runs away. I consider long-range engagements or one-shot stops as very, very low-probability scenarios.

Mostly, anything that goes bang and throws a few little rocks will serve my purpose to discourage the bad guy from continuing with his present course of action.

Last edited by F14Scott; 11-30-2012 at 17:29..
F14Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:18   #59
phil evans

saami does not recognize +P in .380.
i've carried kel-tec p3at, ruger lcp, kahr380, S&W bodyguard, diamondback 380.
still retain S&W, Kel-tec, LCP.
mouse guns are on the cutting edge of technology.
for HD now have 9mm - g26gen4 & beretta nano.

Last edited by phil evans; 12-01-2012 at 10:07..
phil evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 14:39   #60
G26S239
NRA Patron

[quote=racerford;19685471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post

OK, It took mine down, and weighed it on a Postage.com electric scale and it weighed 4.9 ounces.

It was tricker to reassemble than I remember. But I figured out again, it was not hard.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 17:24   #61
deputy tom

For times I can't afford to be found out carrying I use a P32 in an UM pocket holster. Other times when less concerned I'll carry a J-frame or CM9 in a pocket holster. When I can wear a covering garment I'll wear a G17 or XD45 on a belt holster. Hardly ever carry a 1911 anymore but back in the days it was more often than not. YMMV. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cẹl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 17:33   #62
tous
GET A ROPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
For times I can't afford to be found out carrying I use a P32 in an UM pocket holster. Other times when less concerned I'll carry a J-frame or CM9 in a pocket holster. When I can wear a covering garment I'll wear a G17 or XD45 on a belt holster. Hardly ever carry a 1911 anymore but back in the days it was more often than not. YMMV. tom.
What pistol accessorizes the kilt?

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 17:40   #63
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
What pistol accessorizes the kilt?
Seecamp 32 in the sporran just for formal occaissions.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cẹl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:23   #64
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Do you know the first rule of a gunfight? Bring a gun.

I know plenty of macho types who turn their nose up at mouse guns, who simply do not carry in circumstances where their bigger, heavier weapon is impractical or impossible to carry.

I can clip my P3AT into the waistband of a pair of jogging shorts or sweatpants and never even notice that it is there. Show me a nine you can do that with. I tell people that my P3AT is what I carry when I can't carry a gun. I would much rather have that in my hand than my Johnson, if trouble finds me though.

I usually carry a 5" Kimber CDP, but I am not always dressed in a way where I can carry it. I am always carrying something though. Eric
I have the S&W Bodyguard 380 in a Pocketroo holster and .75oz pepper spray. It all fits comfortably in the front pocket of my jeans - easily accessible. I use Federal Hydrashocks.

Would I rather have my Glock 26 or Kimber CDP II? Sure but the weight and size just doesn't make them my choice.
Old 11-30-2012, 20:58   #65
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
I guess I am just that good!

In single action - slow deliberate shots - my J frame with a 5" barrel is more accurate than the P-3AT.

But point and quickly shoot multiple shots at 10 feet or less - the P-3AT is more accurate than the J frame in double action.
Yeah, I'd agree that I'm more accurate at 10 yards or less quick shooting my LCP than I am in similar shooting with my 642.

And my wife is more accurate with the LCP over her 637 like that too. I suggested that very test.

But in slow fire at 25 yards? Both the 642 and 637 kick the LCP's butt.

Sure, plenty of user error is involved in these comparisons, but that is real life.

Just not sure why Foxterriermom isn't accurate with her 380 from inside a barn
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 21:21   #66
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilrus61 View Post
I choose a .380 not to kill attackers but to stop them from killing me. I think it will do that just fine. Call me a wuss but I would rather have a attacker sueing me in court for what little I have than to have to think about him dead and if I could have, should have,or wished I had done something different. Now to defend my home/family I have .357/.40/9mm......to defend myself "out there" I just want him to go away........bleeding or not.
Really? I would say you are in the minority then.
Old 11-30-2012, 22:31   #67
Caver 60

I said it this summer and I'll say it again. I want a flat nose solid jacketed bullet in a 380. Plus P or not, is fine if you want that feature. But expanding bullets in a 380 are a joke, IMO. This is based on shooting lots of animals ranging from small four legged varmints to large, already dead, animals to observe bullet performance.

I want penetration, but a round nose bullet (while it has more penetration) doesn't give much tissue destruction. A round nose in a small animal doesn't make much of an exit hole. A flat nose makes a noticeably bigger exit hole. And if a 380 expands to any significant degree, it's not going to penetrate as deeply. Not very scientific I know.

I'm much more worried about misses than over-penetration in a 380 (and I think I'm a pretty good shot since I can hit moving varmints with my P3AT). I think the flat nose bullet is the best ticket for a 380.

For all of my other carry calibers, I want the best expanding bullet I can buy.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 22:54   #68
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Horandy Critical Defense .380.

90gr at 950 FPS. 11" penetration and .436" average expansion through 4 layers of denim into ballistic gel.

Old 11-30-2012, 23:27   #69
50 Cent

Be certain - get a Mak
Old 12-01-2012, 00:16   #70
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
........... I would much rather have that in my hand than my Johnson, if trouble finds me though.

Guess it depends who you call trouble....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 00:22   #71
Trapped_in_Kali

Nice.
Didn't you know that "The Modern 9MM Round" will go through 62" of armor plate and take out at least 92 bad guys with every shot (even around corners)? Will the 380 do that?

If Kali believed in The Constitution and allowed CCW I might look at that set up (but would probably go for a G29.
Trapped_in_Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34   #72
Merkavaboy
Code-7A KUZ769

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfect 10 View Post
OK I'm a G20 10 mm lover Best pistol ever made... I bought an LCP never thought I would but was wanting a small pocket pistol for those time not carrying my G20.. The Ruger LCP loaded 7 rounds Underwood +P 1150fps new hP would not be something I would want to be hit with.

LOOK out 9mm... The LCP 380+P is knocking once on your door and walking in.

Any other 380+ P lovers chim in on your experiences

Great little pistol with a punch
There's no such thing as .380 Auto +P.

With that being said, what I want to know is when you blow up your gun AND your hand and become crippled for life, who you gonna blame?

1) The gun manufacturer for not making a strong enough blow-back operated pistol to withstand non-standard high-pressured ammo?

2) The ammo manufacturer who made and marketed the non-standard high-pressured ammo?

3) Yourself for buying said ammo that was clearly marketed and duly noted as being non-standard high-pressured ammo?

But, hey, each to their own. You might want to get some accidental death and dismemberment insurance, just in case though.

Last edited by Merkavaboy; 12-01-2012 at 02:36..
Merkavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06   #73
Baba Louie

Quote:
There's no such thing as .380 Auto +P.
Some might disagree.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/550...oint-box-of-20
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55   #74
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post
"Tough quality control standards along with tight manufacturing tolerances on most products in accordance with SAAMI, CIP, NATO, or US Mil. technical specifications ensure reliability, consistency, and safety.."

What about the others?

Last edited by Z71bill; 12-01-2012 at 07:56..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote