SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 16:57   #101
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

I think this whole thread falls under the "you can only reason with reasonable people" deal. Nothing about this thread has changed my opinion of the guy in the video. I do find it interesting that he seems to think that because we in general think he's a chode, that we are bad cops / don't recognize that there are some bad cops/ support bad coppage in general. I also sense a bit of entitlement because he was a military vet - because no cops here or anywhere else served or anthing. A little bit of a logic fail there. It's still funny to what lengths he will go just to start trouble. I bet his little project was expensive.

I'm not sure if I can call him a dumb-ass now that he's a member, so I won't.
Old 07-31-2012, 16:57   #102
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
I don't know why I get the feeling that you carry a concealed firearm without a License in a state where it is required...
Don't trust those feelings, they're often off.
Old 07-31-2012, 16:58   #103
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

One question and one comment:

Question: Do you know by heart all the laws and ordinances of your state? If not, how can you determine if a stop is unlawful?

Comment: Let me tell you that the level of armoring in your vehicle is no match for bullets fired from high powered rifles fired by police officers defending themselves when assaulted by you thinking that you are defending yourself from unlawful arrests. And I know about bullets vs armor.
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
Old 07-31-2012, 16:58   #104
11A

You keep saying that what we are telling you is illegal, but what we are giving you is the law. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it illegal. Also, using extremes ( a police officer taking a female into the woods to "examine") is getting old. We give you our answer based on applicable law and then you throw out examples tha are clearly outside of othe discussion and blatantly illegal.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:01   #105
lpo
what?!?!?!?!?

Send a message via Yahoo to lpo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11A View Post
You keep saying that what we are telling you is illegal, but what we are giving you is the law. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it illegal. Also, using extremes ( a police officer taking a female into the woods to "examine") is getting old. We give you our answer based on applicable law and then you throw out examples tha are clearly outside of othe discussion and blatantly illegal.
That's why I asked if his Wife new what he was espousing. Surely a Lawyer would take a step back and say, "wait....what?!"

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 07-31-2012, 17:02   #106
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPA-Rick View Post
This is a great question. I don't have time to give my opinion right now, but I will. Thanks for bringing it up.
What does the Constitution say on this matter?

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 07-31-2012, 17:04   #107
Nanuk

How many people are in your organization? You never responded last time you were asked.

You like to bait cops and love the attention. It sounds as if you have more money than common sense. If I stopped you on a traffic stop,you can be assured its a legal stop. If you pull up to a BP checkpoint, it is a legal stop.

At least you are smart and used Spectra for your armor, since it breaks down in heat and humidity and there is none of that near a black car in Texas.

You obviously have a problem with authority and my guess is your time as an army cook did not go well for you.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:05   #108
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
I think this whole thread falls under the "you can only reason with reasonable people" deal. Nothing about this thread has changed my opinion of the guy in the video.
All those facts and statements are so pointless. I hear ya.

Quote:
I do find it interesting that he seems to think that because we in general think he's a chode, that we are bad cops / don't recognize that there are some bad cops/ support bad coppage in general.
Seems to think? I posted her in response to cops saying they'd like to arrest me, tow my car, and stating that I was going to be the next movie theater shooting spree nut, simply because they saw a video where I demo'd technologies to protect yourself against those cops who do break the law.

I couldn't care less if you think I'm a chode or not.

Quote:
I also sense a bit of entitlement because he was a military vet - because no cops here or anywhere else served or anthing. A little bit of a logic fail there.
The Miss Cleo with this one is strong. He can sense what I think, and his crystal ball tells him how I feel. Convenient, since no evidence is required.

Quote:
It's still funny to what lengths he will go just to start trouble. I bet his little project was expensive.

I'm not sure if I can call him a dumb-ass now that he's a member, so I won't.
Great.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:06   #109
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
One question and one comment:

Question: Do you know by heart all the laws and ordinances of your state? If not, how can you determine if a stop is unlawful?
Nope. Guess I'll have to make decisions based on what I know, and what I can prove, and give the cop the benefit of the doubt when I don't know, and can't prove.

But of course I hope any interactions I have with LEO are run of the mill lawful interactions.

Quote:
Comment: Let me tell you that the level of armoring in your vehicle is no match for bullets fired from high powered rifles fired by police officers defending themselves when assaulted by you thinking that you are defending yourself from unlawful arrests. And I know about bullets vs armor.
Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:07   #110
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11A View Post
Oh, I see. Got an example of what you have told me, that I have disagreed with, that you have backed up with the law?
Old 07-31-2012, 17:09   #111
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpo View Post
That's why I asked if his Wife new what he was espousing. Surely a Lawyer would take a step back and say, "wait....what?!"

Interesting point. Maybe you're wrong? Or maybe she doesn't agree with me? Or maybe she's just not a very good lawyer?

Man, who knows.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:10   #112
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Rick, I'm going to put it in simple terms. The place to argue the legality of an arrest is in court, NOT on the side of the road. If you resist on the side of the road, you'll just add charges that WILL stick, regardless of how illegal you feel the arrest was. Just some friendly advice.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:12   #113
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
How many people are in your organization? You never responded last time you were asked.
Good observation. Irrelevant to the topic.

Quote:
You like to bait cops and love the attention.
Is there a seance going on in here? So many Miss Cleos that can divine intentions and actions. Do I need to be paying a 900 number charge?

Quote:
It sounds as if you have more money than common sense. If I stopped you on a traffic stop,you can be assured its a legal stop. If you pull up to a BP checkpoint, it is a legal stop.
Good to hear that if you pull me over, it will be lawfully. Agreed, a checkpoint "stop" is also lawful as the SCOTUS has made clear, though they recognized that normally that would be a violation of the 4th Amendment, because the stop does not require any reasonable suspicion for any crime....but they allowed it, and gave it strict operating limitations to keep it within the lines of the Fourth.

Quote:
At least you are smart and used Spectra for your armor, since it breaks down in heat and humidity and there is none of that near a black car in Texas.

You obviously have a problem with authority and my guess is your time as an army cook did not go well for you.
Cute. More Miss Cleo. Or are you the chick with the third nipple from Mall Rats? I guess it doesn't matter...
Old 07-31-2012, 17:15   #114
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

Uh - that quote a few posts back at the bottom of #109 - I don't recall ever saying that. Where did you come up with that?

Anyway - why are we feeding this troll anyway? He didn't come to glock talk to talk about glocks. He came here to start **** with cops on this forum. I'm losing the precious few IQ points I have trying to follow his selve-serving, paranoid "reasoning."

Last edited by SPDSNYPR; 07-31-2012 at 17:18..
Old 07-31-2012, 17:15   #115
VAPA-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Rick, I'm going to put it in simple terms. The place to argue the legality of an arrest is in court, NOT on the side of the road. If you resist on the side of the road, you'll just add charges that WILL stick, regardless of how illegal you feel the arrest was. Just some friendly advice.
I see, so if a cop unlawfully pulls me over, says, "I pulled you over because I'm going to handcuff and arrest you, and then anally rape you, get out of the vehicle..." and you resist arrest, those charges will stick.

Thanks for the advice. It was worth every penny.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:17   #116
lpo
what?!?!?!?!?

Send a message via Yahoo to lpo
Quote:
Interesting point. Maybe you're wrong? Or maybe she doesn't agree with me? Or maybe she's just not a very good lawyer?

Man, who knows.
Hey, I've been wrong once before. I can handle. I was genuinly wondering. Believe it or not, I am seriously concerned.

Old 07-31-2012, 17:18   #117
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
I see, so if a cop unlawfully pulls me over, says, "I pulled you over because I'm going to handcuff and arrest you, and then anally rape you, get out of the vehicle..." and you resist arrest, those charges will stick.

Thanks for the advice. It was worth every penny.
Where the hell do you get that this happens? Do you really expect that, or are you just playing to get a reaction?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-31-2012, 17:18   #118
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Quote:
Nope. Guess I'll have to make decisions based on what I know, and what I can prove, and give the cop the benefit of the doubt when I don't know, and can't prove.

But of course I hope any interactions I have with LEO are run of the mill lawful interactions.

Thanks.
Man, let me tell you, you just threw away thousands of dollars in your impenetrable fortress.

Many cops here can get you out of the car in 3 minutes or less with laws and ordinances that you've faulted and ignore, without you thinking you're being unlawfully detained and while playing the "MEOW" game with their partner. I can guarantee you that right meow.
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by PuroMexicano; 07-31-2012 at 17:19..
Old 07-31-2012, 17:22   #119
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Quote:
Uh - that quote a few posts back at the bottom of #109 - I don't recall ever saying that. Where did you come up with that?

Anyway - why are we feeding this troll anyway? He didn't come to glock talk to talk about glocks. He came here to start **** with cops on this forum. I'm losing the precious few IQ points I have trying to follow his selve-serving, paranoid "reasoning."
He quoted my post with your nick, dunno what happened.

Man, have fun, we all are!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 17:24   #120
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

PLEASE READ THIS VAPA

You're clearly in violation of this, so could you please do everyone a favor and just piss off. Go polish your psycho-wagon and just leave us alone. You're not intersted in hearing opinions or learning anything. Go make your fortune while you still know everything. But do it away from here. You've worn out your novelty.

Closed Thread