GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 16:57   #101
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.
 
SPDSNYPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 6,938
I think this whole thread falls under the "you can only reason with reasonable people" deal. Nothing about this thread has changed my opinion of the guy in the video. I do find it interesting that he seems to think that because we in general think he's a chode, that we are bad cops / don't recognize that there are some bad cops/ support bad coppage in general. I also sense a bit of entitlement because he was a military vet - because no cops here or anywhere else served or anthing. A little bit of a logic fail there. It's still funny to what lengths he will go just to start trouble. I bet his little project was expensive.

I'm not sure if I can call him a dumb-ass now that he's a member, so I won't.
__________________
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only matched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite
SPDSNYPR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 16:57   #102
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
I don't know why I get the feeling that you carry a concealed firearm without a License in a state where it is required...
Don't trust those feelings, they're often off.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 16:58   #103
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!
 
PuroMexicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 4,627
One question and one comment:

Question: Do you know by heart all the laws and ordinances of your state? If not, how can you determine if a stop is unlawful?

Comment: Let me tell you that the level of armoring in your vehicle is no match for bullets fired from high powered rifles fired by police officers defending themselves when assaulted by you thinking that you are defending yourself from unlawful arrests. And I know about bullets vs armor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano
I DO NOT condone illegal immigration, I've said it time and time again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioKid View Post
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 16:58   #104
11A
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 212
You keep saying that what we are telling you is illegal, but what we are giving you is the law. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it illegal. Also, using extremes ( a police officer taking a female into the woods to "examine") is getting old. We give you our answer based on applicable law and then you throw out examples tha are clearly outside of othe discussion and blatantly illegal.
11A is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:01   #105
lpo
what?!?!?!?!?
 
lpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: mississippi
Posts: 1,338
Send a message via Yahoo to lpo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11A View Post
You keep saying that what we are telling you is illegal, but what we are giving you is the law. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it illegal. Also, using extremes ( a police officer taking a female into the woods to "examine") is getting old. We give you our answer based on applicable law and then you throw out examples tha are clearly outside of othe discussion and blatantly illegal.
That's why I asked if his Wife new what he was espousing. Surely a Lawyer would take a step back and say, "wait....what?!"

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
"Stupid hurts" -- USMCsilver
lpo is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:02   #106
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,561
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPA-Rick View Post
This is a great question. I don't have time to give my opinion right now, but I will. Thanks for bringing it up.
What does the Constitution say on this matter?

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:04   #107
Nanuk
Senior Member
 
Nanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 252
How many people are in your organization? You never responded last time you were asked.

You like to bait cops and love the attention. It sounds as if you have more money than common sense. If I stopped you on a traffic stop,you can be assured its a legal stop. If you pull up to a BP checkpoint, it is a legal stop.

At least you are smart and used Spectra for your armor, since it breaks down in heat and humidity and there is none of that near a black car in Texas.

You obviously have a problem with authority and my guess is your time as an army cook did not go well for you.
Nanuk is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:05   #108
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
I think this whole thread falls under the "you can only reason with reasonable people" deal. Nothing about this thread has changed my opinion of the guy in the video.
All those facts and statements are so pointless. I hear ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
I do find it interesting that he seems to think that because we in general think he's a chode, that we are bad cops / don't recognize that there are some bad cops/ support bad coppage in general.
Seems to think? I posted her in response to cops saying they'd like to arrest me, tow my car, and stating that I was going to be the next movie theater shooting spree nut, simply because they saw a video where I demo'd technologies to protect yourself against those cops who do break the law.

I couldn't care less if you think I'm a chode or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
I also sense a bit of entitlement because he was a military vet - because no cops here or anywhere else served or anthing. A little bit of a logic fail there.
The Miss Cleo with this one is strong. He can sense what I think, and his crystal ball tells him how I feel. Convenient, since no evidence is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
It's still funny to what lengths he will go just to start trouble. I bet his little project was expensive.

I'm not sure if I can call him a dumb-ass now that he's a member, so I won't.
Great.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:06   #109
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
One question and one comment:

Question: Do you know by heart all the laws and ordinances of your state? If not, how can you determine if a stop is unlawful?
Nope. Guess I'll have to make decisions based on what I know, and what I can prove, and give the cop the benefit of the doubt when I don't know, and can't prove.

But of course I hope any interactions I have with LEO are run of the mill lawful interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Comment: Let me tell you that the level of armoring in your vehicle is no match for bullets fired from high powered rifles fired by police officers defending themselves when assaulted by you thinking that you are defending yourself from unlawful arrests. And I know about bullets vs armor.
Thanks.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:07   #110
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11A View Post
You keep saying that what we are telling you is illegal, but what we are giving you is the law. Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it illegal. Also, using extremes ( a police officer taking a female into the woods to "examine") is getting old. We give you our answer based on applicable law and then you throw out examples tha are clearly outside of othe discussion and blatantly illegal.
Oh, I see. Got an example of what you have told me, that I have disagreed with, that you have backed up with the law?
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:09   #111
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpo View Post
That's why I asked if his Wife new what he was espousing. Surely a Lawyer would take a step back and say, "wait....what?!"

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Interesting point. Maybe you're wrong? Or maybe she doesn't agree with me? Or maybe she's just not a very good lawyer?

Man, who knows.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:10   #112
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,448
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Rick, I'm going to put it in simple terms. The place to argue the legality of an arrest is in court, NOT on the side of the road. If you resist on the side of the road, you'll just add charges that WILL stick, regardless of how illegal you feel the arrest was. Just some friendly advice.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:12   #113
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
How many people are in your organization? You never responded last time you were asked.
Good observation. Irrelevant to the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
You like to bait cops and love the attention.
Is there a seance going on in here? So many Miss Cleos that can divine intentions and actions. Do I need to be paying a 900 number charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
It sounds as if you have more money than common sense. If I stopped you on a traffic stop,you can be assured its a legal stop. If you pull up to a BP checkpoint, it is a legal stop.
Good to hear that if you pull me over, it will be lawfully. Agreed, a checkpoint "stop" is also lawful as the SCOTUS has made clear, though they recognized that normally that would be a violation of the 4th Amendment, because the stop does not require any reasonable suspicion for any crime....but they allowed it, and gave it strict operating limitations to keep it within the lines of the Fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
At least you are smart and used Spectra for your armor, since it breaks down in heat and humidity and there is none of that near a black car in Texas.

You obviously have a problem with authority and my guess is your time as an army cook did not go well for you.
Cute. More Miss Cleo. Or are you the chick with the third nipple from Mall Rats? I guess it doesn't matter...
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:15   #114
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.
 
SPDSNYPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 6,938
Uh - that quote a few posts back at the bottom of #109 - I don't recall ever saying that. Where did you come up with that?

Anyway - why are we feeding this troll anyway? He didn't come to glock talk to talk about glocks. He came here to start **** with cops on this forum. I'm losing the precious few IQ points I have trying to follow his selve-serving, paranoid "reasoning."
__________________
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only matched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite

Last edited by SPDSNYPR; 07-31-2012 at 17:18..
SPDSNYPR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:15   #115
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Rick, I'm going to put it in simple terms. The place to argue the legality of an arrest is in court, NOT on the side of the road. If you resist on the side of the road, you'll just add charges that WILL stick, regardless of how illegal you feel the arrest was. Just some friendly advice.
I see, so if a cop unlawfully pulls me over, says, "I pulled you over because I'm going to handcuff and arrest you, and then anally rape you, get out of the vehicle..." and you resist arrest, those charges will stick.

Thanks for the advice. It was worth every penny.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:17   #116
lpo
what?!?!?!?!?
 
lpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: mississippi
Posts: 1,338
Send a message via Yahoo to lpo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPA-Rick View Post
Interesting point. Maybe you're wrong? Or maybe she doesn't agree with me? Or maybe she's just not a very good lawyer?

Man, who knows.
Hey, I've been wrong once before. I can handle. I was genuinly wondering. Believe it or not, I am seriously concerned.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
"Stupid hurts" -- USMCsilver
lpo is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:18   #117
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,448
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPA-Rick View Post
I see, so if a cop unlawfully pulls me over, says, "I pulled you over because I'm going to handcuff and arrest you, and then anally rape you, get out of the vehicle..." and you resist arrest, those charges will stick.

Thanks for the advice. It was worth every penny.
Where the hell do you get that this happens? Do you really expect that, or are you just playing to get a reaction?
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:18   #118
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!
 
PuroMexicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAPA-Rick View Post
Nope. Guess I'll have to make decisions based on what I know, and what I can prove, and give the cop the benefit of the doubt when I don't know, and can't prove.

But of course I hope any interactions I have with LEO are run of the mill lawful interactions.



Thanks.
Man, let me tell you, you just threw away thousands of dollars in your impenetrable fortress.

Many cops here can get you out of the car in 3 minutes or less with laws and ordinances that you've faulted and ignore, without you thinking you're being unlawfully detained and while playing the "MEOW" game with their partner. I can guarantee you that right meow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano
I DO NOT condone illegal immigration, I've said it time and time again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioKid View Post
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by PuroMexicano; 07-31-2012 at 17:19..
PuroMexicano is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:22   #119
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!
 
PuroMexicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Uh - that quote a few posts back at the bottom of #109 - I don't recall ever saying that. Where did you come up with that?

Anyway - why are we feeding this troll anyway? He didn't come to glock talk to talk about glocks. He came here to start **** with cops on this forum. I'm losing the precious few IQ points I have trying to follow his selve-serving, paranoid "reasoning."
He quoted my post with your nick, dunno what happened.

Man, have fun, we all are!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano
I DO NOT condone illegal immigration, I've said it time and time again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioKid View Post
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:24   #120
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.
 
SPDSNYPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 6,938
PLEASE READ THIS VAPA

You're clearly in violation of this, so could you please do everyone a favor and just piss off. Go polish your psycho-wagon and just leave us alone. You're not intersted in hearing opinions or learning anything. Go make your fortune while you still know everything. But do it away from here. You've worn out your novelty.
__________________
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only matched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite
SPDSNYPR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:27   #121
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,845


I just want in on this. I look forward to hearing about tactical wheelbarrows and an arrest.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:34   #122
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Anyway - why are we feeding this troll anyway? He didn't come to glock talk to talk about glocks. He came here to start **** with cops on this forum. I'm losing the precious few IQ points I have trying to follow his selve-serving, paranoid "reasoning."
Wrong as usual. I came here not to start anything with cops, but to defend their insinuations that they started about me.

Glocks? I own several. Only handgun I've ever owned.

Definitely preserve those points.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:36   #123
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Where the hell do you get that this happens? Do you really expect that, or are you just playing to get a reaction?
It's a hypothetical (and rape has certainly occurred like this, in fact not very long ago), for the consideration of those who claim that right or wrong, lawful or not, you MUST obey the orders and not resist arrest from a cop, even when he is breaking the law.

Ridiculous isn't it? Yes, because the claim is ridiculous, not in accordance with the law, and is just as un-American a thought as a person could ever hold in their un-American head.
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:38   #124
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
Man, let me tell you, you just threw away thousands of dollars in your impenetrable fortress.

Many cops here can get you out of the car in 3 minutes or less with laws and ordinances that you've faulted and ignore, without you thinking you're being unlawfully detained and while playing the "MEOW" game with their partner. I can guarantee you that right meow.
Man, thanks for the fortune telling. Can I have my palm back?
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 17:41   #125
VAPA-Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
PLEASE READ THIS VAPA

You're clearly in violation of this, so could you please do everyone a favor and just piss off. Go polish your psycho-wagon and just leave us alone. You're not intersted in hearing opinions or learning anything. Go make your fortune while you still know everything. But do it away from here. You've worn out your novelty.
I see, according to your link:

Quote:
Folks, I did not create this forum...to question the morality or legality of their [cop] practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.
Well we can't be talking about the legality of our armed public servants now can we? Even when they claim that a person they don't know is one step from shooting people up in a movie theater.

But I'm not talking about cop practices, I'm talking about why I have the car that I have, and refuting the idea that having it means that I'm crazy, or a nutjob, or don't have a job, or any of the other silly accusations that have been lobbed at me.

Any other statements I have made, have been responses to others.

Last edited by VAPA-Rick; 07-31-2012 at 17:43..
VAPA-Rick is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:05.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,337
396 Members
941 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42