SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-30-2012, 23:05   #1
M24C

Hearing Protection

Mas,

Every time I keep reading your articles you have great suggestions. One was Electronic Hearing Protection for the Night Stand with your gun. It wouldn't take long to put on and still hear, Protect your hearing if you should need to fire, You could still talk on the phone for emergencies and they could be used at the range and such. But which ones do you use? I've looked at the electronic ones briefly before and didn't know where to start. I've ask others whom shoot and nobody I know owns any. Do you have any you like or would suggest?

M24C
40 Club number #164
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

You want something binaural (directional) with good low end amplification. My favorite was the old Gentex Wolf Ears, unfortunately discontinued now, but available now and then on E-bay.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 13:38   #3
M24C

Massad,

I'm reporting an update to you and since other people read this also. As you stated they have been discontinued and did not find any so, I found the specs on those Gentec Wolf Ears, for noise reduction. Going on that that was my minimum base. I wanted something that would amplify low.

I found a new pair of ear protection by Howard Leight the Impact Pro series. Has an NRR rating of 30 without the electronics. I took them out with the 4th of July and my Kids liked it for the fireworks. I've since had one outing with a class at the range so I could hear range commands, plus been the range a few more times with them. One of those days my daughter called me while at the range and I talked to her on the phone with Head set on, they seemed to work great so I bought another pair. I'll buy a few more for the household over the next few months and have a set next to my bed for any midnight surprises. I wanted to also THANK YOU again for all you very sound advise!
40 Club number #164

Last edited by M24C; 07-25-2012 at 13:39..
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 22:28   #4
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Tip appreciated!

Thanks,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote