SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:54   #1
frizz

Hazards of Justified Shootings

Mas -

Do you mind reminding members of the importance of avoiding a shooting if you can do so when you can get away with complete safety?

I know that this is the general law in the US, there are "stand your ground states" and there are situations where you can get away with it.

In another thread, I just asked another poster, regardless of the law, if you can get away safely:
Why risk death? Why risk jail? Why risk a financially ruinous criminal trial? Why risk a financially ruinous civil trial? Why risk the mental stresses that killing a human being usually brings? Why risk your standing in the community?
I sometimes see an "I'd love to waste a bag buy" attitude in gun forums as well as non-gun forums. while I understand the desire to punish a violent criminal, the attitude is foolish if you reason everything out.

I am reminded of what a cop said at the local police department's gun safety and training course. "If you ever have to kill someone, go get some professional help right away." He related stories of how good cops in justified, no-choice shootings have suffered mentally.

If you choose to address this, I'd prefer it if you do this without mentioning my name.

Thank you for your help to me, both directly and indirectly. YOU ROCK!
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:39   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

You've just reminded them very well yourself, bro.

Thanks,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote