Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-10-2012, 16:06   #1
damnyankee20

Bought my first Reloading Press

Bought my first press to reload 10mm for my G20, Boys: The Lee Classic Turret Press Set.

Ordered the Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure (+$12.95) and the Lee 4 piece 40 S&W/10mm dies came with the Kampf kit. Ordered it last night, they shipped it out today. I'm excited!

Now, I need to get a brass tumbler cuz I have HUNDREDS of 10mm brass I've shot and I'd like to practice with those. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

DY
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 17:34   #2
Any Cal.

Just shoot the brass dirty? Probably not what you were looking for.

I am using a similar set-up, and really like it. I don't use the FCD though, just 'cause I didn't see the need to buy it. Anyway, it takes fourteen minutes and change to load a fifty rd box with that setup if you already have your dies swapped over. Usually takes me ten-fifteen mins to switch to a new caliber. A really nice way of maximizing your shooting time, you don't have to spend it loading.

I prefer to standardize on just one or two loads so I don't have to fiddle with my set-up much, just crank out a couple hundred rds and be done. Make sure the auto-disk doesn't jam w/ powder, when it does it doesn't return the disk for more powder, so you get some rds w/ no charge. Just watch each case as it drops powder to be sure, or listen for the disk to make the full trip and return.

If you want a custom disk size, they are easy to ream to a larger size, or you can make them smaller w/ a bit of epoxy. The safety prime will work once you get it adjusted, but is a pain until then. I had to screw the sizing/decapping die down some so the ram would be in the right place at the right time to let the safety prime work well. You can do without it, but it saves me several minutes per box to use it.

Have fun with the new toy.
Any Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:34   #3
Ethereal Killer

buy a bunch of extra turrets. one for each caliber you plan on using at a minimum.

get the double disk kit and the adjustable disk too.

get the lee priming system for that press. it's really slick.

For brass tumbling you will want to look at the stainless media system. it's a bit more pricey than tumbling but you can eliminate cleaning the primer pockets and deburring and your brass looks like precious gems when you are done. http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

any old vibratory tumbler should do the trick. look on Midway and check out the reviews.
Ethereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 20:36   #4
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
Bought my first press to reload 10mm for my G20, Boys: The Lee Classic Turret Press Set.

Ordered the Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure (+$12.95) and the Lee 4 piece 40 S&W/10mm dies came with the Kampf kit. Ordered it last night, they shipped it out today. I'm excited!

Now, I need to get a brass tumbler cuz I have HUNDREDS of 10mm brass I've shot and I'd like to practice with those. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

DY
Excellent choice! Same setup I have...

In addition, I recommend a GOOD beam scale (RCBS 505 is good), the inexpensive, $10 Lee Adjustable Charge Bar (for fine tuning charge weights "in between" different disc cavity charges) and a BIG lot of powder, brass, primers and bullets.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14   #5
piperman

I also have that same press, I just set mine up and loaded 100 rounds last night. I use the adjustable bar for the auto disk, works great. Also use the FCD for making sure that I smooth out the case bulge, a little post sizing if you will. It cleans up the cases nicely.

Steve
piperman is offline   Reply With Quote