SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2012, 18:48   #26
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Mopar View Post
I wonder who they loose taking the prison. It's down almost to the regulars, no more quiet people in the background left to kill off.
Gotta be T-Dog.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 19:08   #27
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEE25 View Post
I see suppressed weapons! Bout time! I wish I had stock in Gemtech or Surefire cause I have a feeling this next season will see a surge in civilian suppressor sales. I wish they were legal in my state cause I would buy one in a heartbeat.
This right here! Hope they show where it came from and not pretend its something they always had. Good thing Carl has it too, he may need the extra shots.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 19:36   #28
APERS

Damb skippy! Lets get season 3 rolling already! That'd be cool if they start reloading ammo...or raid an arsenal or depot. Claymores, M249's & concertina wire woulda made
the farm a SHTF vacation hot spot. ;->
APERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 21:00   #29
Thumpernator

It's really cool to watch the crew transform Senoia into Woodbury. What's also interesting is that all the businesses are still open to the public, even while they are shooting in the streets. The film company built new rear entrances to all the shops. There's a new gun shop there that I frequent and when they are filming, all the front windows and doors are covered with a roll down metal screen, somewhat like you see at a closed store in a mall.

If you're lucky and time it right, you can see the cast members as they walk from the trailers to the town. There's a small coffee shop just outside the Woodbury gate that some of the cast members visit between takes, showing up in full costume, zombies included. Really awesome to live so close to the filming locations. Makes watching the show much more fun.

Yes, I agree,,,,,, this season is going to be awesome with the Boiler Room, Prison, and Woodbury.
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:14   #30
crazi_e

I new Merle had to still be alive, looks like he has a weapon in place of his missing hand
crazi_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 13:31   #31
BEER
bad example

it's about time they got some suppressors and real shtf weapons.

i wonder if all the new goodies came from the military chopper that crashed. the prison riot shields are a great idea against zeds.

it's looking like this new season is going to make up for the slow roll of last season.
Old 07-15-2012, 20:03   #32
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpernator View Post
It's really cool to watch the crew transform Senoia into Woodbury. What's also interesting is that all the businesses are still open to the public, even while they are shooting in the streets. The film company built new rear entrances to all the shops. There's a new gun shop there that I frequent and when they are filming, all the front windows and doors are covered with a roll down metal screen, somewhat like you see at a closed store in a mall.

If you're lucky and time it right, you can see the cast members as they walk from the trailers to the town. There's a small coffee shop just outside the Woodbury gate that some of the cast members visit between takes, showing up in full costume, zombies included. Really awesome to live so close to the filming locations. Makes watching the show much more fun.

Yes, I agree,,,,,, this season is going to be awesome with the Boiler Room, Prison, and Woodbury.
That's pretty darn cool!
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 20:21   #33
Naelbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
it's about time they got some suppressors and real shtf weapons.

i wonder if all the new goodies came from the military chopper that crashed. the prison riot shields are a great idea against zeds.

it's looking like this new season is going to make up for the slow roll of last season.
Pretty much all prison gear is tailor made for zombie resistance and every prison would have a fully stocked armory to go with the shields/body armor. Which combined with the multiple security layers of fences and bolted doors has always left me wondering, "How did the prison get overrun in the first place"?

Last edited by Naelbis; 07-15-2012 at 20:22..
Naelbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 21:03   #34
jlbeasley1976
Southern BTGOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Mopar View Post
I wonder who they loose taking the prison. It's down almost to the regulars, no more quiet people in the background left to kill off.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
what constitutes a regular? did you forget that they killed off, imo, the star of the show last season? shane made the show for me.
jlbeasley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 21:12   #35
Bucknasty

Not only is shane not the star, he was supposed to be dead in the first few episodes of season 1.
Bucknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 21:29   #36
Caustic Mopar

Shane I think had the right mentality on how to survive but IMHO he lost it when he wounded the fat guy (can't remember his name) to get away from the walkers at the school when they went to get meds to save Carl.

I think that one act pushed him over the edge, He was close after Rick came back and he lost Lorrie and Carl but that act pushed him over the edge.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Caustic Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08   #37
Restless28

Looks to me like Daryl and Merle are the rising stars. The next game is a FPS with you playing as them.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31   #38
eruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazi_e View Post
I new Merle had to still be alive, looks like he has a weapon in place of his missing hand
Meet the new Merle. Same as the old Merle.

Tagged as I can't view the video at work.
eruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:54   #39
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEE25 View Post
I see suppressed weapons! Bout time! I wish I had stock in Gemtech or Surefire cause I have a feeling this next season will see a surge in civilian suppressor sales. I wish they were legal in my state cause I would buy one in a heartbeat.
The suppressor on Rick's pistol looks like it was made from a Maglite.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:22   #40
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

will have to look this up...again..
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32   #41
irishbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
The suppressor on Rick's pistol looks like it was made from a Maglite.
That is beacuse it is
irishbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04   #42
Stompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
"How did the prison get overrun in the first place"?

Although the show does not go into detail about how things get started, I would presume that some type of pandemic killed a huge chunk of the population, and caused them to rise as Walking Dead. Some of the guards and prisoners would have become infected, died and rose as zombies.
OR… in the last days of a functioning society, guards would have refused to come to work, or abandoned the prison to protect their families. Ensuring the prison gates were secured would not be that important.
U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Last edited by Stompy; 07-16-2012 at 09:06..
Stompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44   #43
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
Maybe its a way to say to those who are not prepared that you will be stuck with a revolver and a crossbow when the SHTF. It will take a while(if you live) to acquire better weapons from those less able to survive. Why not get them NOW. That will make your chances of survival better. A revolver is a great weapon, but a limited 6 rds against zombies is an epic fail!!!!
LOL!!!
Unless you are a highly trained small town cop.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58   #44
Thumpernator

I always wondered why Shane didn't just hook up with Andrea. She did grab his crotch in that episode where he gave her some private gun training. All we saw was the vehicle coming to a screeching halt,,,,, but we all know what that meant.

Shane might still be alive if he had forgotten about Lori and kept banging Andrea. Besides,,,,,, Andrea is hotter than Lori anyway.
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:14   #45
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
"How did the prison get overrun in the first place"?

Easy my man.........................

.............from the inside out.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33   #46
Naelbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
Easy my man.........................

.............from the inside out.
That's the story yeah. Problem is, I work in a jail so I know that they are specifically designed to prevent an "inside out" takeover. Guess I will have to see where they go with it.
Old 07-22-2012, 17:01   #47
rahrah12

I hope they have the guts to not soften it up for TV...

Can't wait!
rahrah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 16:13   #48
Sycoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
From the comics: One is Michonne's former boyfriend and the other is a cousin. She cut off the arms and jaws and keeps them as camouflage from walkers.

BTW, I'm digging the film adaption of her. She is supposed to be a badass, and she's not hard on the eyes either.

I dont understand why they are not keeping buckets of zombie blood around. When the zombies come just pour some blood over your jacket or pants and blend in. They did that in Seasn 1 however it suddenly rained on them. lol..

Anybody hear the rumor MERLE gets his revenge on Rick?

G23
DX 9mm
Spike Ar15
(soon supressor)
Sycoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 17:20   #49
97XJ_Sport

The main bad guy in the trailer is the Governor, He's a very sadistic character in the comics. I look forward to seeing how he compares to the comic version, although I doubt they could get away with half of the stuff he does in the comics.
97XJ_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 18:13   #50
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97XJ_Sport View Post
The main bad guy in the trailer is the Governor, He's a very sadistic character in the comics. I look forward to seeing how he compares to the comic version, although I doubt they could get away with half of the stuff he does in the comics.

Yeah, if he's even half as dark as in the comics, should be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Need a plan. I'm on Dish.
Google project free tv.

Pawsitively Stylish Mobile Pet Salon (Southern California)
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote