Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 18:48   #41
Airhasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
Well, they screwed it up again. Really starting to lose faith. Too bad too, as most know, I've got a "beater" PSA carbine that I absolutely adore. But after the typical 2 week wait, my middy upper finally arrives, and this is what I pull out of the box...

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...

Been a few months since I had the joy of unwrapping a shiny new BCM upper.

I think I'm long overdue.

So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

Wow, when they say stripped upper, they mean it...lol
Does this mean you won't be carrying PSA at your new gun store?

Last edited by Airhasz; 09-29-2012 at 19:38..
Old 09-29-2012, 18:55   #42
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
arclight610
Not a fanboy- though I do own one- bought a complete Strikefire rifle when they had there sale last year. Excellant rifle by the way! I just dislike people who ***** about service when they KNOW the company they are dealling with is giving them an great price for there product and the person ordering KNOWS they are getting alot of orders for the exact same product but feel the need to ***** cause they have a delay or the order gets screwed up some how! **** happens get over it- or buy somewhere's else! Don't like there service go spend alot more money somewhere's else. Simple solution to your problem.

Yeah, its completely unfair to expect the product you order when you plunk down your hard earned cash for it.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 09-29-2012, 19:24   #43
cowboy1964

But after the typical 2 week wait

I'm at 20 business days and still no shipping notice.
Old 09-29-2012, 20:02   #44
Trey83

I ordered another lpk a week ago for my brothers rifle. It was missing the bolt catch roll pin. Not a big deal since it's a billet lower with a threaded pin. It would have been an inconvenience otherwise.
Old 09-29-2012, 20:04   #45
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
Does this mean you won't be carrying PSA at your new gun store?
I'm pissed right now. I want to give them a chance to make things right, I really do.

But this is the bottom line;

They're getting worse, not better. This is why I've been building these, not just to test their gear, but to see how they operate as a company.

To utilize a company's components in builds that I'll be selling to my customers, with my name(and possibly their lives) on the line?

One or two good builds does nothing for me. Consistency. I need to know that the parts I pull out of that box are going to be what I expect them to be. And that if there is an issue, it'll be made right, quickly.

2 weeks to get it + X-amount time for a response + likely 2 more weeks for a replacement upper?

Unacceptable.

Upper receiver half anodized?

Unacceptable.

Even as my potential "budget line" I cannot and will not sacrifice basic quality, and I will not ask my customer to wait over a month for his/her rifle. That is absurd.

I've lost count of how many times I've dealt with Bravo Co. Every time has been perfect. CS is friendly and helpful, their gear is absolutely amazing, shipping is ungodly fast.

I can put together a bare-bones AR with BCM core components for a low enough cost. I'd prefer to drop my margin a bit further on one line of rifles to fill the budget role, knowing that the quality will be there, and I won't have to deal with this type of BS.

There's a ton of potential in PSA, I think they fill a much needed void in the market. But if they can't get their QC, shipping & CS departments under control?

Flash in the pan.

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Old 09-29-2012, 20:07   #46
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
Wow, when they say stripped upper, they mean it...lol

Lol, that was priceless.

Quote:
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Old 09-29-2012, 20:10   #47
mjkeat

Ordered a BCM SS410, 3 days later the rumble of a big brown truck, squeaking brakes, and blaring rock music. My UPS man!

I would like to see how the volume numbers from the two compare.
Old 09-29-2012, 20:56   #48
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

I understand your frustration and PSA is on my **** list as well, and they ARE NOT going to get any more of my money. I ordered a 14.7 upper with a Troy VTAC FDE rail/with a low profile gas block for my dream FDE KISS build from them which was not put together correctly.

I take the gun to the range and it short cycles every time. The monkeys at PSA did not install my gas block correctly. Not only was the gas block canted to the side, the set screws were loose and NO measure was taken to secure the gas block. No dimples on the barrel for the set screws, no thread locker on the set screws, nothing.

I confront PSA about the problem and for a refund and they pretty much tell me to go pound sand!

Anyways I am ordering a DD barrel with a pinned low profile gas block, so I'll have the setup I wanted and a happy ending and a better barrel...

Last edited by Cole125; 09-29-2012 at 20:59..
Old 09-29-2012, 21:05   #49
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

I'm happy with my upper, only other thing I'd order from them is an 18" 6.8 upper if they happen to go on sale when I have the money.
For the last time
Old 09-29-2012, 21:09   #50
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Hell, in 500 rounds that coating is going to be toast anyhow.

Just shoot the darn thing.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Old 09-29-2012, 21:31   #51
mobilecommand

Monday will 29 days waiting for my CHF upper form labor day.

some how on day 15 it was shipping this week.

Following week was its in production and should ship this week.

when i ask for a update on day 30 i am sure it will be shipping this week.

Lol..

I also have a charging handle, butt stock kit, and some lpks from the same order.

i am sure they wont ship any of that lol..
Old 09-29-2012, 21:36   #52
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

Don't know who you've been buying uppers from, but their anodizing must suck.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:39   #53
bmoore

Quote:
Well, they screwed it up again. Really starting to lose faith. Too bad too, as most know, I've got a "beater" PSA carbine that I absolutely adore. But after the typical 2 week wait, my middy upper finally arrives, and this is what I pull out of the box...

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...

Been a few months since I had the joy of unwrapping a shiny new BCM upper.

I think I'm long overdue.

Nuts to this.

Wow now that sucks. I think I may be done with PSA, my BCM upper, BCG and overall experience with them was over the top awesome. That company has exceptional shipping and quality control. I few months ago a recommended PSA to 2 of my wife's coworkers who I was building rifles for. One guys LPK was missing roll pins (I had spare's) and the other gentlemen had his upper shipped to Utah. I read Cole125's story and now I am reading yours. I really want to like them but they are making it hard.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:41   #54
bmoore

Quote:

Separate your upper from your lower. Find your receipt for your upper and locate the company location. Drive with your upper to the location and beat whoever made your upper over the head with it.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:46   #55
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Separate your upper from your lower. Find your receipt for your upper and locate the company location. Drive with your upper to the location and beat whoever made your upper over the head with it.
For the last time
Old 09-29-2012, 21:53   #56
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Note to self: Add AR upper to list of potential LARTs.
Old 09-29-2012, 22:25   #57
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:

Well, no... lol. But lets say for the sake of argument that this was true.

If I was to stock my shelves with these parts, would you as a customer want me to tell you that?

That'd go over like a turd in a punch-bowl.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 22:27   #58
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Don't know who you've been buying uppers from, but their anodizing must suck.
This +1,000,000

Must be that custom Krylon anodizing.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 22:57   #59
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Don't give me any ideas, I might go do that to whoever put my upper together at PSA!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01   #60
TNGlockman
NRA Member

I ordered a stripped lower receiver and a LPK with the Magpul accessories in it from PSA a few weeks back. I got the LPK within a week or so, but it was missing the castle nut and latch plate for the buffer tube. I emailed them about it and got a reply the next day. A few days later, I received my parts in the mail. My lower was perfect though!

But...I also ordered a 16" mid-length upper from them a couple of weeks back, and now I'm really starting to get a little anxious about it after hearing all these horror stories from you guys!

Last edited by TNGlockman; 09-30-2012 at 07:37..

Closed Thread