Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 21:31   #51
mobilecommand

Monday will 29 days waiting for my CHF upper form labor day.

some how on day 15 it was shipping this week.

Following week was its in production and should ship this week.

when i ask for a update on day 30 i am sure it will be shipping this week.

Lol..

I also have a charging handle, butt stock kit, and some lpks from the same order.

i am sure they wont ship any of that lol..
Old 09-29-2012, 21:36   #52
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Hell, in 500 rounds that coating is going to be toast anyhow.

Just shoot the darn thing.
Don't know who you've been buying uppers from, but their anodizing must suck.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:39   #53
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
Well, they screwed it up again. Really starting to lose faith. Too bad too, as most know, I've got a "beater" PSA carbine that I absolutely adore. But after the typical 2 week wait, my middy upper finally arrives, and this is what I pull out of the box...

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...

Been a few months since I had the joy of unwrapping a shiny new BCM upper.

I think I'm long overdue.

So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

Wow now that sucks. I think I may be done with PSA, my BCM upper, BCG and overall experience with them was over the top awesome. That company has exceptional shipping and quality control. I few months ago a recommended PSA to 2 of my wife's coworkers who I was building rifles for. One guys LPK was missing roll pins (I had spare's) and the other gentlemen had his upper shipped to Utah. I read Cole125's story and now I am reading yours. I really want to like them but they are making it hard.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:41   #54
bmoore

Quote:

Separate your upper from your lower. Find your receipt for your upper and locate the company location. Drive with your upper to the location and beat whoever made your upper over the head with it.
Old 09-29-2012, 21:46   #55
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Separate your upper from your lower. Find your receipt for your upper and locate the company location. Drive with your upper to the location and beat whoever made your upper over the head with it.
For the last time
Old 09-29-2012, 21:53   #56
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Note to self: Add AR upper to list of potential LARTs.
Old 09-29-2012, 22:25   #57
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:

Well, no... lol. But lets say for the sake of argument that this was true.

If I was to stock my shelves with these parts, would you as a customer want me to tell you that?

That'd go over like a turd in a punch-bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Old 09-29-2012, 22:27   #58
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Don't know who you've been buying uppers from, but their anodizing must suck.
This +1,000,000

Must be that custom Krylon anodizing.

Quote:
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Old 09-29-2012, 22:57   #59
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Don't give me any ideas, I might go do that to whoever put my upper together at PSA!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01   #60
TNGlockman
NRA Member

I ordered a stripped lower receiver and a LPK with the Magpul accessories in it from PSA a few weeks back. I got the LPK within a week or so, but it was missing the castle nut and latch plate for the buffer tube. I emailed them about it and got a reply the next day. A few days later, I received my parts in the mail. My lower was perfect though!

But...I also ordered a 16" mid-length upper from them a couple of weeks back, and now I'm really starting to get a little anxious about it after hearing all these horror stories from you guys!

Last edited by TNGlockman; 09-30-2012 at 07:37..
Old 09-30-2012, 07:25   #61
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

It just does not pay to deal with companies with questionable
CS & spotty quality control.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42   #62
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
It just does not pay to deal with companies with questionable
CS & spotty quality control.
I agree, they need to get their act together.

I have had very positive experiences Rainier Arms and PK Firearms(check PK out if you want LPKs and stock kits at your door in 3 days), same day shipping and great CS.

They will be getting my money for AR15 related purchases in the future.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07   #63
Trey83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
I agree, they need to get their act together.

I have had very positive experiences Rainier Arms and PK Firearms(check PK out if you want LPKs and stock kits at your door in 3 days), same day shipping and great CS.

They will be getting my money for AR15 related purchases in the future.
I agree. I've had great service from both Rainier and PK Firearms.
Old 09-30-2012, 16:37   #64
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Folks, that's not a bare surface. The interior has a dry microfilm coating that's sprayed on top of the anodizing and baked on. That's a milspec standard for an AR.

Sometimes the coating is a little grey. Sometimes its black. I've seen it both ways. Neither is wrong. But the stuff doesn't last.

It wears off on the interior wear points fairly quickly. So where the rails on the bolt touch the receiver. The Charging handle slot. and a few other areas that get a workout when the bolt cycles.

But the pic looks like a standard dry film application with just a little overspray on the bottom of the receiver. Its black underneath. I promise. No big deal.

Go shoot it.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”

Last edited by Big Bird; 09-30-2012 at 16:50..
Old 09-30-2012, 17:43   #65
Cole125
Silver Membership

Maybe its not a big deal, but its more the principle here. PSA has the "I don't care about you once you give me money" attitude towards its customers and that is NOT right and NOT acceptable.

PSA is just ****ing up time and time again, a company can't just do that and succeed.

Last edited by Cole125; 09-30-2012 at 17:44..
Old 09-30-2012, 17:44   #66
DeputyAlex

Quote:
My last order was a 16" carbine upper, LBK, carry-handle sight, & CH. After the usual 15 days, I got the upper... and nothing else. I called, and they(very friendly and helpful) told me they forgot to send the other package.

They shipped it quickly, I got it 3 days later. And it appears they doubled it up somewhere, as I received an email saying the same group of parts was shipping out, due in today. That'd be cool, we'll see.

I think what we're seeing is a company that has blown up so drastically & so quickly, that they're having problems staying on top of things. I sincerely hope they get properly staffed up soon, Be a shame to see this otherwise impressive company fail.
DING DING DING DING we have a winner Folks

That's exactly what going on. It's extremely hard for a company to keep up with fast growth.the company I work for experienced and is experiencing the same thing we grow an of average 15-20% since 2003 we have virtually been untouched by the recession. The downside is we screw up a lot about 15 orders per day, not all salespeople read there emails, and listen to voicemails. It's really hard to ship 400-500 orders in a day UPS has cut off times and huge fines if you dont ship ORMD packages correctly. Stick with them give them more chances as long as they fix the problem it's OK it's just a hobby for the most us anyway.
Old 09-30-2012, 17:46   #67
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyAlex View Post
Stick with them give them more chances as long as they fix the problem it's OK it's just a hobby for the most us anyway.
I'd rather not be the guinea pig that helps find out which direction PSA ends up going.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 09-30-2012, 17:47   #68
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Maybe its not a big deal, but its more the principle here. PSA has the "I don't care about you once you give me money" attitude towards its customers and that is NOT right and NOT acceptable.

PSA is just ****ing up time and time again, a company can't just do that and succeed.
Nothing to say about the principle of thing. But the receiver is fine.

Old 09-30-2012, 18:26   #69
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Nothing to say about the principle of thing. But the receiver is fine.
Wouldn't be fine for me.
For the last time
Old 09-30-2012, 18:42   #70
mjkeat

Me either and I could care less what it looks like as long as it functions. However even if it functions 100% the principle of the matter would require something being said/done.
Old 09-30-2012, 18:43   #71
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Me either and I could care less what it looks like as long as it functions. However even if it functions 100% the principle of the matter would require something being said/done.
Precisely.
For the last time
Old 09-30-2012, 18:46   #72
glock031

Looks like light grey dry film to me from the pic. But if the OP says it aint right (receiver right in front of him) then it aint right and PSA should make it right.

I bought my last upper from them dec 2011. All mine been GTG. But have a bad gut feeling about thier quality since then on. Especially thier madness uppers. It's been hard for customers to even get a straight up answer from them on thier site since the beginning of this year.

Check out AIM surplus for some of the best deals on COMPLETE uppers. DD CHF barrels with spikes (no logo) upper receivers/BCG/CH. Choices of $200+ DD&Troy rails -w- pinned LP DD gas blocks or FSB.- 650-699.....
Old 09-30-2012, 18:56   #73
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

I like the grey dry film better than the black. When I have a new gun it shows me the wear points better than the black and makes it easier to see if I'm getting more contact on one side or the other that could indicate something is off kilter with the bolt or gas tube. But that's me.

Back ten-twelve years ago pretty much all the uppers had the grey coating. Least most of the ones I built for myself and others. Colt still uses it on their lightweight uppers.

If it were bare it would be silver not grey. But you can clearly see the overspray on the lower part of the inside and also where the forward assist comes into the receiver.

I don't have the receiver to tell you there might not be something else wrong but it looks normal to me having dealt with a couple of dozen over the years.

Old 09-30-2012, 19:28   #74
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Lol, it ain't dry film guys. At the Mustang shop, I've blasted, machined, and welded up aluminum intakes. I've built more ARs than I could hope to remember, including stripping & re-finishing.

This is bare-assed aluminum. It looks grey because it was media-blasted.

In some spots, you can catch a nail where the finish stops.

Unreal...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 13:31   #75
michael_b
BRC #1492

Well I have actually managed a distribution center and I can tell you it's not easy.

Trying to find quality staff for shipping/receiving/warehousing positions is a pain in the.... Those jobs do not attract the highest quality candidates.

Now my own experiences are about 6 out 7 of my PSA orders have been perfect.

Yes getting them on the phone isn't easy. Marlene told me yet are getting up to 200 calls a day. They do not appear to have a team of CSRs answering phones and they really need to expand that.

It all smacks of growing pains. I really hope they get it all worked out.

Now someone referenced a package being route cross country then back. Unless they miss marked the address, that's a carrier issue not PSA's fault. I work in logistics and UPS and FedEx misroute things regularly. It just happens.

Posted from my iPhone

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
Closed Thread