GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 18:47   #26
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
whitebread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 798
One thing that has kept me from ordering with PSA recently is my last two orders were missing small items (buffer spring, ranger plates, wrong magazine, etc.) and it was almost impossible to get them the phone. Most of the time they wouldn't answer - I have had to try several times to get someone on the other end.
whitebread is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 21:40   #27
Andrewsky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,780
...................

Last edited by Andrewsky; 07-11-2012 at 21:42..
Andrewsky is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 23:52   #28
Armchair Commando
Long Range Guru
 
Armchair Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bunker in the Midwest
Posts: 4,077


Lmao that was great
Arclight
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
In the works, 338 Lapua built on a Surgeon 1581/R XL Action/Krieger Stick/Jewel Trigger with a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 Glass
Some Guardian Angels wear white, The others wear Blackhawk!

Last edited by Armchair Commando; 07-12-2012 at 00:40..
Armchair Commando is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 04:25   #29
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05
 
TangoFoxtrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nowhereville, USA
Posts: 4,032
Blog Entries: 2
The bottom line is your money is just as green here or there and spends the same. So if a dealer cannot give you good service go elsewhere. There are about 4 internet dealers that will never see an order from me again because they either mislead tru an ad or were slow shippers.
__________________
G21 Club: 0685 -Tact. SG 7048
S/P Club: 109 - .40 Club: 0255
Black Rifle-SWMP15S1647
TangoFoxtrot is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 14:24   #30
arclight610
Senior Member
 
arclight610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
Good news everyone. I'm happy to report that PSA fixed the problem by sending out my missing parts. The bad news is they sent it to the wrong address.

Last edited by arclight610; 07-12-2012 at 14:29..
arclight610 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 14:52   #31
bigmoney890
Senior Member
 
bigmoney890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
Good news everyone. I'm happy to report that PSA fixed the problem by sending out my missing parts. The bad news is they sent it to the wrong address.
I don't mean to make fun, but that's priceless
__________________
"you cannot invade the mainland United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass..."

Custom Survival Bracelets
bigmoney890 is online now  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55   #32
zhix
Senior Member
 
zhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,121
It has been awhile since I ordered from PSA and I didn't happen to have any problems ordering from them a couple times, but I'm not going to be the guy who says "X brand/company is goodtogo, if you're having issues with them you must be lying or a jagoff", because I can relate to being screwed over by popular companies with good reputations.
In my case the only thing left to do was to file against them with the BBB and now that company has an F rating because they didn't respond to my complaint.
zhix is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 13:01   #33
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
There's no excuse for it. They have been busy like this for a year or more. Ample time to correct any and all staffing issues if that is actually the problem behind the delays and incorrect orders. I wanted a PSA SS upper for the longest time but ended up going BCM due to the wait times and shipping issues.

When I place orders I usually do it all on the same day. My PSA order is always the last to arrive. I've watched a package go to the opposite end of the country before being redirected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 16:37   #34
Redfire SVT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 129
I can't comment on PSA now but I remember when I first bought my rifle (probably one of the first 1000 PSA sold, I was a pioneer to the PSA product!) they answered emails in minutes and phone calls on like the first ring. Parts were dead on and CS was awesome! Hopefully they will turn your order around!
Redfire SVT is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 19:52   #35
glock031
Senior Member
 
glock031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfire SVT View Post
I can't comment on PSA now but I remember when I first bought my rifle (probably one of the first 1000 PSA sold, I was a pioneer to the PSA product!) they answered emails in minutes and phone calls on like the first ring. Parts were dead on and CS was awesome! Hopefully they will turn your order around!
My first upper was probably in the first 50 or so and about sixty misc orders since never had a screw up, never had a problem. Longest i've waited was about two and a half weeks for complete uppers. But im also the type that i place the order and wait for it without the are we there yet, are we there yet, or change this, change that.
__________________
22lr -9x19 -357sig -40sw -22wmr -5.56/223 -12ga
glock031 is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 22:10   #36
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,529
Pretty sure every company out there has had one issue or another. Not one of them is perfect. If you have had so much trouble with them don't use them again.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 01:29   #37
bigmoney890
Senior Member
 
bigmoney890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
There's no excuse for it. They have been busy like this for a year or more. Ample time to correct any and all staffing issues if that is actually the problem behind the delays and incorrect orders. I wanted a PSA SS upper for the longest time but ended up going BCM due to the wait times and shipping issues.

When I place orders I usually do it all on the same day. My PSA order is always the last to arrive. I've watched a package go to the opposite end of the country before being redirected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
+10 to this!
__________________
"you cannot invade the mainland United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass..."

Custom Survival Bracelets
bigmoney890 is online now  
Old 07-17-2012, 18:02   #38
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Just saw that PSA was hiring.

Copy and Paste:
Palmetto State Armory


Palmetto State Armory is now hiring!

If you are interested in a dynamic and growing company manufacturing some of the worlds best AR-15 rifles we would love to speak with you.

Our rifle division is now hiring. The prime candidate would have mechanical and or gunsmithing experience. They would have to stand for upwards of 4 hours at a time and occasionally lift upwards of 40 pounds. We are on...ly looking to fill full time postion at this moment; 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

If you are interested in this position, please send your resume or notice of interest to our info account(info@palmettostatearmory.com) with the subject line "PALMETTO STATE ARMORY IS NOW HIRING".

**Palmetto State Armory is an equal oppurtunity employer, potential employees need to be able to pass a state law enforcement back ground check and must be able to pass any and all drug screenings.

***All inquiries sent to the info account will be monitored by human resources, all inquiries to ship dates and order questions that are posed with the the same tag line as aforementioned with the guise of getting a faster response will not be answered, but will be forwarded to customer service***See More


LikeUnlike · · Share · 732711 · about an hour ago ·
mjkeat is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 18:16   #39
Hour13
Tah-dah!
 
Hour13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,116
Well, they screwed it up again. Really starting to lose faith. Too bad too, as most know, I've got a "beater" PSA carbine that I absolutely adore. But after the typical 2 week wait, my middy upper finally arrives, and this is what I pull out of the box...

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...




Been a few months since I had the joy of unwrapping a shiny new BCM upper.

I think I'm long overdue.



So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

..
__________________
"I'll have a Coke..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 18:41   #40
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...
Wow. There is absolutely no excuse for that. At this point, id say youve been more than patient. If I were you, I'd make it my goal to post that story and pics on a different gun forum each day until these clowns get back to you, publicly apologize and make things right.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 18:48   #41
Airhasz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bad Axe
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
Well, they screwed it up again. Really starting to lose faith. Too bad too, as most know, I've got a "beater" PSA carbine that I absolutely adore. But after the typical 2 week wait, my middy upper finally arrives, and this is what I pull out of the box...

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

95% of the interior surface?

Bare.
Frikin.
Aluminum.

How in the hell nobody noticed this during assembly, or when it was test-fired, is completely beyond me.

So I call them.

Girl can't get off the phone fast enough. "You need to send us pics, and we'll figure out what we're going to do."

After going on the site to get the email address, due to her speed-mumbling it then telling me to have a good weekend... I sent them the pics, and instructions that I will not be needing a replacement, just a shipping label & a refund.

Still waiting for a reply...




Been a few months since I had the joy of unwrapping a shiny new BCM upper.

I think I'm long overdue.



So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

..
Wow, when they say stripped upper, they mean it...lol
Does this mean you won't be carrying PSA at your new gun store?

Last edited by Airhasz; 09-29-2012 at 19:38..
Airhasz is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 18:55   #42
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,155
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
arclight610
Not a fanboy- though I do own one- bought a complete Strikefire rifle when they had there sale last year. Excellant rifle by the way! I just dislike people who ***** about service when they KNOW the company they are dealling with is giving them an great price for there product and the person ordering KNOWS they are getting alot of orders for the exact same product but feel the need to ***** cause they have a delay or the order gets screwed up some how! **** happens get over it- or buy somewhere's else! Don't like there service go spend alot more money somewhere's else. Simple solution to your problem.


Yeah, its completely unfair to expect the product you order when you plunk down your hard earned cash for it.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now  
Old 09-29-2012, 19:24   #43
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 14,396
But after the typical 2 week wait

I'm at 20 business days and still no shipping notice.
cowboy1964 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 20:02   #44
Trey83
Senior Member
 
Trey83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,452
I ordered another lpk a week ago for my brothers rifle. It was missing the bolt catch roll pin. Not a big deal since it's a billet lower with a threaded pin. It would have been an inconvenience otherwise.
__________________
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
Trey83 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 20:04   #45
Hour13
Tah-dah!
 
Hour13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
Does this mean you won't be carrying PSA at your new gun store?
I'm pissed right now. I want to give them a chance to make things right, I really do.

But this is the bottom line;


They're getting worse, not better. This is why I've been building these, not just to test their gear, but to see how they operate as a company.

To utilize a company's components in builds that I'll be selling to my customers, with my name(and possibly their lives) on the line?

One or two good builds does nothing for me. Consistency. I need to know that the parts I pull out of that box are going to be what I expect them to be. And that if there is an issue, it'll be made right, quickly.

2 weeks to get it + X-amount time for a response + likely 2 more weeks for a replacement upper?

Unacceptable.

Upper receiver half anodized?

Unacceptable.

Even as my potential "budget line" I cannot and will not sacrifice basic quality, and I will not ask my customer to wait over a month for his/her rifle. That is absurd.

I've lost count of how many times I've dealt with Bravo Co. Every time has been perfect. CS is friendly and helpful, their gear is absolutely amazing, shipping is ungodly fast.

I can put together a bare-bones AR with BCM core components for a low enough cost. I'd prefer to drop my margin a bit further on one line of rifles to fill the budget role, knowing that the quality will be there, and I won't have to deal with this type of BS.


There's a ton of potential in PSA, I think they fill a much needed void in the market. But if they can't get their QC, shipping & CS departments under control?

Flash in the pan.

..
__________________
"I'll have a Coke..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 20:07   #46
Hour13
Tah-dah!
 
Hour13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
Wow, when they say stripped upper, they mean it...lol


Lol, that was priceless.
__________________
"I'll have a Coke..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 20:10   #47
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Ordered a BCM SS410, 3 days later the rumble of a big brown truck, squeaking brakes, and blaring rock music. My UPS man!

I would like to see how the volume numbers from the two compare.
mjkeat is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 20:56   #48
Cole125
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Cole125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far West, USA
Posts: 7,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
So damn irritated right now, I'm actually planning on cleaning the dirt off of the beater carbine & selling it. Probably going to sell the KISS PSA rifle I built too.

Nuts to this.

..
I understand your frustration and PSA is on my **** list as well, and they ARE NOT going to get any more of my money. I ordered a 14.7 upper with a Troy VTAC FDE rail/with a low profile gas block for my dream FDE KISS build from them which was not put together correctly.

I take the gun to the range and it short cycles every time. The monkeys at PSA did not install my gas block correctly. Not only was the gas block canted to the side, the set screws were loose and NO measure was taken to secure the gas block. No dimples on the barrel for the set screws, no thread locker on the set screws, nothing.

I confront PSA about the problem and for a refund and they pretty much tell me to go pound sand!

Anyways I am ordering a DD barrel with a pinned low profile gas block, so I'll have the setup I wanted and a happy ending and a better barrel...

Last edited by Cole125; 09-29-2012 at 20:59..
Cole125 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 21:05   #49
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,530
I'm happy with my upper, only other thing I'd order from them is an 18" 6.8 upper if they happen to go on sale when I have the money.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 21:09   #50
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,041
Hell, in 500 rounds that coating is going to be toast anyhow.

Just shoot the darn thing.
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:44.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,148
348 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42