Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-14-2012, 00:25   #1001
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Don't bother seeing Taken 2. It's pure schlock and doesn't hold a match to the first one, not even close.
I always wonder about that, does the 2nd one really suck compared to the first one, or is it that the first one was so different/unexpected, that it was interesting. Once you know what to expect, the sequel can't compare, you can't duplicate the uniqueness.

Examples: The Matrix, Die Hard, Death Wish, Star Wars (boy, even the original looks like hell now). The sequels were all disappointing.

The only exception was Star Trek, but only because the original motion picture had the suck knob turned up so high.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 00:47   #1002
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
I always wonder about that, does the 2nd one really suck compared to the first one, or is it that the first one was so different/unexpected, that it was interesting. Once you know what to expect, the sequel can't compare, you can't duplicate the uniqueness.

Examples: The Matrix, Die Hard, Death Wish, Star Wars (boy, even the original looks like hell now). The sequels were all disappointing.

The only exception was Star Trek, but only because the original motion picture had the suck knob turned up so high.

Randy
Actually I would say Empire was way better than Star Wars, but nothing after that compared to the trilogy.

Taken 2 was just bad in that the situations were way beyond improbable this time and it was just like a B movie where the hero goes on a fighting and killing rampage and nobody can stop him, including the authorities who could care less it seems, even the Marines guarding the U.S. Embassy couldn't stop him... yeah... okay.

I mean, this movie, without Liam Neeson and the franchise name, would not even rate a B movie status, and I have seen quite a bit of B movies with no redeeming value.

The only thing I thought that could save the movie... Liam's fight scenes, were so badly cut up and shot with that shaky, zooming in and out, close up technique that is in vogue, that I could not tell what he was doing most of the time other than that the bad guys were falling down. The first one showed it much better how he fought using Krav Maga style quick and lethal moves that got the job done.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57   #1003
Horror
Polizei

Send a message via ICQ to Horror
Alien 2 was better than Alien as well.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16   #1004
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
Alien 2 was better than Alien as well.
That was one of the few times where the sequel was better, Aliens was way more awesome than Alien, but all the rest of the Aliens sucked big time.

However, thinking back to all the sequels of successful films, it's hard to find a good one.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sucked, and don't even talk about the 3rd or 4th one. The original rocked.

The Matrix and Star Wars really can't count in this though because those movies are meant to be a trilogy so they aren't really sequels, and in the case of Star Wars... milked with prequels, which all sucked.

Star Trek all sucked, every single one. They took themselves too seriously, instead of the kitschy fun of the TV series.

Toy Story actually was pretty equal in the first and second one, but the third one, while it didn't suck, wasn't really funny anymore and turned into a very dark and serious film that left you with a WTF feeling.

I can't wait for the sequel to Top Gun where Maverick is retired from the Navy and is flying commercial jets and still chasing women around the world and then he gets his copilot killed while going through a carwash and the car spins out when he leaves because the tires are still wet and then he refuses to fly passengers anymore even after the traffic cops clear him of fault and then he finally flies again and safely gets his passengers to their destination on time and everyone hugs him and laughs.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23   #1005
Horror
Polizei

Send a message via ICQ to Horror
Quote:

I can't wait for the sequel to Top Gun where Maverick is retired from the Navy and is flying commercial jets and still chasing women around the world and then he gets his copilot killed while going through a carwash and the car spins out when he leaves because the tires are still wet and then he refuses to fly passengers anymore even after the traffic cops clear him of fault and then he finally flies again and safely gets his passengers to their destination on time and everyone hugs him and laughs.
you should write a screenplay and sell it to hollywood.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32   #1006
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I have many screen plays but they all get stolen by people and then massacred.
Old 10-14-2012, 16:48   #1007
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

My wife and I are still waiting for a remake of Gremlins. They've remade everything else.

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.
Old 10-14-2012, 16:50   #1008
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Just got home from jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. First time jumper. Gotta admit, it was fun, but not as thrilling as I had expected. Would love to do it again though.
Old 10-14-2012, 18:27   #1009
RMolina628
got a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Great, glad to hear it!

Don't worry, you'll be comlaining about a cop's salary in no time once you get your sea legs back!

Randy
Next time you're in Southwestern Oakland County, you can stop in and join the misery.

In all truth I am going to miss working at the hardware store, but this is what I want to do, not what I have to do to pay for my internet social media addiction.
Old 10-14-2012, 18:30   #1010
RMolina628
got a job!

who's stuck working Devils night this year? I'm pretty sure they will just let what's left of Flint and Pontiac burn. I already know I will be out doing home calls.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:06   #1011
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Working day and not staying late like the last few weeks. Get to go ride the Harley with the ghost rider getup.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:16   #1012
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Quote:
Just got home from jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. First time jumper. Gotta admit, it was fun, but not as thrilling as I had expected. Would love to do it again though.
Just remember a parachute is not required for jumping out of a plane. Only if you want to do it a second time.
Old 10-14-2012, 22:39   #1013
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Don't bother seeing Taken 2. It's pure schlock and doesn't hold a match to the first one, not even close.
Saw it too yesterday. Well it's ok.. people get killed, cars explode, the daughter is quite hot. The movie is just average. The embassy scene was stupid and he never reloaded during the car chase..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 22:42   #1014
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Quote:
That was one of the few times where the sequel was better, Aliens was way more awesome than Alien, but all the rest of the Aliens sucked big time.

However, thinking back to all the sequels of successful films, it's hard to find a good one.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sucked, and don't even talk about the 3rd or 4th one. The original rocked.

The Matrix and Star Wars really can't count in this though because those movies are meant to be a trilogy so they aren't really sequels, and in the case of Star Wars... milked with prequels, which all sucked.

Star Trek all sucked, every single one. They took themselves too seriously, instead of the kitschy fun of the TV series.

Toy Story actually was pretty equal in the first and second one, but the third one, while it didn't suck, wasn't really funny anymore and turned into a very dark and serious film that left you with a WTF feeling.

haha top gun sequel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-14-2012, 22:43   #1015
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Quote:
hey nice we had an Austrian doing nearly the same yesterday :D

Old 10-14-2012, 22:46   #1016
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

so much to study right now... I am mostly browsing gt on my cell on the way to work, at 6 am, not much free time left.

Old 10-14-2012, 23:55   #1017
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
I am the night. I woke up close to the midnight hour for here, and the wife and daughter was going to bed shortly after. The morning watch is in effect at the home front.

Jumping out of perfectly good airplanes? OK. We have a man in business just over the river on the Missouri side from what I hear, who does that. He takes jumpers up, and tandem jumps with them.

I'm off for the week during Halloween. Our church has a big thing going on the second year in a row, for the community. It helps keep kids off of the street, and something to do, and a safe place for the kids to come to. Only we call it a harvest celebration, instead of Halloween. We don't actually engage in doing the stereotypical spooky stuff, because in its origins Halloween is not a Christian holiday.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17   #1018
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
Just remember a parachute is not required for jumping out of a plane. Only if you want to do it a second time.
Unless you are jumping at very low altitudes into water like a Navy SEAL but then they usually do that from helos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
Saw it too yesterday. Well it's ok.. people get killed, cars explode, the daughter is quite hot. The movie is just average. The embassy scene was stupid and he never reloaded during the car chase..
Maggie Grace was never that hot, she was just young. Her face is a bit strangely shaped and her nose is crooked. The mom was way hotter in the first one, she aged quite a bit in this one.

Liam Neeson had a way hotter girl, Diana Kruger, as his partner in Taken 1.5, aka "Unknown", which was pretty much the same movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
hey nice we had an Austrian doing nearly the same yesterday :D
The RedBull guy who did it from the edge of space was the only thing everyone could talk about at the place today.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16   #1019
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

I thought they did make a sequel to Top Gun. Wasn't Charlie Sheen in it?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27   #1020
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
I thought they did make a sequel to Top Gun. Wasn't Charlie Sheen in it?
No no no, you're thinking Platoon. That's the prequel. He was in the U.S. Marines in that one and then later he went and signed up for aviator school and became Top Gun.