Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:06   #581
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
I don't even live there anymore. We'll have to sneak you out and get you to the party.

Or even better, tell BOP you're going on deployment and take a road trip
If it gets bad enough for other agencies to put out the invite he might be able to do that. I don't remember if he has bus training or not.

Good to hear from you. Try to stay protected.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:15   #582
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
If it gets bad enough for other agencies to put out the invite he might be able to do that. I don't remember if he has bus training or not.

So far this is nothing but a bunch of hullabaloo and over reacting. She's moving too fast to really gain any strength and I'm too far inland to be bothered by anything less than a very strong Cat 3.

The current track does place the storm going right over my school, so I might get an extra day off to add to the Labor Day holiday.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03   #583
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
I don't even live there anymore. We'll have to sneak you out and get you to the party.

Or even better, tell BOP you're going on deployment and take a road trip

Quote:

No bus school yet, but not from lack of trying! They just haven't offered it since I've been off probation.

Quote:
So far this is nothing but a bunch of hullabaloo and over reacting. She's moving too fast to really gain any strength and I'm too far inland to be bothered by anything less than a very strong Cat 3.

The current track does place the storm going right over my school, so I might get an extra day off to add to the Labor Day holiday.
Woohoo! Hurricane Party at Woofie's!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42   #584
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
I left December 15.... I was sworn in at a different agency as a patrol monkey on December 19, which also happens to be the day my divorce was final......

Yeah, I've had an interesting 18 months.
Sorry to hear about the divorce, but glad for the new gig. I hope both are working out well. I guess after a GT hiatus for a while I should expect to not know what's going on any more.
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44   #585
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
I don't remember if he has bus training or not.
Is that training to ride or drive?
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47   #586
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
We were friends long before we were married and both agreed that just because we were getting divorced our friendship didnt need to suffer. We just got to a place where living together wasn't working out.
I can't believe I missed this. I understand how that goes; I've been lucky to have a few breakups go this route. But seriously, talk about starting a whole new life at once!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:49   #587
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyDammit View Post
Is that training to ride or drive?
Both, lol.

It's to get certified to transport inmates by bus. You have to get your CDL, or at least your CDL permit to attend the class, and maintain your CDL to remain bus certified. It's also a lot of shooting, from what I've been told; just as much if not more than when I got BPT qualified (which was pretty much 3 solid days on the range, including a night (well, early morning) shoot and stress shoot).

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 20:41   #588
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post

No bus school yet, but not from lack of trying! They just haven't offered it since I've been off probation.

Woohoo! Hurricane Party at Woofie's!
So school is shut down the rest of the week, I won't be back there until next Wednesday.. Got work tomorrow, but not sure about the rest of the week.

Party tomorrow night!!!1

Old 08-28-2012, 21:38   #589
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
So school is shut down the rest of the week, I won't be back there until next Wednesday.. Got work tomorrow, but not sure about the rest of the week.

Party tomorrow night!!!1
So, how was the party?

Went and took my daughter for passport photos today, in preparation for getting the passport process started next week.

She's growing up and getting ready for a missions trip to Panama at end of the year, as long as enough funds are raised.

Other than that, I feel like it's still Monday.
Old 08-29-2012, 00:24   #590
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
So, how was the party?

Went and took my daughter for passport photos today, in preparation for getting the passport process started next week.

She's growing up and getting ready for a missions trip to Panama at end of the year, as long as enough funds are raised.

Other than that, I feel like it's still Monday.
I have a friend who recently graduated med school who does frequent mission trips. I can hook you up with him if your daughter isn't picky about where the mission is going.

The party was underwhelming, but still fun. I've been having more fun with being threatened with arrest for being on the road from the sheriff's office, but I haven't been arrested yet.

Their behavior is very irritating (It violates our right to intrastate travel) and is only solidifying my decision to run for office when an opportunity arises.

Old 08-29-2012, 00:31   #591
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Back from my 24h shift - went to bed at 11pm got up at 6 am... nice to get money while sleeping

Got my books to study already but last entrance test in two weeks. Didnt expect the university to send me all the stuff that fast.
Looks manageable, but statistics could be a PITA.

Work sucks a little bit at the moment. I share my office with the mentioned stupid 40 year old female officer. She is the typical midlife crisis - no child, but spending money on designer stuff - woman.. with a dog.
Thinks she is important and unique, but is proven on a regular basis, that she is not. That ruins her world.

Also saw an entertaining tv show about Germans who got rich and famous in the USA.
A DJ-designer-bodybuilder, two slut-partyplanner girls, an older cartuning-company-owner and a magician, oh also some kind of casting-agency coke addicted single woman in her 50s.

Most of them earned quite a lot of money.
Life is not fair, how can they all get working permissions, green cards and such opportunities to get wealthy.

The two girls said that they started working as dancers... 25 years of age, former sales assistants and that was two or three years ago.
How can they get working permissions...HOOOWWW?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54   #592
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
I have a friend who recently graduated med school who does frequent mission trips. I can hook you up with him if your daughter isn't picky about where the mission is going.

The party was underwhelming, but still fun. I've been having more fun with being threatened with arrest for being on the road from the sheriff's office, but I haven't been arrested yet.

Their behavior is very irritating (It violates our right to intrastate travel) and is only solidifying my decision to run for office when an opportunity arises.
Interesting concerning the medical mission trips. I'll have to ask my daughter about it later. Right now my daughter is going with Global Expeditions out of Texas. They are worldwide, as well as doing home missions in this country. Interdenominational as well, and oriented primarily towards youth; however they also deal with the rest of the world.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.globalexpeditions.com/

If interested in supporting my daughter I have posted in here her ID number, but I won't post her name without her permission. If anyone knows of anyone who is interested in going on a trip with them, the web site will tell how to do that. Even adults go at times.

This is my daughter's missionary ID number for Global Expeditions: ID# is 2682354.

Last edited by Hack; 08-29-2012 at 07:59..
Old 08-29-2012, 19:50   #593
Agent6-3/8

Pretty rough day here. We had two troopers and a deputy shot last night. One trooper died on scene and the other is barely haning on life support. The deputy will recover thankfully. Spent as much time as possible today at the hospital between calls.

At least the BG got the **** shot out of him and was DRT...

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
Old 08-30-2012, 01:19   #594
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
oh that doesnt sound good....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48   #595
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Prayers for all, Agent 6.375.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52   #596
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Pretty rough day here. We had two troopers and a deputy shot last night. One trooper died on scene and the other is barely haning on life support. The deputy will recover thankfully. Spent as much time as possible today at the hospital between calls.

At least the BG got the **** shot out of him and was DRT...

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
Prayers en route.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52   #597
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

Sorry to hear about the situation there, Agent. Terrible.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55   #598
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

Hey, Horror - you need to send me an IM with a German translation of our Miranda Warning (it can be googled anywhere I imagine). Arrested a swiss guy who claimed he didn't speak any english (I'm certain he did) but I'd like to make sure I was gettting it right.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:32   #599
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Hey, Horror - you need to send me an IM with a German translation of our Miranda Warning (it can be googled anywhere I imagine). Arrested a swiss guy who claimed he didn't speak any english (I'm certain he did) but I'd like to make sure I was gettting it right.
Has the Swiss Consulate been called? They can explain it to him full and in detail, with no misunderstandings attached.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11   #600
Horror
Polizei

Send a message via ICQ to Horror
“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?”

„Sie haben das Recht zu schweigen. Alles was Sie sagen, kann und wird vor Gericht gegen Sie verwendet werden. Sie haben das Recht, zu jeder Vernehmung einen Verteidiger hinzuzuziehen. Wenn Sie sich keinen Verteidiger leisten können, wird Ihnen einer gestellt.“

Haben Sie die Rechte verstanden, die ich Ihnen soeben gesagt habe?