Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:53   #41
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
okay, you get 18C/65F and heavy rain + wind.
Hey a few days of that would actually be welcome by a lot of us over here. It's been so freaking hot a person could fry an egg on the asphalt without a problem. I actually enjoy being at work in a cool environment verses being outside frying my brain out.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01   #42
Horror
Polizei

Send a message via ICQ to Horror
one reason why I travel to Vegas at the end of November.

to avoid the heat.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15   #43
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
one reason why I travel to Vegas at the end of November.

to avoid the heat.
Right. I don't see how people live there, and enjoy it. I know it is a much drier heat than where I live presently, which makes it a bit more bearable for them, I'm sure.

End of this next week, and we're off to NY Upstate a couple of days afterwards. I am kind of looking forward to getting there, where hopefully it is a bit cooler, and also take about a half day to enjoy Niagara Falls.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:48   #44
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
I am happy about all the rain here, cant stand the heat. No AC in my office.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:49   #45
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

So I went to a MOPAR meeting today at a very small racetrack about an hour away.
Lots of awesome cars there, oh I would love to have one of these, the sound is just unbelievable good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:07   #46
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Cop Talk

Old 07-07-2012, 09:09   #47
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Old 07-07-2012, 09:30   #48
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Any of you guys ever order from LA Police gear? Decent company to deal with?
I have a few times.

First time, I ordered a bunch of things, waited for a month, wondered what happened... being they are really only about an hour away from me... After a few calls, they said 2 items were sold out and they were waiting for the order to be complete before shipping it out to me.

I said you could have called me or even emailed to let me know you were holding the whole order. I would have told you to ship what you got and cancel the rest or wait on the rest or whatever. So they finally shipped what they had and I just cancelled the out of stock items.

The second time, after reading some reviews, I just ordered and wrote in the special instructions and comments, "Cancel any backordered or sold out items, do not wait, just ship what is in stock immediately."

They shipped right away and I got my order in a few days. Their prices are decent but it's cancelled out by me having to pay CA sales tax because it's local so the 8.75% and shipping sorta ruins it.

Honestly, I have been buying from ****** a lot because they don't charge for shipping or tax, even though they are in CA. Their price is the price and they have been shipping super fast. Everytime I order something, it's here in 2 days.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:34   #49
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
So I went to a MOPAR meeting today at a very small racetrack about an hour away.
Lots of awesome cars there, oh I would love to have one of these, the sound is just unbelievable good.
Next time you come, I take you to Cars & Coffee and Supercar Sunday. You will see anything there is to see about cars.

You will get so jaded that it's not even funny.

Last few weekends, there were 5 Aventadors, tons of R8s, lots of Gallardos, Vipers, 8 McLaren MP4s, assorted Ferraris (599, California, 458, etc.), along with tons and tons of classic muscle cars like the Mopars, classic Mustangs, Stingray Corvettes, 69 Camaro, GT54-0, AC Cobra, Veyron, you name it.

PM me your address, gotta send out your stuff before it becomes collectible.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10   #50
Agent6-3/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I haven't dealt with them. Streichers; Galls; AD Meyers, (mostly uniforms with AD Meyers). I have had pretty good luck with all three.
Thanks Hack!

Streicher's actually had the gloves I wanted in stock! (Hatch PPG1)

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
Old 07-07-2012, 11:03   #51
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Cop Talk

Nice 1969 Roadrunner. Needs to be in a factory color though.

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:21   #52
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Cop Talk

The 1972 "Bloatrunner"!

Mine was the 1971 version with the 440 Super Commando 6 barrel set up. It ran poorly at slow speeds and was happy when driven fast. The military police and I became rather acquainted over that car. The MPs were nicer than my CO was about the speed issue.

I bought it for $2800 used and sold it for $7500 when the price of gas began to exceed my meager income, the legal difficulties in owning it became a headache, and prices on muscle cars started to take off.

Ah, the fun I had in that car.

Bastard! - TBO
Old 07-07-2012, 14:31   #53
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Good luck, and watch for that fine print.
I plan on it. The realtor is supposed to call me back to let me know when he can show it to me Monday or Tuesday. If I don't hear from him tomorrow, I think he's going to get a phone call bright and early Monday morning, lol. I've already put in for pre-approval for a VA mortgage; should have that Monday as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Uncle CJs cabin!
Lol, yeah, that's kinda my plan; a cabin in the woods. I'm sick and tired of all the crap in the city, and want a little room, ya know?

I drove past the place on my way home last night, and again in the daylight on my way in today. It looks decent; a lot more hilly and more woods than the pictures show, but I actually like that. I couldn't see the back part of the property from the road, though.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 19:37   #54
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Sounds kind of nice CJ.

I want a place with just a small amount of acreage, when we figure out where we are going to retire at. It's going to have to be just large enough to not only maintain ourselves with, but to also make a little for expenses for running the place. However, my main concern now is my age, in regard to this type of thing. But, even if it's just a couple of acres that is large enough to sustain a small green house, that would be great. I don't really plan on having any animals unless it is animals that can thrive off of grass land, or some such, and be left alone with a natural means of sustenance from off of the land, other than a pet to have with us while travelling a little.

Sometimes it sucks getting old, knowing that we have an expiration date on these bodies in the future.

Last edited by Hack; 07-07-2012 at 19:37..
Old 07-07-2012, 19:41   #55
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Those older cars were something else back in the day. Easier to keep maintained for the most part too. It is a conspiracy I tell you, LOL. I used to have a Plymouth Volare, and for my first car a Plymouth Valiant. The Valiant was fairly good running, but I drove my first car hard and rough as a kid. My other one got totalled out as well, quite a few years later. Both were fairly good running cars, and reliable. The best thing I remember about the older MOPAR cars is that they would start in the coldest winters without any real problems, whereas others needed road service.
Old 07-07-2012, 19:52   #56
blueiron
Clown move, bro

My Roadrunner was a rocketsled in a straightline, but when turning, it wallowed like a cruise ship in a typhoon.

Bastard! - TBO
Old 07-07-2012, 19:58   #57
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Sounds kind of nice CJ.

I want a place with just a small amount of acreage, when we figure out where we are going to retire at. It's going to have to be just large enough to not only maintain ourselves with, but to also make a little for expenses for running the place. However, my main concern now is my age, in regard to this type of thing. But, even if it's just a couple of acres that is large enough to sustain a small green house, that would be great. I don't really plan on having any animals unless it is animals that can thrive off of grass land, or some such, and be left alone with a natural means of sustenance from off of the land, other than a pet to have with us while travelling a little.

Sometimes it sucks getting old, knowing that we have an expiration date on these bodies in the future.
Yeah, that's part of why I'm going ahead and getting the house, area, and acreage I want now, so hopefully it can be close to paid off by the time I retire, and I can enjoy it now. As I was driving back last night after driving past it, there were a few deer in a neighbor's front yard, just having a good time chomping on the grass. That's the kind of area I want, where it's calm enough for that.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-07-2012, 20:08   #58
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Small house, huge acreage = shooting off of the porch. YAY!

Bastard! - TBO
Old 07-07-2012, 20:11   #59
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Yeah, that's part of why I'm going ahead and getting the house, area, and acreage I want now, so hopefully it can be close to paid off by the time I retire, and I can enjoy it now. As I was driving back last night after driving past it, there were a few deer in a neighbor's front yard, just having a good time chomping on the grass. That's the kind of area I want, where it's calm enough for that.
That's cool. We have that on the property at work here. Deer, all of the time, and lately a fox has been competing for space with the skunks, and other smaller mammalian wild life, LOL.

If it wasn't for the price of property, I would be tempted to just stay put, since we are pretty involved in our church on the outside. But, I am still thinking that one through. Nothing against them, it just may come to a time to move on, and do other things. This is why I am still thinking of getting either a motorhome or a travel trailer, so we can look a little around the country, then make our decision on where to stay put. If nothing else a paid for RV slip with garden space, and a little room to build a cottage would be good.

Quote:
blueiron My Roadrunner was a rocketsled in a straightline, but when turning, it wallowed like a cruise ship in a typhoon.
Yeah, it seemed those larger muscle cars were like that. I didn't really care for those, because of fuel cost.

Last edited by Hack; 07-07-2012 at 20:14..
Old 07-07-2012, 20:21   #60
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Small house, huge acreage = shooting off of the porch. YAY!
Yep. When I drove past, it looked like there's a good hillside in the back I can shoot into, as well!

Quote:
That's cool. We have that on the property at work here. Deer, all of the time, and lately a fox has been competing for space with the skunks, and other smaller mammalian wild life, LOL.

If it wasn't for the price of property, I would be tempted to just stay put, since we are pretty involved in our church on the outside. But, I am still thinking that one through. Nothing against them, it just may come to a time to move on, and do other things. This is why I am still thinking of getting either a motorhome or a travel trailer, so we can look a little around the country, then make our decision on where to stay put. If nothing else a paid for RV slip with garden space, and a little room to build a cottage would be good.
I hear you on that. Btw, did you get my message on Groupwise?

Quote: