Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-24-2012, 19:53   #561
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
is it the same with female officers in the US being stupid girls allthough 40 years old?
Stupidity has no age limit.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 19:55   #562
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
is it the same with female officers in the US being stupid girls allthough 40 years old?
Based on my experience - more so.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 20:23   #563
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Stupidity has no age limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Based on my experience - more so.
Considering I've seen a female staff member older than that walked out and arrested for ****ing an inmate, I'd have to agree.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 21:40   #564
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Age indeed is not a limitation concerning stupidity. I have seen several people go due to stupidity.

Then there are the ones that make the news. Quite some time ago, (no link to story, that I know of, as it expired), there was a mayor of small town who got in trouble, while working at a state joint. Bringing jeans in for an inmate, and was intimately involved with him, (same gender). Figure that one out.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 23:26   #565
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Well, got up and joined the living. I was in bed until about 2130, and was asleep for most of that since 0930. Sleeping was definitely necessary today. Four days of work in two days took it out of me, plus a couple days before all of that I was having trouble sleeping. I still haven't caught up on my sleep deficit yet.

Funny thing about rest and such. I have been hearing second hand through people at work, who have talked with retirees. Most have said as soon as you are eligible to retire do so. And, in addition said you are a fool not to do so, so forth and so on. Apparently the life of a correctional officer is not easy, even thought the job itself may not be all that hard where I work at. Supposedly the stresses that you incur, that you are not aware of do accumulate over time.

I would think as well though that the stresses of not having as much money come in, (until you have income replacement set up), and lifestyle adjustments to go with retirement would be just as important. I have seen quite a number of people who have gone on to work part time jobs, and full time jobs to replace the income loss from having to retire from the US government job that they were in. Some don't have to work, if they have been able to save up enough in their retirement accounts, and their savings accounts to make up for the loss of income, especially for the first year.

The reason that I say the first year, is that there are retirees who have not been getting their full allotted income streams for most of the first year. There is one whom I know of who has been retired for nearly twelve months, and still she is not getting everything owed to her. It seems that there are people who are in charge of getting people's income set up who are being overwhelmed by the amount of people whom are retiring from federal work, both from within their agencies, and Office of Personnel Management. Quite ridiculous really. you would think that once a person's local human resources department have sent off all of the paperwork that it would be a matter of hitting a few buttons to get the retirement rolling in.

As a result I have decided that during my last year that I am saving up at least a full four weeks of vacation, if not a full five weeks, and taking off with the use of sick leave as often as practicable, (in order to use up some of what I have on the books), in order to force them to give me about a months income to start with, and during that time getting a temporary career to go with until I get my full retirement in.
Old 08-26-2012, 00:35   #566
indigent
Bamboozled

My hats off to you Hack, I spent a little over 10 years in the jail and couldn't imagine 10 more.......
Old 08-26-2012, 00:35   #567
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Considering I've seen a female staff member older than that walked out and arrested for ****ing an inmate, I'd have to agree.
Was it her? I'm guessing it was her. She sure is a looker

Cop Talk
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 00:38   #568
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
My hats off to you Hack, I spent a little over 10 years in the jail and couldn't imagine 10 more.......
Amen! At least we deal with some normal people on the street... some is a relative term, but you know what I mean.

BTW Indi - When did you leave the jail?
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 00:47   #569
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyDammit View Post
Amen! At least we deal with some normal people on the street... some is a relative term, but you know what I mean.

Quote:
GumbyDammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent

Thanks both. Four years and a couple of months to about seven years are left to me, unless they raise the retirement age. In which case I may just keep on working a little longer. The poor rookies will be thinking, "When is that old dinosaur leaving so I can move up a step in seniority?" Heck some are already thinking that.

A jail is different than a prison. We have what constitutes a overall community, with communities within communities in the federal prisons. Most of the ones that I deal with now just want to do their time, and participate in the programs that will help them a bit, and then get out to start a new life. It's kind of uncanny the differences there are between that and the penitentiary level, or even the jail. The closest thing that we have to a jail are MDC and MCC facilities that have a lot of detainees being held for trial. I hear those places can indeed get interesting.

Last edited by Hack; 08-26-2012 at 00:50..
Old 08-26-2012, 00:48   #570
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:

I left December 15.... I was sworn in at a different agency as a patrol monkey on December 19, which also happens to be the day my divorce was final......

Yeah, I've had an interesting 18 months.

Last edited by indigent; 08-26-2012 at 00:49..
indigent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 00:48   #571
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Was it her? I'm guessing it was her. She sure is a looker

Cop Talk
Hey you never know, that lady could probably whip some back side back in the day.

Besides she looks better than some of the ones caught up in a trick bag lately.
Old 08-26-2012, 00:49   #572
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
I left December 15.... I was sworn in at a different agency on December 19, which also happens to be the day my divorce was final......

Yeah, I've had an interesting 18 months.
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the divorce. I keep thinking that you mentioned that before on CT.
Old 08-26-2012, 00:54   #573
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the divorce. I keep thinking that you mentioned that before on CT.
I probably did. A few here know (Cochese and KahrGlockMan), its no big deal I suppose. It was a (mostly) amicable split. We are still friends, which I'm sure makes things easier for our daughter. As they say, life will go on....
Old 08-26-2012, 01:00   #574
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
I probably did. A few here know (Cochese and KahrGlockMan), its no big deal I suppose. It was a (mostly) amicable split. We are still friends, which I'm sure makes things easier for our daughter. As they say, life will go on....
It is good that you two are still friends. I have one relative who when she was divorced the two decided to remain on the same property, and they live out in the country. They got along better divorced than they did as husband and wife. Although in a way that is kind of sad.

But, as you say, "Life will go on."
Old 08-26-2012, 01:10   #575
indigent
Bamboozled

We were friends long before we were married and both agreed that just because we were getting divorced our friendship didnt need to suffer. We just got to a place where living together wasn't working out.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19   #576
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
We were friends long before we were married and both agreed that just because we were getting divorced our friendship didnt need to suffer. We just got to a place where living together wasn't working out.
I hear you there. Sometimes it gets that way for folks. I have known people who opted to just do separate housing, because neither of the two were seeking others to have relations with. Sometimes it was close by each other, and share common yard space. Everyone has their ways of dealing with issues like these.

Admittedly I have been blessed with a wife who can stand me, and vice versa, plus we have a wonderful daughter. Our daughter is now an adult, so she is feeling her way into the adult world a little at a time. Eventually she will want a place of her own, so that she can have her space; however for now she is home. We have encouraged her to stay until she gets on her feet, and has some money saved for a house, or somewhere else to live.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:20   #577
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Well, starting on a project that I should have been doing for a good while now. I had just been too lazy to mess with it.

Looking through my stored kefir for grains, (kefir starter), and getting them back up to snuff through re-inoculation. After a couple of weeks or so my kefir production should be getting back up.
Old 08-26-2012, 19:43   #578
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Just checking in before the storm. If this hits like Gustav did I might be living on river front property afterwards.

You're all invited to the party.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 19:46   #579
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Just checking in before the storm. If this hits like Gustav did I might be living on river front property afterwards.

You're all invited to the party.
If it hits like Gustav did, I might be back down there to see you, lol.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 20:02   #580
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
If it hits like Gustav did, I might be back down there to see you, lol.
I don't even live there anymore. We'll have to sneak you out and get you to the party.

Or even better, tell BOP you're going on deployment and take a road trip

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote