Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 19:06   #541
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Well, all the required documents are now uploaded to CBP. Now the waiting and working out begins, lol.
Good luck with that.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 20:08   #542
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,875
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Medicine. Nothing like those fun sessions of being invasive.
This wasn't too invasive, really, but it was irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Good luck with that.
Thanks!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 20:09   #543
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,652
Blog Entries: 1
Country grits with some fresh drawn butter and crumbled bacon bits, along with big fat country sausage links, with meat, not like the shrunken little brown dried up turds we get from Farmer John... oh yeah....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 20:26   #544
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Country grits with some fresh drawn butter and crumbled bacon bits, along with big fat country sausage links, with meat, not like the shrunken little brown dried up turds we get from Farmer John... oh yeah....
I work with some Southerners here, so it gets kind of interesting concerning the combinations of grits and ... I had one fellow who took a couple of smoked turkey legs, and heated that up in a pot of greens, (one of my favourites). Grits of course go well with that. Then another I knew of wasn't even from the South, but had been affected by Southern influences. Grits with fish, grits with liver and gravy, basically about anything that some folks may have potatoes with, he had grits with. Then a fellow from SC liked various combos of grits and shrimp, and what have you.

Not eating pork any more I go a different route with grits than some may, but I can guarantee the Southern style of grits dish, when I do have that. Unfortunately being diabetic it is not as often as it used to be.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.

Last edited by Hack; 08-21-2012 at 20:27..
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 21:30   #545
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese
 
GumbyDammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Not nearly close enough to Fiji
Posts: 3,807
My mom is from Georgia so my favorite breakfast growing up was toast with a couple of over easy eggs on top, followed by some spicy pork sausage and the whole plate smothered in her special grits that included bacon and about a pound of cheddar cheese. It's still my favorite but I never eat it because my wife is from California and knows nothing of these grits... and I want to live past 50.
__________________
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 21:41   #546
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyDammit View Post
My mom is from Georgia so my favorite breakfast growing up was toast with a couple of over easy eggs on top, followed by some spicy pork sausage and the whole plate smothered in her special grits that included bacon and about a pound of cheddar cheese. It's still my favorite but I never eat it because my wife is from California and knows nothing of these grits... and I want to live past 50.
Enjoy a little once in a while, and drink a glass of red wine once a day.

Read what is in the link I pasted in. You may be surprised as to what you can eat.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

FWIW a lot of it has to do with DNA more than anything else, but I also agree with the guy who wrote the Maker's Diet book, that as long as you eat what G-d has intended for people to eat you will be find. Even Noah knew which animals were clean and unclean, and probably ate accordingly, so it's not just for the Jewish folk.

Therefore, I limit my intake of preserved meats. I do occasionally have some kosher hot dogs, or sausage if I can find it, but if that is not available I stick to clean animals to eat; lots of legumes; vegetables; some fruits; green foods; easy on the starches, (diabetic, and I weigh a lot); and use olive oil, or canola oil in your cooking. Goose fat, and chicken fat is somewhat healthy as well, given the amount of mono-unsaturated fat that is contained in the animal fat.

I am still working on things, as I do get rebellious from time to time.

Even with not living that clean of a life style, as to what I eat, and the amount of exercise I get, I will probably at least live into the eighties, if not beyond; unless G-d says otherwise.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:37   #547
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,235
Send a message via ICQ to Horror


I got caught in real heavy rain last night on the Autobahn.

It was so bad I actually had to leave the autobahn and stop because no normal driving was possible anymore.

I uploaded my dashcam video. at 03:00 its got really bad and I decided to get off find my way on the off-ramp.

__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17   #548
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post


I got caught in real heavy rain last night on the Autobahn.

It was so bad I actually had to leave the autobahn and stop because no normal driving was possible anymore.

I uploaded my dashcam video. at 03:00 its got really bad and I decided to get off find my way on the off-ramp.

Dash Cam - Heavy Rain - YouTube
We have that here on occasion. Albeit much rarer with the darn drought.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26   #549
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,875
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post


I got caught in real heavy rain last night on the Autobahn.

It was so bad I actually had to leave the autobahn and stop because no normal driving was possible anymore.

I uploaded my dashcam video. at 03:00 its got really bad and I decided to get off find my way on the off-ramp.

Dash Cam - Heavy Rain - YouTube
We get that pretty regularly here; I've lost count of how many times I've had to pull over or pull off the interstate due to rain so heavy I could barely see out of the car.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:40   #550
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post


I got caught in real heavy rain last night on the Autobahn.

It was so bad I actually had to leave the autobahn and stop because no normal driving was possible anymore.

I uploaded my dashcam video. at 03:00 its got really bad and I decided to get off find my way on the off-ramp.

Dash Cam - Heavy Rain - YouTube
Did you advise dispatch that you were encountering a light misting?
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57   #551
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.
 
SPDSNYPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 6,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post


I got caught in real heavy rain last night on the Autobahn.

It was so bad I actually had to leave the autobahn and stop because no normal driving was possible anymore.

I uploaded my dashcam video. at 03:00 its got really bad and I decided to get off find my way on the off-ramp.

Dash Cam - Heavy Rain - YouTube
1. That was much better music than the last time you posted a dash-cam vid. Who is that playing?

2. I remember rain vaguely. I have had the top off my jeep for about 4-5 months now. My seat has gotten wet once in that time. I might cry if I saw rain again.
__________________
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only matched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite
SPDSNYPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 16:43   #552
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,235
Send a message via ICQ to Horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post

I've lost count of how many times I've had to pull over or pull off the interstate due to rain so heavy I could barely see out of the car.
first time for me.
__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 16:47   #553
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,235
Send a message via ICQ to Horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
1. That was much better music than the last time you posted a dash-cam vid. Who is that playing?
I always play/listen to selected good music!

1st song is: Sabaton - Back In Control

2nd is hard to understand because of the rain but I think it is Sabaton - Into The Fire
__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 13:21   #554
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,537
Rifle qualifications today. Went fine and a nice sunny day to be on he range! Burnt the crap out of my arm when I went prone on a pile of hot cases though...


Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 13:28   #555
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,875
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Rifle qualifications today. Went fine and a nice sunny day to be on he range! Burnt the crap out of my arm when I went prone on a pile of hot cases though...


Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
Nice! I'm hoping to get out to the range either later this week or early next week. I need to zero that Colt, dammit!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 14:45   #556
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,728
I need to do the same. Get qualified and get my Colt zeroed in as well. Maybe I'll get two range days next week.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 22:05   #557
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,537
Readjusting my internal clock to days sucks. Got to be up at 0415, but I can't sleep... Been like this for a week now. I'll probably get adjusted about the time I rotate back to nights next month...


Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:11   #558
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese
 
GumbyDammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Not nearly close enough to Fiji
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Enjoy a little once in a while, and drink a glass of red wine once a day.

Read what is in the link I pasted in. You may be surprised as to what you can eat.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

FWIW a lot of it has to do with DNA more than anything else, but I also agree with the guy who wrote the Maker's Diet book, that as long as you eat what G-d has intended for people to eat you will be find. Even Noah knew which animals were clean and unclean, and probably ate accordingly, so it's not just for the Jewish folk.

Therefore, I limit my intake of preserved meats. I do occasionally have some kosher hot dogs, or sausage if I can find it, but if that is not available I stick to clean animals to eat; lots of legumes; vegetables; some fruits; green foods; easy on the starches, (diabetic, and I weigh a lot); and use olive oil, or canola oil in your cooking. Goose fat, and chicken fat is somewhat healthy as well, given the amount of mono-unsaturated fat that is contained in the animal fat.

I am still working on things, as I do get rebellious from time to time.

Even with not living that clean of a life style, as to what I eat, and the amount of exercise I get, I will probably at least live into the eighties, if not beyond; unless G-d says otherwise.
Yeah, I definitely think "moderation in all things" is a pretty good rule to live by. Problem is I'm not a great moderator!!

I'll check out the link. Thanks!
__________________
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

Last edited by GumbyDammit; 08-24-2012 at 02:12..
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:44   #559
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,875
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Readjusting my internal clock to days sucks. Got to be up at 0415, but I can't sleep... Been like this for a week now. I'll probably get adjusted about the time I rotate back to nights next month...


Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile
It would usually take me about a week or so to get adjusted. The best thing I can tell you is to just gut through it and have lots of caffeine during the day, but none as it gets near bedtime.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 15:34   #560
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,829
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
is it the same with female officers in the US being stupid girls allthough 40 years old?
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 806
240 Members
566 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31