SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2012, 15:17   #1
dannym
Kill 'Em All

Crimson Trace MVF-515

Thinking about getting one to add a vertical grip/light/laser all in one for a home defense FS2000. Any opinions on the mvf-515? Is it good to go? It feels like it fits my needs but wanted to find out if there were any reason not to get it before I ordered it.
dannym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 17:57   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym View Post
Thinking about getting one to add a vertical grip/light/laser all in one for a home defense FS2000. Any opinions on the mvf-515? Is it good to go? It feels like it fits my needs but wanted to find out if there were any reason not to get it before I ordered it.
In the IT world, we call it a single point of failure. I prefer individual devices for light, laser, optic, etc. Plus, I'm not sure how comfortable the foregrip would be on a bullpup rifle.
Old 06-12-2012, 19:25   #3
dannym
Kill 'Em All

I have a AFG2 and a Crimson Trace Rail Master to put on the tri rail that I've ordered for the fs2k and planned on going with that as all I would need is a light. After reading about all the 'awards' that the mvf-515 has won it peaked my interest.
dannym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 19:44   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym View Post
I have a AFG2 and a Crimson Trace Rail Master to put on the tri rail that I've ordered for the fs2k and planned on going with that as all I would need is a light. After reading about all the 'awards' that the mvf-515 has won it peaked my interest.
I wouldn't worry about the laser so much, really. It is going to be offset both horizontally AND vertically (unless you can cram it onto the bottom rail), making it very difficult to use effectively. If you actually zero it at a set range, you will have a nasty offset at shorter AND longer distances. If you run the beam parallel to the bore, you'll have to hold off both horizontally and vertically to account for that offset.

I'd suggest investing in a good light and a red dot optic long before worrying about the laser.
Old 06-12-2012, 21:04   #5
K. Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
I'd suggest investing in a good light and a red dot optic long before worrying about the laser.
Totally agree.
Old 06-12-2012, 21:39   #6
Cole125
Silver Membership

Crimson Trace puts out high quality products that are well worth the money, and I am sure the MVF515 is no exception.

All I can suggest is before you buy it buy/borrow a cheap vertical grip and make sure that set up works for you on your gun. I am skeptical of a vertical grip on a bull pup, there may be better options out there for your needs.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote