GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:44   #1
DoctaGlockta

What do you expect with a possible BHO loss in November?

With the recent win in WI of Scott Walker and the response to that win from the Liberal Progressives (threats, including death threats) I have to wonder what will be the response with a BHO loss in November.

I can't see things going very well in the short term after the election. I'm not trying to fear monger here just look realistically at the situation and attempt to prepare accordingly.

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52   #2
glock_19guy1983

same response if he wins. Riots, looting, and cars burned and overturned. Just like when the saints lose or win.
"Our situation illustrates the American idea that governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established."
glock_19guy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 13:09   #3
NDCent
Socially Inept

Probably a good thing the GZ trial isn't expected until next year.
Old 06-06-2012, 13:12   #4
Numismatist
5-Stand!

Let's get through the Supreme Court dumping healthcare first
Remington 1100 LT Sporting 20 shotgun
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 13:40   #5
pugman

As a life long Wisconsinite, I can tell you Walker "winning" (he already won...this recall was just to appease a greedy union) hasn't changed anything.

This county and state is as divided today as it has been the past ten years....I dare to say it might even be more so. I know a lot of people who voted for Walker just as a middle finger to the union - it wasn't about money, CCW, taxes, etc

Most polls here in Wisconsin have Obama leading by as much as 14 points; although whispers from his campaign have called Wisconsin now a coin-toss state.

Think about this objectively for a second: the recall was fueled by the fact Walker took a little something from public workers. This recall was spearheaded by the union. Greece's financial crisis has a lot of causes..the rioting was fueled more by the series of austerities imposed on the people...in other words Greece took a little something from a large entitlement class.

If Romney wins, and he doesn't touch the entitlements, those potential rioters won't do a darn thing. Very few people in this country vote conscious, morals or something intangible - when it gets down to it I bet 75-80% of this country votes pocketbook. Who will fill mine with yours or let me keep more of mine from you. I haven't read anything which leads me to believe Romney will touch those on the dole

From his own website I see nothing in his plan about cutting those programs.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/labor

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/spending

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/social-security

Look at social security. Right from the site "President Obama has had three years in office, during which time he has attacked every serious proposal to preserve and strengthen America’s entitlement programs"

We shouldn't be looking at ways to maintain these programs - someone should be seriously looking at ways to eliminate them. Every economist under the sun knows Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc are simply unsustainable in the long term.

If O loses and R wins...as long as those government checks keep printing no one will bat an eye. I will vote...and as always I vote issues and results...which basically means I will vote for anyone not Obama

Last edited by pugman; 06-06-2012 at 13:41..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 13:40   #6
Bushflyr
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ

Massive deregulation of the financial markets, followed by a short run up, then a massive crash that makes the Bush recession look like a mouse fart.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

That which does not kill you has made a tactical error. --Tayler
Bushflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 14:03   #7
quake

As far as:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
...Very few people in this country vote conscious, morals or something intangible...
goes,

This right here:
Quote:
...when it gets down to it I bet 75-80% of this country votes pocketbook. Who will fill mine with yours or let me keep more of mine from you.
absolutely IS me voting my conscience & morals. My morals include "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours. I'll agree to help people out of what's mine when I can, and I'd like them to agree to not take what's mine by force".

The state our nation is in now, for an honest working person, voting "pocketbook" is absolutely equal to voting "morals" nowadays.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 16:19   #8
Carry16

IMHO stay away from the big cities and everything will be fine....same as always.
Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 16:30   #9
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
Most polls here in Wisconsin have Obama leading by as much as 14 points; although whispers from his campaign have called Wisconsin now a coin-toss state.
One thing that was surely exposed (again!) was the bankrupt nature of the "polls," run by the same crowd as runs the media. I was watching the day closely from Calif., and we were hearing either (a) it was too close to call or (b) the massive turnout favored the Sociali... uh, the Democrats. All of that was BS. In the world of politics a 7 point win is a big, comfortable win.

So those same exit polls that were so wrong on Walker, are now considered accurately predictive of a 14 pt Obama lead? Pfff, my BS detector is overheating. The media will be shoveling shirt (minus 'r') until the election is over, and then they'll shovel a different load of it.

We don't have a mainstream media anymore; it's an adjunct to the Sociali... dang, I did it again: I mean the Democrat party.

Anybody hear little-man Blitzer on CNN get all depressed as he had to announce Walker's win? LOL! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
absolutely IS me voting my conscience & morals. My morals include "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours. I'll agree to help people out of what's mine when I can, and I'd like them to agree to not take what's mine by force".
The state our nation is in now, for an honest working person, voting "pocketbook" is absolutely equal to voting "morals" nowadays.
Quake, how do you feel about being worshipped? I am building an altar right now, do you like chickens? Or should I sacrifice a chocolate bar? Can of Spam?

Finally, someone who understands that private property IS an issue that belongs on the moral high-ground! Ownership IS moral! Thank you!!

Regards the OP's question, it's nice to see someone at least considering the possibility of Obama losing on this forum! That's progress.

If Obie loses, I'll rip my clothes off and run around Los Angeles screaming in joy. I'll probably be mistaken for a looter and shot. You'll know it was me when you hear the media underscoring that a naked _white_ looter of Hispanic descent was shot.

Last edited by Bolster; 06-06-2012 at 16:46..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 16:42   #10
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Based on precedent, there should only be a problem if theres a disparity between the electoral college and the popular vote.

If its a replay of 2000 and Romney gets the electoral but not the popular, there will be court challenges, a move on to change the system and possibly some acts of frustration.

If its clear, no matter the disappointment there won't be any point in rioting, not that there ever is, really, but…

Usually there is a unity statement, lets unite behind the victor, etc.

I do not believe that BHO has the integrity to give a good one, and its going to be bitter vitriol and me me me if its close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 16:47   #11
jdavionic
NRA Member

I expect numerous legal challenges...like this -
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/06/04/o...p_FrontPageMag

As the challenges heat up, we won't have a response like the 'hanging chads'. This radical president has a radical following that will not peacefully fade in the shadows.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 16:51   #12
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

I expect to dance. I haven't danced in 20 years and I sucked back then. It won't be pretty, but I will dance!
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 18:34   #13
Stonewall308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushflyr View Post
Massive deregulation of the financial markets, followed by a short run up, then a massive crash that makes the Bush recession look like a mouse fart.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

You apparently are in a VERY small minority of people who are easily brainwashed by liberal propaganda, yet still own a gun.

The 2007 recession was precipitated by bad government regulation, not deregulation. Believe it or not, there is a strong correlation between government regulation requiring private banks to issue subprime loans to unqualified buyers, and a crisis caused by subprime loans issued to unqualified buyers.
Old 06-06-2012, 18:46   #14
MMII

If O gets the boot?

I think the song goes like this:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Ev'rything is satisfactual
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir!

My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

It's the truth, it's actual
Wonderful feeling, feeling this way

It is the truth, it's actual... huh?
Where is that bluebird? Mm-hm!
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!
MMII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 20:57   #15
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
...Quake... do you like chickens? Or should I sacrifice a chocolate bar? Can of Spam?
As long as it's bacon spam, any or all of the three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
...If Obie loses, I'll rip my clothes off and run around Los Angeles screaming in joy...
I'll remember to avoid the los angeles news footage that night. Personally, I'd likely stay up late drinking jack & coke, smoking a domincan 5x50 and posting incoherent blatherings on glocktalk; and take the following morning off work. To paraphrase Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the boss."

(Well technically, my wife's the boss. I'm just the owner.)

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:04   #16
cowboy1964

There ain't going to be riots in the streets. But the stock market will take off, etc. The sentiment/mood of the country, in general, will totally reverse itself from the downhill slide it's been taking.

Remember when you heard Bin Laden had been killed? The night BHO loses will be *almost* as good.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 06-06-2012 at 21:05..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:43   #17
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

I expect it to rain Skittles and I'll see unicorns jumping over rainbows.
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:58   #18
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
You guys sure are excited to see O go. I dont like him either but Mitt's anti gun past scares me.
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 23:59   #19
9mm +p+

Ha, like he's going to lose...
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23   #20
RatDrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejellster05 View Post
You guys sure are excited to see O go. I dont like him either but Mitt's anti gun past scares me.
Mittens will make an excellent Democrat President

Don't worry, he, like a lot of Fudd conservatives, only favors "common sense" gun regulations
RatDrall is offline   Reply With Quote