Why so serious?

Seattle shooter had permit for 6 handguns

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crim...andguns/nPJSd/
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 22:51   #2
holesinpaper

Headline: "Seattle shooter had permit for 6 handguns"

Reality: WA requires no permit for firearm ownership.

And if they mean he had a CCW license and owned 6 pistols, well... WA CCW does not require listing pistols on it. If you have a CCW, then you can carry any pistol you lawfully have possession of. That means any pistol you own, or any pistol a friend or relative lends you. The pistols are not permitted, the permit holder is.

WA is also a OC state, so this guy did not need to get a CCW in order to carry pistols on his person -- if he had wanted to go that route.

Teaming up with the gun grabbing liberal media now TBO? Since you made no comment on the article, I assume you take their side.

BTW, the WA Constitution has some strong pro-firearm teeth. Arguably stronger than the Fed.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 06-02-2012 at 00:27..
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 23:01   #3
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
he legally held permits for three .45 caliber handguns and three more 9 millimeter handguns
What state issued these "permits for three .45 caliber handguns and three more 9 millimeter handguns"? Washington has no such provision.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 23:03   #4
Berto
woo woo

Bad information.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29   #5
Drain You
NRA member

Oh my, now I have to unbrainwash myself with the silly notion that ccwers are all good guys, I now see they are the enemy and that the government employees are really the righteous and true. How could I have been such a fool all these years!
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:32   #6
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Seattle gun massacre hero reveals he vowed to 'never hide under the table' after brother died in 9/11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...died-9-11.html
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57   #7
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crim...andguns/nPJSd/
Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
...Teaming up with the gun grabbing liberal media now TBO? Since you made no comment on the article, I assume you take their side.
Your comment illustrates why you should never assume.

As to TBO making no comment, click on this link: Find all threads started by TBO. You'll find he rarely comments in his initial post. It's his style...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:32   #8
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Your comment illustrates why you should never assume.

As to TBO making no comment, click on this link: Find all threads started by TBO. You'll find he rarely comments in his initial post. It's his style...

Yeap! He starts them. After a few comments he might throw in a cryptic comment (that can usually be interpreted either way) to stir things up further and backs out of it to let us battle it out.

He’s a trouble maker, I tell ya!

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12   #9
bigbluedodge

I live "in the sticks" in Western Washington, and these situations p*** me off! When you buy a gun you don't have to register it unless you buy it from a buisness, but everytime something like this happens the news makes it seem like the guns were registered to him and the laws are not adiquate to protect us. However in this case he reportidly had "metal condition", I dont know what this means other then the obvious, or when he was diagnosed, but that is something they should be checking when they issue a CCW. All these situations do is prompt people and government to try and take away more rights from the honest law abiding people. It's funny how they think a law to register a gun will be followed by a criminal planning on killing someone who has already led a life of crime!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:19   #10
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
Yeap! He starts them. After a few comments he might throw in a cryptic comment (that can usually be interpreted either way) to stir things up further and backs out of it to let us battle it out.

He’s a trouble maker, I tell ya!

You do NOT have to tell me!!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:51   #11
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You do NOT have to tell me!!
I know! But it was a rare opportunity I may never get again, I couldn’t let it go to waste.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18   #12
SpringerTGO

If I were this person, I'd want my money back on my CCW. I mean after all, isn't a CCW supposed to come with a guarantee that the person possessing it has a good moral character?
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 13:03   #13
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
I know! But it was a rare opportunity I may never get again, I couldn’t let it go to waste.

Old 06-02-2012, 13:03   #14
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain You View Post
Oh my, now I have to unbrainwash myself with the silly notion that ccwers are all good guys, I now see they are the enemy and that the government employees are really the righteous and true. How could I have been such a fool all these years!
If you honestly thought ALL of any group is (good/bad/smart/dump/strong weak....) Then its good you learn.

You look at percentages. I don't recall %s but as a group folks who go thru bother to get training/permits are more law abiding then general public.

The reason its such a big deal is because its so unusual that person who is legal commits crime. (esp such a serious one)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 13:25   #15
Gunnut 45/454

TBO
So now all gun owners are bad? As been stated no permit is required to buy /own in WA. OC is legal - so the shooter didn't need a license to do what he did. Now we all know thats the gun grabbers main point we want all guns registered so they can come get them next. Freedom is never free and always has a cost to it. We can either be free or slaves which do you prefer? Lets put it this way - all those victoms had a choice- go unarmed and get shot or carry a firearm and protect themselves. As we see only one stood unarmed and lived! Stand, fight back or die that the choice.

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 06-02-2012 at 13:26..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 15:47   #16
Deaf Smith

The nut job assaulted his wife.. and the charges were dropped. The nut job assaulted a friend, and the chargers were dropped. The father pleaded with his son to get help from a shrink (but never told the sheriff who issued the CCW that) and the nutjob refused to get help.

So in reality we see the whole thing could have been avoided several times. And even if he didn't have a CCW, he could have still bought the guns and just walked in and started shooting.

The sad part is NOBODY ELSE HAD A GUN to stop it.

Most people in society abdicate their own safety to the government, and, well, see what happens.

Deaf
Old 06-02-2012, 20:04   #17
TSAX
USAF Vet

This story headline is to scare those who dont know that there are no permits to own a gun just a permit to carry. This headline blurs the line. Is it for political reasons to try to get people to support tougher gun laws, Id say yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 06-02-2012 at 20:04..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 21:01   #18
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
TBO
So now all gun owners are bad?
As been stated no permit is required to buy /own in WA. OC is legal - so the shooter didn't need a license to do what he did. Now we all know thats the gun grabbers main point we want all guns registered so they can come get them next. Freedom is never free and always has a cost to it. We can either be free or slaves which do you prefer? Lets put it this way - all those victoms had a choice- go unarmed and get shot or carry a firearm and protect themselves. As we see only one stood unarmed and lived! Stand, fight back or die that the choice.
Where are you getting that from?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 06-02-2012, 23:36   #19
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
The nut job assaulted his wife.. and the charges were dropped. The nut job assaulted a friend, and the chargers were dropped. The father pleaded with his son to get help from a shrink (but never told the sheriff who issued the CCW that) and the nutjob refused to get help.

So in reality we see the whole thing could have been avoided several times. And even if he didn't have a CCW, he could have still bought the guns and just walked in and started shooting.

The sad part is NOBODY ELSE HAD A GUN to stop it.

Most people in society abdicate their own safety to the government, and, well, see what happens.

Deaf
His father might have plead with his son to see a shrink, but calling in the police might not have stopped a thing. His father probably was aware of that, and the fact that calling the police might have even put himself at greater risk. When the police are called for a possibly mentally ill person, they have to establish the person is a threat to himself or others. Not all police have the training. Even if they think the person is a threat, they can only take the person in for a very short stay. And then there is the question of who pays for the ambulance, hospital, doctors, and meds, if the person is not insured. If the doctors don't think he's a threat he's out. With all the bills. And he's pissed at the person who called the cops.

Our country is really backwards in the way we deal with mental illness. We lack facilities, education, insurance, and even proper legislation. We keep having to pay the price for preventable things like this (we all know about Loughner and several others) but nothing happens as far as insurance and treatment for the mentally ill.

Maybe you are right as far as nobody having a gun. If someone had a gun maybe they could have shot him.
And if we had better ways of dealing with it, his father might have been able to call for help, get the person in treatment, and nobody would have died.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 00:01   #20
Berto
woo woo

People can still be adjudicated mentally incompetent or involuntarily committed.
While I feel for the father of the shooter, and his regret/frustration with WA mental health systems, there's no indication he or the shooter's family made an effort to get this guy real help...yet he blames the system.
The guy was a gun-nut, and I can rightfully understand the fear of losing 2nd A. rights as a result of being adjudicated, but if the family truly 'knew' he was a ticking time bomb, he had 2 assault chargings, and was being kicked out of places for his aggression...I've seen someone adjudicated for waaaay less.