SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2013, 20:44   #301
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
I'm sure HK is a fine hand gun, in fact I was interested in buying one. But I just couldn't justify the difference in price between the HK and Glock. I decided to go ahead and order the Glock 30S.
Do you have experience with HK?

If not, how can you justify it one way or another?

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11   #302
BADOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Do you have experience with HK?

If not, how can you justify it one way or another?
I understand what you all are saying. Maybe it because I started using Glock in the early '90's for CC. I have owned many guns before Glock, not HK though. That being said, My Glock pistols have never misfired after thousands of rounds at the ranges. I now carry a Glock 27 Gen4, but just ordered the new hybrid Glock 30S. 10 rounds of 45 ACP standard mag and will use the Glock 21, 13 round mag. for backup. I paid $649. I can't in my mind justify paying more than twice the price for an HK. The mechanics are different in the HK, and I don't like the idea of an external safety. Please don't think I'm flaming HK here, just expressing my opinion on why I chose Glock. I guess I'm old school, "DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE." I hear the HK is a fabulous gun.

Last edited by BADOS; 04-07-2013 at 10:12..
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26   #303
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
I understand what you all are saying. Maybe it because I started using Glock in the early '90's for CC. I have owned many guns before Glock, not HK though. That being said, My Glock pistols have never misfired after thousands of rounds at the ranges. I now carry a Glock 27 Gen4, but just ordered the new hybrid Glock 30S. 10 rounds of 45 ACP standard mag and will use the Glock 21, 13 round mag. for backup. I paid $649. I can't in my mind justify paying more than twice the price for an HK. The mechanics are different in the HK, and I don't like the idea of an external safety. Please don't think I'm flaming HK here, just expressing my opinion on why I chose Glock. I guess I'm old school, "DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE." I hear the HK is a fabulous gun.
Glocks are fine weapons as are many other manufacturers products.
Without owning a HK you have no idea what it's value might be.
My HK45C Light LEM has no external safety BTW.
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 04-07-2013 at 10:32..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:03   #304
silentpoet

My g21 with a laser and 6 mags was 700 roughly. My USP 45 with 2 mags is right at 799. It is more, but not twice as much. If you look around you can find USP 45s for 600s. I do prefer the v1 with a safety to the glock trigger. I don't like the idea of the lack of a safety. I do think HK is a better gun, the glock may be a better deal though. I don't think either is a bad choice. If I had seen the USP first I would not have the glock. But I don't hate the glock, but according to my personal preferences the USP 45 is a better choice.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote