SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:59   #251
themighty9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyscott69 View Post
I just read 10 pages of BS that could have easily been summed up with a single "I know you are, but what am I?" Followed up with a "nan-a nan-a boo boo."
Make you feel just like a kid again, doesnt it? lol
themighty9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 13:09   #252
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Did the CZ75 compete in the trials that the Beretta won?
In 1985, when the beretta was adopted by the US Army, there was the little issue of the cold war still going on. Makarov's and Stechkins were also not looked at. Kalishnikov's were also somehow overlooked in rifle trials.

Go figure.

My personal opinion is that the 9mm is over rated, especially in ball ammo. We should have stuck to the .45.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 05-28-2012 at 13:10..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 13:11   #253
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
In 1985, when the beretta was adopted by the US Army, there was the little issue of the cold war still going on. Makarov's and Stechkins were also not looked at. Kalishnikov's were also somehow overlooked in rifle trials.

Go figure.

My personal opinion is that the 9mm is over rated, especially in ball ammo. We should have stuck to the .45.
Nobody gets shot with either anyhow. And if you are using the pistol, **** is ****ed and neither will save you.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 13:12   #254
Shadyscott69
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
Maybe the copier jammed. Admin officers were always the most difficult to deal with in my experience. It must be very frustrasting for them to be so close to being a real soldier yet not.
Agreed!
Shadyscott69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 13:13   #255
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
You can't possibly be as big of a dick in real life.
General Firearms Forum
Old 05-28-2012, 13:47   #256
arclight610

General Firearms Forum
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 14:24   #257
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
General Firearms Forum
Blast through the hinges and remove the door.
Old 05-28-2012, 15:06   #258
tuica

Are Glocks used by more (western) nation's armies than hammer fired designs - particularly the Beretta M9? Cheers.
Old 05-28-2012, 15:31   #259
battlin bulldog
sand

Ive had a chance to train with multiple other armies and thier sidearms. Although I love my glocks, Im glad I had a beretta on my side in the sand box. The poor canadian soldiers I trained with had the oldest beat up FN hipowers. When I went to the AFSAM 2 years ago every other country was drooling over our M9's and asking to see it. If I recall the norwegians had glock 17's and they did ok. All in all though after a week of shooting the US team with M9's came out on top.
The M9 helped The US keep these trophies on our own soil.
General Firearms Forum
By cvscout at 2012-05-28

I know this thread has become a pissing contest but the fact is the M9 is an outstanding weapon, as our many other sidearms. There is no magical perfect weapon, they all have pros and cons. Its the users responsibility to know those strengths and weaknesses.

I in know way at home or abroad feel undergunned with 20 rounds at the ready of 124 gr 9mm nato.
General Firearms Forum

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by battlin bulldog; 05-28-2012 at 15:35..
battlin bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 15:39   #260
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlin bulldog View Post
Ive had a chance to train with multiple other armies and thier sidearms. Although I love my glocks, Im glad I had a beretta on my side in the sand box. The poor canadian soldiers I trained with had the oldest beat up FN hipowers. When I went to the AFSAM 2 years ago every other country was drooling over our M9's and asking to see it. If I recall the norwegians had glock 17's and they did ok. All in all though after a week of shooting the US team with M9's came out on top.
The M9 helped The US keep these trophies on our own soil.
General Firearms Forum
By cvscout at 2012-05-28

I know this thread has become a pissing contest but the fact is the M9 is an outstanding weapon, as our many other sidearms. There is no magical perfect weapon, they all have pros and cons. Its the users responsibility to know those strengths and weaknesses.

I in know way at home or abroad feel undergunned with 20 rounds at the ready of 124 gr 9mm nato.
General Firearms Forum

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Excellent post! Thank you for your service.

I will have a M9 this year to accompany the CZ75.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 16:21   #261
tuica

Thanks for the input, Bulldog!
Old 05-28-2012, 18:10   #262
KCCAD

Quote:
Maybe the copier jammed. Admin officers were always the most difficult to deal with in my experience. It must be very frustrating for them to be so close to being a real soldier yet not.

Last edited by KCCAD; 05-28-2012 at 18:11..
KCCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 18:35   #263
Check my Gat

Quote:
It must be very frustrating for them to be so close to being a real soldier yet not.
I forgot the Infantry Officer track started at the Field Grade Staff and Command positions. Then as you prove yourself you'll eventually be demoted to Lieutenant, get tabbed and become a platoon leader so you can finally take guys outside the wire at the end of your career.

Believe it or not, those dick admin and command officers in the MFE branches (used to be Combat Arms, rebranding) plugged away with everyone else on ranges and FTXs in training, and patrols in combat when they were O1-3. More over, they put up with Army BS for four years before they became "real soldiers".

Happy memorial day all.
Check my Gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 18:48   #264
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCCAD View Post
That's pretty darn funny!
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 19:37   #265
arclight610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check my Gat View Post
I forgot the Infantry Officer track started at the Field Grade Staff and Command positions. Then as you prove yourself you'll eventually be demoted to Lieutenant, get tabbed and become a platoon leader so you can finally take guys outside the wire at the end of your career.

Believe it or not, those dick admin and command officers in the MFE branches (used to be Combat Arms, rebranding) plugged away with everyone else on ranges and FTXs in training, and patrols in combat when they were O1-3. More over, they put up with Army BS for four years before they became "real soldiers".

Happy memorial day all.
You're neither of which, so what does it matter to you?
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 19:45   #266
Check my Gat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
You're neither of which, so what does it matter to you?
You're right. I just dive the FMs all day so I can imitate someone who has an uninteresting job.

That was pretty petty. Especially considering that was a very polite little post. Enjoy memorial day, this is not a productive conversation.

Last edited by Check my Gat; 05-28-2012 at 19:48..
Check my Gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 20:04   #267
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
You're right........
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 20:32   #268
pennlineman

Quote:

Happy memorial day all.
I don't have a problem with what you do, if indeed you do it. I'll be as plain as I can. I have a problem with your attitude. You have no respect for those men and women who have served before you. You have no respect for your fellow soldiers unless they are combat arms. I'm sure many non combat arms work under you in support of your mission. Being in the position you say you hold your actions are disgraceful.

All I know is that I appreciated seeing the cook that feed me, the supply guy that kept us equipped, the motor pool guy that kept our equipment running, the admin folks who made sure we got paid, the doc's that fixed us up when we were hurt or sick.

Just remember, it will someday end for you. You're getting older and fatter every day. Out here respect is earned, nobody is going to bow down over a little piece of brass on your shoulder

There is a lot of knowledge on these boards. It comes from civilians, police and military alike. If you can manage to get over yourself and listen, you might learn something.

Last edited by pennlineman; 05-28-2012 at 20:43..
pennlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 21:42   #269
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyscott69 View Post
I bet he can. This display is has been one from a veteran dick. Skills such as his aren't learned overnight.
They have to go to Ossifer Skuul for that.
Old 05-28-2012, 21:47   #270
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Happy memorial day all.
Quote:
I don't have a problem with what you do, if indeed you do it. I'll be as plain as I can. I have a problem with your attitude. You have no respect for those men and women who have served before you. You have no respect for your fellow soldiers unless they are combat arms. I'm sure many non combat arms work under you in support of your mission. Being in the position you say you hold your actions are disgraceful.

All I know is that I appreciated seeing the cook that feed me, the supply guy that kept us equipped, the motor pool guy that kept our equipment running, the admin folks who made sure we got paid, the doc's that fixed us up when we were hurt or sick.

Just remember, it will someday end for you. You're getting older and fatter every day. Out here respect is earned, nobody is going to bow down over a little piece of brass on your shoulder

There is a lot of knowledge on these boards. It comes from civilians, police and military alike. If you can manage to get over yourself and listen, you might learn something.
Great post Pen'
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 22:33   #271
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

Everyone was happy to see the Chinook come and get them.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 00:31   #272
mixflip

I got called every name in the book the days and weeks following my attachment to my first Marine unit as a Navy Corpsman. Funny thing though... when danger was close, certain folks made sure I was near them. My Marines made sure I never had to pay for a beer and in every bar fight I knew I had at least 10+ Marines at my back.

I may have been labeled a non-combatant by the Geneva convention (technically) but that all goes south real quick when SHTF. Everyone is a rifleman.

Happy memorial day!

Last edited by mixflip; 05-29-2012 at 00:32..
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:37   #273
pat701

They are safer then stricker fired pistols with one in the pipe.
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09   #274
SFCSMITH(RET)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Everyone was happy to see the Chinook come and get them.
They never came for us..

summin' 'bout that 70 ton ride we wanted to take along..
SFCSMITH(RET) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28   #275
MajorD

the key to the whole thing is back when they were adopting hammer fired guns no mainstream, proven striker fire design even existed- the striker fired duty pistol is a development of the last 30 or so years- just getting started when the m9 trials started and m9 was adopted- the glock had only been in the US for a few years when the m9 was adopted and wasn't yet a proven platform, plus the military requirements demanded a manual safety that could be left on safe during laoding and unloading.
MajorD is offline   Reply With Quote