SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2012, 15:29   #1
iDivideByZero
Padawan

AmeriGlo CAP + Hack Combo Style

Recently I installed a set of AmeriGlo sights on my G26. I was originally considering the iDot sights, but then the CAP style caught my eye. I really liked the square luminescent paint outline on the front tritium sight, and I was intrigued by the "Cover Point of Impact" (CPoI) style of sight picture employed by the CAP sights. However, one thing I did not like about the CAP sights was the rear sight. I wanted a rear sight that extended to the end of the slide, as this would increase the sight radius and theoretically accuracy is improved. Looking through the catalog I saw that the Hack style sights employed the black serrated rear sights, and I decided to utilize these. The staff at AmeriGlo was very helpful in answering all of my questions, and they explained that if I used the taller rear sight (intended for Glock 20, 21, 29, 30, 31, 32, 36) on my 26 it would give me the CPoI sight picture. In the end I went with the following combination:

Front: ProGlo LumiLime Square Outline GL-212-GR-Q

Rear: Black Serrated GL-406L

I am very happy with the overall quality of the sights, and installation was not difficult (a little filing on the rear and it slid in as easily as the stock sight). AmeriGlo was even nice enough to include the tool for the front sight, so I didn't have to grind down my 3/16 socket.

I have been to the range twice with them, and I am still adjusting to the new sight picture. The front sight is very easy to acquire, and if it has been exposed to any light it gets very bright. I've shot it outdoors and it glows quiet nicely. I chose the lime green because I am color blind'ish and find the red used for sights often blends in with the color of woodland foliage/grass. The tritium sights are very bright at night, but I've only a few others to compare to. It seems brighter than the ACOG I used to have on an M4. I find myself trying to adjust my POA to accommodate the CPoI sight picture, and as a result I haven't been as consistent as I was with the stock sights. However, my second trip to the range I was a lot more consistent than the first, so I think I'll have this sorted out soon enough. If I end up not being happy with the CPoI sight picture, all I will have to do is swap out the rear sight for the shorter GL-405L in order to obtain the classic 'fence post' sight picture. Below I included my 'best' 5rd group at 7m, but overall I was consistently shooting within the square bullseye which is 1.84" diameter. The measurement program I used gave a diameter of 0.67" for the group (from the area of the best-fit-circle).

Here are some pictures, and I have to apologize for the poor quality of the images. My cousin took pictures of the sights with his DSLR, but he's lazy and still hasn't uploaded them... If he ever does I'll update with them. In the mean time:

Sights, Optics and Lasers

iDivideByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:16   #2
TSAX
USAF Vet

, nice pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:13   #3
GRT45
Transform & Win

Thanks for posting the details of what you bought and the range report. That's an interesting, custom combination.

I didn't know AmeriGlo sold the GL-212-GR-Q separately (Lime Green, Square) without the CAP rear sight because it isn't listed on their product pages at Pistol SightsGlockNight SightsFront Sights.

Only the Orange, Square ProGlo is listed (GL-212-OR-Q).

It's good to know it's available for future reference. I like the look of the square ProGlo front. Thanks.

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 05-15-2012 at 20:17..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:18   #4
GoBigOrange

Thank you for posting these. I plan on adding the CAP sights on my G23 in the future.
Old 05-15-2012, 21:39   #5
iDivideByZero
Padawan

I was told the lumi-lime fronts just became available, and the website would be updated soon. The price is the same as the orange one that is listed.

Overall, my experience dealing with AmeriGlo definitely left me very happy. I would recommend them to others without hesitation, and I plan on doing business with them again in the future.

This is a video I'd definitely recommend to gain further insight on combat oriented sight setups:

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/underst...-videos/12369/

This is an article by Dave Spaulding (designer of the CAP sights) that explains the philosophy behind the CAP style of sight:

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/enter-the-cap-sight/12324/