GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2012, 14:48   #21
ChicagoZman

That is what I love about Indiana. While I prefer for personal reasons to remain concealed, there is no legal obligation to do so.
Glocks: 17, 17L, 22, 22C, 23, 24C, 27, 34
ChicagoZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 22:10   #22
liberty addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoZman View Post
That is what I love about Indiana. While I prefer for personal reasons to remain concealed, there is no legal obligation to do so.
Now I could say the same about Oklahoma (at least after November 1st) when licensed open carry becomes legal. But really, for 13 years I have carried concealed and while someone sometime may have noticed, I really don't think so. But it seems to me people REALLY don't notice (the vast majority). Once I even open carried (accident) into Walmart for maybe 10 seconds, and NO ONE noticed at all. Then I realized it and covered it up, and still no one noticed (at least no scared sheep anyway).
Old 05-16-2012, 05:02   #23
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoZman View Post
Ditto here. Got to love Indiana.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05   #24
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Its like playing Where's Waldo..

Every once in a while, I manage to get the covert photo (discreetly of course)

The last one I spotted was at Starbucks with a Sig shaped "cell phone". I was not sure until he bent over to look at the food options. Grip was quite obvious at that point. He really needed inside the waistband for this one.

Carry Issues
I could see where engaging in this activity of taking someones picture from "behind" could get out of had really fast if you are spotted doing so. I find this activity of yours a bit odd.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:28   #25
shockglock

I was sitting a few rows behind a guy at a Cardinals game last year that had his gun covered, but printed horribly. I never could see the gun except for the shape. He was carrying a full size 1911 OWB at 4:30 in a pair of shorts and covered up with a paper thin t-shirt. He probably made a dozen trips up and down the stairs throughout the game and would stretch and bend over most times when he got out of his seat. I didn't have my CCW at that time, but made me realize that concealed means concealed. I do everything possible to make sure that nobody knows I'm carrying. I even make sure if I have to pick something up, I do it in a way that will not print.
shockglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32   #26
RustyDaleShackleford
Giblet Head

I haven't seen anybody printing...yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
If you need something more powerful than a .45, you need something more powerful than a handgun.
RustyDaleShackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:48   #27
deathpriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I must confess that I don't specifically look for poorly concealed weapons (holstered, pocket, etc.)
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerMax View Post
I assume a fanny pack is concealing.
Unless it is a tactical looking and pigmented bag, I do not assume concealing. I have seen a few lately, accompanied by tactical looking camouflage clothing.
deathpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:19   #28
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Saw two guys walking down the sidewalk, both of them had what looked like a brick on their hips (kydex holsters?) tucked under very oversized t-shirts. Both with their right arms lifted to avoid hitting their weapons. It was kind of funny actually.

I wear Galco gun leather, it hugs to the hip better.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 18:38   #29
SCmasterblaster

I don't really look for it. Perhaps I should here in VT/NH.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25   #30
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I wish I had a camera, I spotted a REALLY bad one today (actually yesterday, but I just got off work ). Not only because of the total crap belt he was carrying on, but the fact his shirt was about 2in short and the bottom of what was clearly a firearm holster was sticking out the bottom of his shirt.

I was running into the grocery store, and there is a Subway next door and he was walking to his car as I parked. At first I chuckled... then I wanted to write down thebeltman's URL on a slip of paper and give it to him.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 05-24-2012 at 05:28..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28   #31
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Non-CCW holders don't give two craps about spotting printing and sticking.
So it's a non issue for me.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:15   #32
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Vincent View Post
Non-CCW holders don't give two craps about spotting printing and sticking.
So it's a non issue for me.
While this is true, when it's blatantly obvious, people will notice.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28   #33
xenophon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filhar View Post
So, what's the issue? Printing isn't illegal in my state and neither is open carry. Unless you're the fashion police, I can't see anyone caring about what I wear. I usually just wear an open shirt over a Glock 17 in a Serpa holster. Much more comfortable and easier to access than iwb. The shirt is just so the gun isn't obvious.
This. Who cares. I rode my motorcycle around town with just a tshirt over it. Wind blew Tshirt up over the handle, and no f' was given the whole ride.
xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 14:22   #34
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filhar View Post
So, what's the issue? Printing isn't illegal in my state and neither is open carry. Unless you're the fashion police, I can't see anyone caring about what I wear. I usually just wear an open shirt over a Glock 17 in a Serpa holster. Much more comfortable and easier to access than iwb. The shirt is just so the gun isn't obvious.
It's not a big deal in most states, but there's a few states where it *could* be a big deal.
Old 05-24-2012, 22:48   #35
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

IMO other people attempting to conceal in public is other people's business rather than mine. To me their behavior is more immediately important than their hardware.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51   #36
DeLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockglock View Post
I was sitting a few rows behind a guy at a Cardinals game last year that had his gun covered, but printed horribly. I never could see the gun except for the shape. He was carrying a full size 1911 OWB at 4:30 in a pair of shorts and covered up with a paper thin t-shirt. He probably made a dozen trips up and down the stairs throughout the game and would stretch and bend over most times when he got out of his seat. I didn't have my CCW at that time, but made me realize that concealed means concealed. I do everything possible to make sure that nobody knows I'm carrying. I even make sure if I have to pick something up, I do it in a way that will not print.
Totally illegal to carry at a professional sporting event.
Old 05-25-2012, 14:22   #37
ZO6Vettever

I can sure see mine. I carry mostly OWB and it prints big time. Been doing the OWB for some time now and I don't think anyone has noticed. LE will always see it and some observant CC'ers will but the rest have no idea.

Remember, we're all on the same side!

Army Vet Dec 1965 - Dec 1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 15:37   #38
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLo View Post
Totally illegal to carry at a professional sporting event.
.......in Florida and by a licensed CC. The post quoted may be in another state. The person spotted may not be your regular licensed carrier.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 15:42   #39
Misty02

When we started carrying we had an ongoing game to see how many other concealed firearms we could spot. It was a cool game that helped increase our awareness. We still play it ever so often, but not as often as we used to.

My most memorable one (I can only assume, as I never actually saw the firearm) was a gentleman at the mall. He was impeccably dressed and color coordinated. All, except the two black straps on his brown belt that went perfectly with his brown shoes and brown pants.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:14   #40
MIKES LAW

Most recent was a guy checking out in Lowes Home Improvement who had on a white t-shirt. I could see his pistol through the shirt. I was also printing slightly. I just walked away wondering if he thought he was invisible or just didn't care.