GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:56   #61
Mike2

Just glad to see something other than a not so reality based program on, good to be able to escape the reality of life at times. Just glad to see hollywood actually doing a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny bit of thinking.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:39   #62
cowboy1964

There will always be ammo. It may be hard to come by, but it will always be out there somewhere.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41   #63
glocker56

Anyone read "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen?
This book will tell you all you need to know what happens after an "EMP" strikes the country........now if they were basing this series on this book....
glocker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 14:04   #64
DoubleWide

NBC will drop this without finishing the story.

All oil and gas will be used up. There are no places to easily drill for oil any more like in the 1800s. As for electricity, I got the impression that it's tech that makes electricity not work at all except where the key was activated.See video about batteries not working, etc. Steam power would work.

Corporate farms won't support cities so there will be massive food riots. Lots of fighting and lots of death. Ammo will be used up. I don't think modern ammo will be around. Brass ammo would be a pain to make. Matchlocks are makeable with hand tools. I'm not sure how to make caps though.

People will be struggling to get food everyday and suriving. A lot of knowledge will be lost. Making steam engines just makes you a target.

Compound crossbows and bows are doable, but definitely not the norm as regular bows are just so much easier. I figure that's just to give the chick a less visible weapon and not make it too Hunger Games.

I'd like to see just regular bows and melee weapons, but people would wonder why there are no guns.

I figure the uncle knew how to sword fight and that's how he survived in Chicago in the first place.

Dirt makes reshoots a pain sometimes. Greasy and dirty makes it hard to tell a part sometimes plus it's Hollywood.
DoubleWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 20:01   #65
mac66
Plant the seed

We will likely never go back to the 19th century. Maybe the early to mid 20th (before electronic everything) if SHTF but not back to the horse and buggy days. There is still a lot of people around who know how to do things. Unlike the 19th century where people had to invent new technology, we have books and resources they didn't have. I have no doubt that machine shops and businesses would pop up and start making stuff pretty quickly again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 17:54   #66
Tx-SIG229

seems like another interpersonal drama laced show disquised as an end of the world show
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56   #67
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Watched the pilot on Xfinity.

Unrealistic schlock. LOST, with a USB drive.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594

Last edited by Morris; 09-07-2012 at 11:56..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30   #68
Happypuppy

From reviews i read it sounds like another teenage love story that attempts to capture all demographics and fails. All NBC needs to do is watch what AMC is doing and who they appeal to , they copy it. The potential to be good exists ...I guess. Muskets after 15 years? Compound bows? Booze? The worst the Militia of course is bad. Would not normal "good" people band together for protection, trade etc?

Sent via Mental Power
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 14:12   #69
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Even has the flashback sequences.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14   #70
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

when does it actually air
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02   #71
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
You can find the pilot on HULU.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17   #72
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Survival/Preparedness Forum

I'm not excited about it, if anything it will be "better than nothing" TV watching like Terra Nova was.

Come to think of it not too many Sci-fi shows last on network TV. Terra Nova didn't last long, and Jericho died a slower death only because of an outcry by the fans
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33   #73
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
Survival/Preparedness Forum
That picture is funny.

There are a lot more bullets around than arrows. And archery takes a lot more skill than guns.

The advantage of bows is them being quiet. What we might need to see is a whole buch of guns with attempts at silencers

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 09-10-2012 at 16:49..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 13:44   #74
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
I'm not excited about it, if anything it will be "better than nothing" TV watching like Terra Nova was.
I read your posts and we agree on a lot...but nothing is a good starting point of what is slowly killing this country.

I'm not one of those "T.V is bad" guys but between bad reality T.V shows (The real Housewives of [insert whatever], Anything related to the Kardashians, mock Pawn Shop shows, etc), bad game shows, dramas based in a hospital/law firm/police department or copy cat sit coms what is really left?

Watching television accounts for half the lesiure time of the average American and accounts for nearly three hours a day.

Better or Nothing would probably serve this country well.

Revolution looks like The Hunger Games - everyone is clean cut, wearing designer clothes and women wearing makeup.

Last edited by pugman; 09-09-2012 at 13:55..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 13:46   #75
Kevin108
HADOKEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissthis View Post
I guess NBC thinks only muskets, crossbows and swords will be the only weapons left after 15years to use.....fools...

If/when it comes on NetFlix...I'll check it out...(no cable)
It's on NBC. That's over the air.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:41   #76
r3dot

I immediately recognized Gustavo from Breaking Bad in that picture.

Show looks dumb.
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:20   #77
coqui33
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWide View Post
All oil and gas will be used up. There are no places to easily drill for oil any more like in the 1800s.
This.

coqui33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23   #78
cowboy1964

Natural gas is plentiful. As is coal. Biofuels would be hot.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 16:08   #79
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
I read your posts and we agree on a lot...but nothing is a good starting point of what is slowly killing this country.

I'm not one of those "T.V is bad" guys but between bad reality T.V shows (The real Housewives of [insert whatever], Anything related to the Kardashians, mock Pawn Shop shows, etc), bad game shows, dramas based in a hospital/law firm/police department or copy cat sit coms what is really left?

Watching television accounts for half the lesiure time of the average American and accounts for nearly three hours a day.

Better or Nothing would probably serve this country well.

Revolution looks like The Hunger Games - everyone is clean cut, wearing designer clothes and women wearing makeup.
Ok, I gave this a shot. Have TV writers just simply given up trying to put together anything worth while?

This plot seems like it was written after someone watched the Postman and Van Damme's Cyborg circa 1989 (I should put my own eyes out for watching that crap).

Mild spoiler....then again not really since I'm saving you the trouble from watching this train wreck...

So the guy who can save the world....his brother happens to have been the former friend/partner of the General who runs the local militia in the Republic of Munroe. Munroe, if you haven't guessed it already, is the guy's name. All along there is apparently some thumb drive which can save the world. Really...this is the best you can come up with?

Do these writers get together, smoke some serious s*** and think what is the worst plot we can write a major network will pick up? Are they just trying to 1) fill a time slot 2) cash in on December, 2012 3) lose a bet

They would have been better served trying to revive Jericho

Last edited by pugman; 09-10-2012 at 16:08..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 16:27   #80
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroadracer View Post
Bows and Flintlocks?
yeah what is up with that?

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote