Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:50   #1
.45 Combat

Colt for defense.

Hello Mas, Ive got to ask. How in your opinion would Colt xse full size 1911, work for field use?

As you already know, Colt takes a beating, from people. If the gun can't shoot 4000 rounds without cleaning, then it's not for protection use.

I'm looking to getting a Colt xse, for hard use as a carry gun. So whats your opinion?

Last edited by .45 Combat; 05-12-2012 at 15:24..
.45 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:18   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

.45 Combat, I'm not familiar with the EXC model, but I don't have my Colt decoder ring with me today, either...

As a rule, the Colt five-inch Government 1911 .45s have been very reliable pistols for a century. There were some rough ones in the '70s but Colt later got their feces cohesive, and now seem to be making some very nice 1911s. After all, no one has more experience doing so.

Until the coming of the Glock, the stock 5" Colt set the standard for reliability and adverse conditions durability in semiautomatic pistols. So long as we don't mess with John Browning's concept of what the springs should be, don't feed it incompatible ammo, or tighten the tolerances too much, the full size Colt .45 auto is a remarkably reliable pistol.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:22   #3
.45 Combat

Colt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas Ayoob View Post
.45 Combat, I'm not familiar with the EXC model, but I don't have my Colt decoder ring with me today, either...

As a rule, the Colt five-inch Government 1911 .45s have been very reliable pistols for a century. There were some rough ones in the '70s but Colt later got their feces cohesive, and now seem to be making some very nice 1911s. After all, no one has more experience doing so.

Until the coming of the Glock, the stock 5" Colt set the standard for reliability and adverse conditions durability in semiautomatic pistols. So long as we don't mess with John Browning's concept of what the springs should be, don't feed it incompatible ammo, or tighten the tolerances too much, the full size Colt .45 auto is a remarkably reliable pistol.

best,
Mas
Mas, your response makes the most since, to me. I'll decode for you. Its the model with novak sights and properly fitted beavertail safety. No other options.

Mas, what you've said makes sense. All I can say is thank you for not (like so many), trying to sell something. And I'm looking forward to meeting you some day.

I
.45 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote