GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:12   #151
VinnieD

Believing in total equality, Soviet Russia adopted he AK-47 as a replacement for the Mosin Nagant in order to give other nations a fair chance.

The big bang was caused when a punch from Mr. T and a kick from Chuck Norris collided.

Obama paid your rent, your power bill, and put gas in your tank.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:30   #152
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
After the first time his wife called him, Alexander Graham Bell invented the "Mute" button.
, how can you not love this thread

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24   #153
OMEGA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
Last time I was at Arches National Park, I struck up a conversation with a group of German tourists. I went on an on about how amazing it was that the American Indians had carved all of these wonderful arch shapes using nothing but primitive hand tools.

The ranger that was within earshot was not amused.
Sounds like something I'd do. Love it
Dano
OMEGA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:29   #154
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Helen of Troy was indeed "The face that launched 1000 ships." What is not as well known is that the ships launched to PREVENT her from coming home when she got homesick. Apparently she was a bit of a nagger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 05-15-2012 at 07:31..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30   #155
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Hurricane Katrina did not destroy New Orleans. A local day care's 2-year-old class went on a field trip and the teacher went to the restroom, leaving the kids unsupervised. In fact, had Katrina not come in the damage would have been much worse, as the class cut short the field trip before they got to the French quarter.

Anyone who has had kids - especially boys - will appreciate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 05-15-2012 at 07:33..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24   #156
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Hurricane Katrina did not destroy New Orleans. A local day care's 2-year-old class went on a field trip and the teacher went to the restroom, leaving the kids unsupervised. In fact, had Katrina not come in the damage would have been much worse, as the class cut short the field trip before they got to the French quarter.

Anyone who has had kids - especially boys - will appreciate this.

I have a daughter that's about to turn 4. This isn't far off...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 17:25   #157
1911austin

The U.S. Senate passed a budget.
Old 05-15-2012, 17:45   #158
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Since 1972, US Customs Agents have trained their dogs to distinguish the difference between Cuban and all other cigars.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 18:04   #159
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Massive Pentagon-leased super computers have detected a trend that between Jan 5, 2007 and July 14, 2009, Okie posted a thread about new food discoveries only on odd-numbered days during months that had R in them.

The pattern was only discovered when seismic shifts in certain commodities buying was revealed to such an extent as to threaten the nation's food supply. The logisticians became concerned and dug deeper when whole supermarket rows of spam and various junk food would periodically be wiped out after certain online internet activity, causing purchasing agents to place such massive replenishment orders as to alter the nation's rail schedules. The demand for corn alone had the USDA sending out "plant heavy" advisories to farmers and even threatened the ethanol supply which spiked the price of oil between harvests when backfill wasn't available.

This was the original reason why the Government started monitoring GT, they originally thought it was terrorists trying to screw with the economy.
Old 05-15-2012, 18:17   #160
Kevin108
HADOKEN!

Benjamin Franklin invented lysergic acid diethylamide.

I actually read that on a Wiki article once. It was hilarious.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a
little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
_____- Ben Franklin
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:51   #161
50 Cent

The Charge of the Light Brigade at Balaclava

"From Wikepedia"

Everyone presumes the famous charge of the Light Brigade at Balaclava Oct 25 1854 during the Crimean War was an outstanding example of British heroism and dash in the face of overwhelming odds.

But history has concealed how rumours and the fog of war contributed to the action.

The commander of the British forces under Lord Raglan had initiated a forced march over two prior days in an effort to link up with the French, who it was presumed needed support.

That meant his soldiers and the cavalrymen of Lord Cardigan's Light Brigade were extremely hungry as their march outpaced their supply columns and all they had had to eat for 2 days were some crumpets and tea.

On arriving at Balaclava with the main force, Raglan ordered Cardigan to punch a hole in the Russian lines to ascertain the whereabouts of the French who were likely lost.

Seeing how the area of the assault was defended in depth with Russian gun emplacements, Cardigan received this order with less than enthusiasm and to cover his nervousness proceeded to knit a sweater, one of his pre-war hobbies.

At that point - fate intervened in the form of a group of British skirmishers who brought to Cardigan a Russian deserter. The deserted advised Cardigan that Texas mercenaries in the employ of the Czar were currently to the rear of the Russian guns, butchering a cow and preparing some Texas old style BBQ.

Cardigan who had studied engineering at Rice University in Houston knew the full value and flavor of the feast the Texans were preparing - particularly to his starving men!

In short order, his men cheerfully formed up - made ready - the bugle sounded "CHARGE" and the Light Brigade successfully stormed the Russian gun emplacements, albeit at heavy cost. The casualties were deemed regrettable by Cardigan but felt "...there would be less men to share the BBQ with..."

Unfortunately, after penetrating the Russian lines to the supply area in the rear, the Light Brigade found no Texans..no cow...just some surly Russian orderlies stirring up a half warmed supply of borscht.

But it was not all for naught...the British received numerous medals, much front page coverage and were the number one requested search item requested on Google for a lengthy period.

Lord Cardigan received a promotion and after the war retired, moved to Los Angeles and became a consultant to the movie industry.

(EDITORS NOTE - This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2012)

Last edited by 50 Cent; 05-15-2012 at 19:52..
50 Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:03   #162
wavetrain75
Useless Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
The Rong brothers invented the first successful airplane in 1893 in Kitti Hok, China but imperialist forces liberated it.
I thought it was the Long brothers.

Last edited by wavetrain75; 05-15-2012 at 20:03..
wavetrain75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:23   #163
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

This thread will be locked soon like all others.

Last edited by M&P Shooter; 05-15-2012 at 21:20..
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:30   #164
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind had raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present. Tonight...
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 20:36   #165
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

The Alaska state quarter is larger than all the others.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 21:17   #166
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Cent View Post
"From Wikepedia"

Lord Cardigan received a promotion and after the war retired, moved to Los Angeles and became a consultant to the movie industry.

(EDITORS NOTE - This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2012)
Supplemental Wikepedia material:

Lord Cardigan's movie consulting career was not successful. He missed two important trends:

- He thought "talkies" would never become popular.

- He thought television would have only minimal effect on theatre attendance.

The movie industry finally told him to stick to sweaters.
Old 05-15-2012, 21:23   #167
Rick C
affiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Supplemental Wikepedia material:

Lord Cardigan's movie consulting career was not successful. He missed two important trends:

- He thought "talkies" would never become popular.

- He thought television would have only minimal effect on theatre attendance.

The movie industry finally told him to stick to sweaters.
samurairabbi speaks Member since 1998! You can't make that up!
Old 05-15-2012, 21:49   #168
countrygun

Hollow point ammunition is available to American civillians but may not be used on the battlefield due to the rules set forth in the "Geneva Conventions" The same restrictions also apply to Taco Bell.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 22:41   #169
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Because of genetics the human race is getting smarter and has more common sense with each generation.
Old 05-15-2012, 22:46   #170
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Because of genetics the human race is getting smarter and has more common sense with each generation.
Best one yet!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 23:02   #171
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Cent View Post
"From Wikepedia"

Everyone presumes the famous charge of the Light Brigade at Balaclava Oct 25 1854 during the Crimean War was an outstanding example of British heroism and dash in the face of overwhelming odds.

But history has concealed how rumours and the fog of war contributed to the action.

The commander of the British forces under Lord Raglan had initiated a forced march over two prior days in an effort to link up with the French, who it was presumed needed support.

That meant his soldiers and the cavalrymen of Lord Cardigan's Light Brigade were extremely hungry as their march outpaced their supply columns and all they had had to eat for 2 days were some crumpets and tea.

On arriving at Balaclava with the main force, Raglan ordered Cardigan to punch a hole in the Russian lines to ascertain the whereabouts of the French who were likely lost.

Seeing how the area of the assault was defended in depth with Russian gun emplacements, Cardigan received this order with less than enthusiasm and to cover his nervousness proceeded to knit a sweater, one of his pre-war hobbies.

At that point - fate intervened in the form of a group of British skirmishers who brought to Cardigan a Russian deserter. The deserted advised Cardigan that Texas mercenaries in the employ of the Czar were currently to the rear of the Russian guns, butchering a cow and preparing some Texas old style BBQ.

Cardigan who had studied engineering at Rice University in Houston knew the full value and flavor of the feast the Texans were preparing - particularly to his starving men!

In short order, his men cheerfully formed up - made ready - the bugle sounded "CHARGE" and the Light Brigade successfully stormed the Russian gun emplacements, albeit at heavy cost. The casualties were deemed regrettable by Cardigan but felt "...there would be less men to share the BBQ with..."

Unfortunately, after penetrating the Russian lines to the supply area in the rear, the Light Brigade found no Texans..no cow...just some surly Russian orderlies stirring up a half warmed supply of borscht.

But it was not all for naught...the British received numerous medals, much front page coverage and were the number one requested search item requested on Google for a lengthy period.

And that was the first "Cardigan Sweater"?

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58   #172
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

The didn't even serve baklava?
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:57   #173
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911austin View Post
The U.S. Senate passed a budget.

Best one yet!

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08   #174
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post

My daughter once changed the Wiki listing for Catherine the Great to say she started the first petting zoo.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13   #175
Drain You
NRA member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post

Funny, I just saw the thread and came to say that he invented GlockTalk in 1932.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote