Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:57   #501
Restless28

Alabama has 14 National Championships.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09   #502
SouthpawG26

Reginald Fessenden is credited with the first radio broadcast on Christmas Eve, 1906.

It is a sad historic fact however, that eight months earlier, Larry King had already put out his first radio broadcast, but unfortunately there were no radios around yet to receive that broadcast.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:14   #503
tous
GET A ROPE!

Red M&Ms, beloved candy of countless generations of patriotic Americans, were banned from 1948 until 1962 after Colonel (later, General) Jack D. Ripper declared that, "... the Soviets have been using red M&Ms of United States' candy supplies as a means to pollute the precious bodily fluids of Americans."

It was during a speech by then-President John F. Kennedy where he exhorted his fellow Americans, “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because the moon is made of red M&Ms.”

The rest ... is history.

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law

Last edited by tous; 09-09-2012 at 08:15..
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51   #504
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

The reverse, or obverse, of the newest Alaskan State quarter to come from the mint contains the words, "Isn't 'lil ole Texas cute?"
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-09-2012 at 08:52..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:57   #505
tous
GET A ROPE!

The country of Mexico once referred to Texas as cute.
History records that country's fate.

On a related note, the small country of Guatemala once attempted to convince the silly rabbit that Kix are for kids.
History records that country's fate.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:04   #506
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Ronald Reagan, before launching his renowned political carer, became completely and irreversibly addicted to jelly beans. He mentioned it all started when someone began leaving them in a bowl in his movie star dressing rooms during the M&M ban between the years of 1948 and 1962.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-09-2012 at 09:05..
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17   #507
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Alabama head coach, Paul "Bear" Bryant, when asked how it felt to help win 6 of Alabama's 14 national championships proclaimed, "Well, honestly, I feel we fell kind of short in the grand scheme of things, heck, even though we have a 3-1 record for our Super Bowl appearances, our one Super Bowl loss to Auburn stings to this very day.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:28   #508
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Felix Gunderson has to day been stripped of his three, PRO-AM B.A.S.S. Tournament fishing crowns after testing positive for banned substances. Additionally, Gunderson has been banned for life from competing in any further tournaments.

During yesterday's press conference, a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency spokesperson stated, "We just want everyone to have a fair shot during these tourneys. For years all participants knew that no one is allowed to have red M&M's on board while fishing. Mr. Gunderson was not only found with red M&M's on board his tournament vessel, but he had a total of 37 of them!

However, I must also add that what makes these violations so volatile is the fact that Mr. Gunderson also used performance enhancing drugs derived from moss extracts in an attempt to thwart the testing regime."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-10-2012 at 10:28..
Old 09-10-2012, 11:20   #509
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Unlike with beer or champagne, bubbles in soft drinks will only go up towards the surface after being poured in a glass. The bubbles in both beer and champagne seem to defy physics and go down in a glass and not up.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-10-2012 at 11:21..
Old 09-10-2012, 20:09   #510
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Justin Bieber is the biggest rock star since Van Halen
Ummmm......Van Halen is a BAND. I know, as I first saw them open for Black Sabbath in 1978 at Miami Jai-Alai.
Old 09-10-2012, 20:11   #511
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

There is NO gravity, the earth sucks.
Old 09-10-2012, 20:34   #512
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

2bb's just won the heavyweight MMA belt with a 9 second TKO
Old 09-11-2012, 00:01   #513
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
2bb's just won the heavyweight MMA belt with a 9 second TKO
I think we have a winner!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28   #514
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

When finally reached for comment, Felix Gunderson, speaking about his having been stripped of his three, PRO-AM B.A.S.S. Tournament fishing crowns and being banned for life from competing in any further B.A.S.S. fishing tournaments, stated, "Look, I've been clean my entire carer, I have been tested thousands of times and all those tests came back negative."

He added, "Now, as far as the red M&M's, well yes, I did have 37 red M&M's in my boat, but they were for someone else. She won't roll without them."
Old 09-11-2012, 02:31   #515
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

2bb's record breaking 9 second TKO of course came from his, more deadly than a 10mm, spinning back kick.

2bb nicknamed his spinning back kick "10mm" after becoming a member of several gun boards on the net.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47   #516
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

While speaking with reporters at the white house, michelle soetoro, wife of 'Merica's current dictator in chief, when asked what she could do about the problem facing Americans today, stated, "I can mash potato and do the twist."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-11-2012 at 09:07..
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03   #517
tous
GET A ROPE!

In 2015, after the governing body the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency was accused of anti-M&M bias and blatant discrimination against anyone named Felix, Felix Gunderson's PRO-AM B.A.S.S. Tournament fishing crowns were rightldully restored to him.

When reached for comment, Gunderson shrugged and opined, "What can I say? They're French. Those people eat raw snails, for God's sake. How can you expect them to appreciate the delicate beauty and palate-pleasing quailities of a red M&M?"

When reached for comment, the country of France responded, "Qui est ce loup solitaire?"

Old 09-11-2012, 03:17   #518
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
In 2015, after the governing body the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency was accused of anti-M&M bias and blatant discrimination against anyone named Felix, Felix Gunderson's PRO-AM B.A.S.S. Tournament fishing crowns were rightldully restored to him.

When reached for comment, Gunderson shrugged and opined, "What can I say? They're French. Those people eat raw snails, for God's sake. How can you expect them to appreciate the delicate beauty and palate-pleasing quailities of a red M&M?"

When reached for comment, the country of France responded, "Qui est ce loup solitaire? En plus, apres avoir est rappele ce que nous Français mangent sur une base quotidienne, nous avons decide aussi de pardonner Gunderson de la mousse."
fixed it for ya! I think... my French today is as good as my Chinese ever was... :whistling :

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-11-2012 at 03:33..
Old 09-11-2012, 03:44   #519
tous
GET A ROPE!

Okay, I have it all except, ... pardonner Gunderson de la mousse?

Felix Gunderson - American hero.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:52   #520
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

When it comes to ammunition, or bullets if you will, care must be taken when storing.

One should always store bullets either lead up, or lead down, but NEVER under any circumstances should one store ammunition on its side.

Two terrible things may result.

One, the bullets stored on their sides will place too much pressure on one side of the barrel and cause the bullet to miss on the opposite barrel side of the target. (Please see illustration below.)

If you have ammo stored on its side now, a quick fix for aiming is to use what's called, "Kentucky Windage." NOTE: This is not legal in all States, so before utilizing such a drastic measure as Kentucky Windage, you must be a permanent resident in the State where it is legal to be used. (Although probably not necessary to mention, I'll add that native residents of Kentucky are wholly exempt from any and ALL federal statutes concerning this stratagem. Please see US Federal Court vs. D. Boone, 1815 A.D..)

OTOH, a common loop hole most shooters use and you may want to try, if you're not a resident in a State where using the infamous Kentucky Windage is legal, is to simply move the rear sight on your firearm to compensate for the pressure differences during the round's travel inside the barrel. Just be sure to move the rear sight towards the same side as the powder has collected inside the bullet.)

Two, too much surface area of the powered will receive detonation from the primer all at once and the entire gun will blow to pieces along with your hand. NOTE: If this happens, it won't matter what side the rear sight is moved to as the round will probably not make it to the target.

To safely store ammunition, one must first understand that the powder in all bullets is specifically measured and placed in the case in such a way as to allow the proper burning of it by always starting this burn from the rear, or back, of the bullet.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-11-2012 at 05:34..