Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2012, 16:59   #1
WEATHERBY460

Glock trigger, how to lighten?

I just installed a Ghost rocket trigger kit. It made very little difference...6lbs to 5.5lbs is all. Then I did the 25cent trigger polish...that took it down to 4lbs. What else can I do to get the trigger down some more....3lbs would be ideal...this is for competition.
The ghost kit includes....6lb trigger spring, 4lb firing pin spring, and a reduced power firing pin safety spring.

thanks for any help
WEATHERBY460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:15   #2
voyager4520
-----

You could try an even lighter connector but it likely won't make much more difference. ZevTech/GlockWorx makes a "2 lbs" connector. I've never tried it but I doubt that it will actually reach 2lbs. You might see a true 3.5lbs trigger pull with that connector, the 6lbs trigger spring, and 4lbs firing pin spring.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155934
Old 05-08-2012, 13:22   #3
Alizard

I got my G35 down to about 2.5# pull. There are several places that do trigger jobs for Glock, Vanek is one. They also sell drop in kits.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59   #4
CaptainXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEATHERBY460 View Post
I just installed a Ghost rocket trigger kit. It made very little difference...6lbs to 5.5lbs is all. Then I did the 25cent trigger polish...that took it down to 4lbs. What else can I do to get the trigger down some more....3lbs would be ideal...this is for competition.
The ghost kit includes....6lb trigger spring, 4lb firing pin spring, and a reduced power firing pin safety spring.

thanks for any help
I also have a few that are down around #2 -#2.5 trigger pull range.

There are a couple of places that you can polish that are not shown in YouTube 25 cent videos.

If you have a trigger bar with a "dimple", polish the dimple. That dimples ride on the side of the slide.

You can also LIGHTLY polish the striker safety plunger around its' circumference in addition to the flat face of the safety plunger. DO NOT polish the circumference too mush as you may get a sloppy fit in the plunger hole.

I also suggest cleaning the safety plunger, safety plunger hole in the slide, striker (firing pin), striker sleeve, striker channel with lacquer thinner to remove any and all oil or oil residue. If you do not have lacquer thinner use some rubbing alcohol to clean those parts.

Be sure to put one drop of gun oil or a very light wipe of gun oil on the connector and on the ear portion of the trigger bar that contacts the connector.
Old 05-14-2012, 18:19   #5
cciman

You got it.... polish, connector, heavier trigger spring, lighter striker spring.

These all have tradeoffs and downsides, both subtle and real.

The best is to train your finger. The more you shoot the Glock, the less the trigger pull weight seems to be.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 15:58   #6
Roger H

well for my 2 cents i installed a Lone Wolf Dist's 3.5 lb connector and polished every thing i could . was going to changed the springs but my glock armor put it on his scale and it was already at 3.5 lbs and he said not to go any lower
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 16:03   #7
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
You could try an even lighter connector but it likely won't make much more difference. ZevTech/GlockWorx makes a "2 lbs" connector. I've never tried it but I doubt that it will actually reach 2lbs. You might see a true 3.5lbs trigger pull with that connector, the 6lbs trigger spring, and 4lbs firing pin spring.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155934
I've got a 2.1# trigger pull with a .25 job,Glockworx V3 race connector,and a Glockmeister spring kit.

I tried a Lone Wolf light weight striker.It was awesome,brought the pull down to 1.8# but it felt better than that.It still had a loud clicking,discernable reset too.I put 200 rounds through it,brought it home and dry fired it a couple times(still in disbelief) and this happened....http://Gunsmithing
Lone Wolf did me right though.

Last edited by Walk Soft; 05-20-2012 at 16:13..
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 16:05   #8
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainXL View Post
I also have a few that are down around #2 -#2.5 trigger pull range.

There are a couple of places that you can polish that are not shown in YouTube 25 cent videos.

If you have a trigger bar with a "dimple", polish the dimple. That dimples ride on the side of the slide.

You can also LIGHTLY polish the striker safety plunger around its' circumference in addition to the flat face of the safety plunger. DO NOT polish the circumference too mush as you may get a sloppy fit in the plunger hole.

I also suggest cleaning the safety plunger, safety plunger hole in the slide, striker (firing pin), striker sleeve, striker channel with lacquer thinner to remove any and all oil or oil residue. If you do not have lacquer thinner use some rubbing alcohol to clean those parts.

Be sure to put one drop of gun oil or a very light wipe of gun oil on the connector and on the ear portion of the trigger bar that contacts the connector.
I remove about 3/4 of the Gen 4 bump.
http://Gunsmithing

Last edited by Walk Soft; 05-20-2012 at 16:06..
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 16:06   #9
Miraclesix

Glock triggers.com

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Miraclesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 20:05   #10
VN350X10

What class are you planning on shooting, and in who's organization ?
Read the rules before you go too crazy.
Charlie Vanek makes great triggers, but not all of them are legal in U.S.P.S.A.

Check first.

uncle albert
NRA Endowment Member, NRA Certified Instructor for Rifle & Pistol, Illinois State Rifle Assn. - Life Member, GSSF Life Member,N.R.O.I. level I, IL Glockers #34
G: 19,20(x2),21,22,23(x2),24,27,29,34,35 & 36 (still counting)
USPSA, IDPA,
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 14:39   #11
Roger H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
I remove about 3/4 of the Gen 4 bump.
http://Gunsmithing
yes removing the bump on mine with the LWD connector i think made a big help too
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 20:33   #12
Miraclesix

I installed the ghost ranger with Wolff spring kit from ilovemyglock.com and polished everything and it made a difference.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Miraclesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54   #13
digilo

I know this is an old thread but I have a question about a police trade-in G23, and the trigger spring.

It has the 8 lb connector, and all I changed was the trigger spring, which looked new, (I bought it from a retired LEO who was into Glocks), to a 6 lb spring from Midway. It lightened the pull slightly, but it is still crisp.

Are there any drawbacks to using the 6 lb spring with the 8 lb connector?

{ I'm not looking for a 2 lb pull - went through the light-trigger-pull thing a few years ago on a G20- but I am curious about the heavier weight combos.}

The NY1 spring- it looks like it works in the opposite direction from the stock 5 lb coil spring, pushing instead of pulling. How does this work?

Are there any stronger coil trigger springs to try, like the 5 lb stock, say, a 6.5 or 7? Drawbacks to this? I like it the way it is, just curious what results the various combos would give.

(I polished what wasn't already polished by years of firing- it's a '97 model, grips were worn smooth!- just the side of the connector, the trigger bar where it contacted it, and the trigger safety bump on the trigger bar, lightly, with 2000 grit paper, and Eagle cotton wadding polish. Neither the sear, nor any of that area, was touched.)

Thanks for helping the n00b!

Last edited by digilo; 10-25-2012 at 11:54..
digilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48   #14
emjei

What really makes a difference is the REDUCED STRIKER SPRING

Ghost 3.5
.25cent polished job
Polished safety plug
6 pound trigger spring

And BANG !!! real soft and sweet

I've done like 5 trigger jobs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
emjei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 17:44   #15
VN350X10

I have to insert my $.02 here.....

The reduced striker spring is great, BUT, it will give misfires on the LARGE FRAME GUNS.
The .45 & 10MM calibers use large primers, which take more force to ignite. Remember, most large caliber revolver rounds operate at high pressures ! I speak of this from experience, as I've used the Wolff springs on well over 100 pistols, and they are not reliable on a large frame gun.
NOW, if you were to load ammo in .45ACP, using the much-hated small primer cases, AND used Federal primers exclusivly, there would probably be no problems, as Federal primers are more sensitive than other brands, to the point that most USPSA revolver class competitors use them because they permit a much lighter trigger pull to work on the S&W revolvers that most use.
Belive me, I've tried to make them work, I'd like nothing better than to have the trigger pull on my G20 match the one on my G34 !

uncle albert

Last edited by VN350X10; 10-27-2012 at 17:44..
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35   #16
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by digilo View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have a question about a police trade-in G23, and the trigger spring.

It has the 8 lb connector, and all I changed was the trigger spring, which looked new, (I bought it from a retired LEO who was into Glocks), to a 6 lb spring from Midway. It lightened the pull slightly, but it is still crisp.

Are there any drawbacks to using the 6 lb spring with the 8 lb connector?

{ I'm not looking for a 2 lb pull - went through the light-trigger-pull thing a few years ago on a G20- but I am curious about the heavier weight combos.}

The NY1 spring- it looks like it works in the opposite direction from the stock 5 lb coil spring, pushing instead of pulling. How does this work?

Are there any stronger coil trigger springs to try, like the 5 lb stock, say, a 6.5 or 7? Drawbacks to this? I like it the way it is, just curious what results the various combos would give.

(I polished what wasn't already polished by years of firing- it's a '97 model, grips were worn smooth!- just the side of the connector, the trigger bar where it contacted it, and the trigger safety bump on the trigger bar, lightly, with 2000 grit paper, and Eagle cotton wadding polish. Neither the sear, nor any of that area, was touched.)

Thanks for helping the n00b!
I've actually gone back to a (hightly polished!) Gen 4 "." connector from a Ghost Rocket. This is a carry and range gun, so I like the idea of using factory parts. The dot connector is great, and I would imagine an 8 lb. would be even more crisp. The thing is that the *full* trigger weight is only felt on the first round for me, as I use the reset from that point on.

As far as NY1 springs go, some like it and others don't. It works as you've seen, by the trigger bar going across the top and pushing down, instead of just pulling the spring straight across.

If you like the feel of the NY1 Spring, but want something a little lighter (while still keeping the smoothness), you can try a #6 striker spring along with a #6 trigger spring. Also adding a reduced power safety plunger spring, if you like. This will give you a similar uniform pull across the trigger range, but not as "heavy" feeling. I have tried this with a 4.5 connector, and am using the same set up with a stock, 5.5 connector now.

The nice thing about Glocks is that they're really easy to work on, and the parts are relatively cheap. Try a few combinations and see which you like best!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DakotaGlockGuy; 12-23-2012 at 12:40..
DakotaGlockGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 17:28   #17
MoNsTeR

How to lighten your Glock trigger: go to http://www.vanekcustom.com/ and click "Add to cart"
MoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:49   #18
TAKtical

Glockworx race connector combined with the firing pin safety and spring will provide a much lighter, smoother pull.