Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-19-2011, 14:06   #1
shooter1234

Different trigger bars...

Ok, I cannot find ANYone who knows what the hell they're talking about, even at Glock. I'm wanting another trigger bar for this 3rd gen 19. I go into a local store, and they sell me this trigger w/ trigger bar. I get it home, and it's not the same. The triggers smooth instead of serrated, and the trigger spring tab is straight, instead of having a little recurve, where the spring hooks onto, like my original. I call around, and noone knows the difference, or what this replacement trigger bar is for. Anyone?
Does anyone know what gun this trigger bar is for? I mean KNOW, NOT GUESS. I don't want to hear any "Well just put it in, and shoot it, see how it works." I want to KNOW where this bar came from, not guess. I heard this may have been a product improvement program, that changed this angle, so as to extend the life of the spring a little longer. Can anyone verify, AND give their source of information? Thanks...

Last edited by shooter1234; 07-19-2011 at 14:27..
shooter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 18:25   #2
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

The 'smooth faced' trigger means that what you currently have is a G17/G22/etc. 'fullsize' trigger - the one on your 'compact' G19 originally was serrated on the face in order to get bonus import points for being a 'target trigger'. Is the trigger bar the same length as your original one? Just want to make sure that it isn't a G20/G21 one.

The straight tab signifies that it is an older model - the recent ones (like your G19) do have the bend and relief cut in to reduce the wear on the trigger spring at that attachment point.

Therefore, you have an older trigger for a G17/G22-sized frame. Many people do swap their compact/subcompact serrated triggers out for these, just to get the smooth face. It will fit in your G19 with no problem (again, assuming it isn't a G20/G21 one).

I hope this helps.
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 21:57   #3
shooter1234

Thank you soo much for this confirmation. But, being OCPD (obsessive compulsive personality) Can you tell me where you got your info from? And how would I confirm the cruciform (the sear section) of this new trigger bar is the same as the stock one?
I'm asking this, because this trigger bar, with the stock connector, does NOT have a "horrible glock trigger" like people say. All I did, was LIGHTLY polish the striker lug, and this trigger is VERY nice. I mean, besides the decent amount of take up inherent in this design, this thing breaks like my Browning Hi Power. From reading HEAPS of stories on this trigger, over the course of weeks, I can't help but think that there's no WAY in hell, allllll those people could be complaining about THIS trigger. So now I'm left thinking there's something wrong with this gun.
So then I install a glockworx 2 lbs race connector, and this thing turns into a Glock 18. I'm like WTF. I mean the trigger's PHENOMENAL, but now unsafe.
I'm lost...
shooter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 22:09   #4
cciman

Smooth trigger bar from full size G17/22 will fit the G19/23. Unless you modified anything else, very unlikely to go G18 on you.

I don't even think you can make a G18 if you tried.

Did your piece come with ANY packaging or labeling, or are there any numbers stamped on it.

Go to the range, point in a safe direction and shoot the OCD out of it.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:12   #5
Steve in Az
Glock 26

The trigger works great, so there has to be something wrong with it? You are OCD. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly...relax. Go shoot your gun.

Last edited by Steve in Az; 05-07-2012 at 15:12..
Steve in Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 16:03   #6
jeager

The "cure" for OCpD is to OCpD your OWN way out-of-it.

Last edited by jeager; 05-07-2012 at 16:04.. Reason: just to "p" you
jeager is offline   Reply With Quote