Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-07-2012, 20:10   #41
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScumPunisher View Post
Ah, well there ya go!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I like your Latin signature. I am prepared for war now that BHO was re-elected.
Old 11-07-2012, 20:19   #42
Shrugged
OGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScumPunisher View Post
Shrugged,

Apparently you can.contavt Glock CS and they will send u a replacement. I haven't done this yet but I am going to tomorrow. I locked the slide back to expose that metal shroud on the rsa and lightly lubed it to see if that would help, but alas it doesn't so don't bother trying that. The good news is I put another 100 rds through it since my last post and still have not one ftf, fte, or any instance when the slide stayed like that during normal operation. I feel 100% comfortable carrying my g26 as my edc while I wait for the new rsa. It should always be a habit to have your thumb on the back of the slide while reholstering and drawing anyway, as this motion also is used as a safety measure for a hammered pistol and is good to make a habit of.

Thanks for the info. Going to give Glock a call tomorrow. I agree with you about the thumb on the back of the slide while holstering - have been in the habit of doing that for quite some time (the other edc is a P228 with a hammer).

I wouldn't worry about carrying the gun either, but it will be nice to get the RSA swapped out so that it functions flawlessly.
Shrugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:25   #43
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrugged View Post
Thanks for the info. Going to give Glock a call tomorrow. I agree with you about the thumb on the back of the slide while holstering - have been in the habit of doing that for quite some time (the other edc is a P228 with a hammer).

I wouldn't worry about carrying the gun either, but it will be nice to get the RSA swapped out so that it functions flawlessly.
I read recently that Glock GA is now making Glock pistols. Maybe soon they'll make domestic G25s (.380s).
Old 11-07-2012, 21:44   #44
mongo356

Per my Glock Dist mgr- The Gen 3 & 4 G26, G27, G33 share the same recoil spring now. All are a Gen 4 type either an 0-8 or 0-8-1

My understanding is the 0-8 came out first then the 0-8-1.

Then Glock upgraded the end of the RSA to include a washer on the 0-8-1. They were trying to keep the spring from slipping off of the end (large plastic oops polymer end) of the RSA during disassembly, while rare still happens once in a while.

The problem with the 0-8-1, the washer slightly out of spec, will sometimes bind and cause the FTRB especially when operated slowly.

Now for my guesses:
1- not all washers are made equal, 2- after some use the washer may wear down (break in) some and not cause a problem. 3- new RSA from Glock may have a smaller tolerance washer on the end and work like a charm without problems.

Last edited by mongo356; 02-18-2013 at 11:00..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20   #45
nraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstate View Post
Just got my new Gen 4 G26.....
So did I, it works exactly the same way as the Gen 3, I don't see or feel anything different.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48   #46
nraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
Per my Glock Dist mgr- The Gen 3 & 4 G26, G27, G33 share the same recoil spring now. All are a Gen 4 type either an 0-8 or 0-8-1
My latest G26 has the 0-8-1. Does this spring have its own part number or the part number is the same regardless of the version of the spring? I would like to upgrade the springs in my other baby Glocks.
Old 11-08-2012, 19:28   #47
mongo356

nraman- i'm not sure on the part numbers. I think they are the same part number, but i'm not positive.

I order my parts from Glockparts.com because I hate to wait for the Glock mothership to send them.
Old 11-08-2012, 22:41   #48
nraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
nraman- i'm not sure on the part numbers. I think they are the same part number, but i'm not positive.

I order my parts from Glockparts.com because I hate to wait for the Glock mothership to send them.
I just ordered three from the mothership. I am not in a hurry, I am sure I will get the latest, it is cheaper and less for shipping than the usual places.
Glock must be the only manufacturer that sells their parts cheaper than stores.
Old 11-27-2012, 19:35   #49
ScumPunisher

Just an update, the fedex guy was walking up to my building right as I was headed out the door to go to the range the other day. It was my new rsa from Glock! Popped it in on the way out and it rtb flawlessly no matter how slow I let the slide back or tried.to have it ftrb. Wife and I dumped 200 rds at the range and all is well. The new rsa is the same 081 as my defective original. Must have been a bad batch of them mid year 2012 or something!

ScumPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53   #50
Saleen

I just bought a brand new US made Glock 26 GEN 3 this weekend. Test fire date 11/5/12. I'm having the same issues as in this thread. Slide wont return to full battery and also has the frame mark/gouge. My RSA has 0-8-1 on it as well. This is really dissapointing that i have a brand new gun with issues. I would have thought that Glock would have figured out these issues by now. I called them this morning and they are sending out a new RSA. I really hope this fixes the issue. Did everybody in this thread with the same issue have their problem solved by a new RSA?
Saleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32   #51
Redstate

Saleen, my issues that I described resolved with a new RSA. See my previous posts, particularly, post #23 in this thread. Good luck.
Redstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49   #52
mongo356

Saleen,

I bought a NIB G27 with a 0-8-1 spring and it wouldn't pass the 90 degree/slowly close the slide recoil spring test. even if slowly closed at 180 it still would hang up, but if I let it close with force it would return to battery. I took the spring out and carefully worked the spring with the washer over the end of the metal sleeve and upon return you could feel the washer catch on the sleeve.

I swapped with a 0-8 spring no problems.

I called Glock and they sent me a new 0-8-1 spring. The new 0-8-1 also worked flawlessly no problems. I think either the metal sleeve or the washer on the end has a tendancy to be a little out of spec and cause problems I guess the good part is if its bad it will show up immediatly.

Best of luck.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28   #53
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen View Post
I just bought a brand new US made Glock 26 GEN 3 this weekend. Test fire date 11/5/12. I'm having the same issues as in this thread. Slide wont return to full battery and also has the frame mark/gouge. My RSA has 0-8-1 on it as well. This is really dissapointing that i have a brand new gun with issues. I would have thought that Glock would have figured out these issues by now. I called them this morning and they are sending out a new RSA. I really hope this fixes the issue. Did everybody in this thread with the same issue have their problem solved by a new RSA?
I've posted about this very issue in a similar thread, concerning my new Gen 4 G26. I bought the pistol new in November of last year and immediately noticed this. I called Glock customer support and told them about it. The rep asked me where I was getting this "being a problem". I admitted the weapon fired without any problems.

I decided to just go ahead and buy a stainless RSA because I wanted one anyway. Purchased a Glockmeister GMSSR26CS RSA and it totally and completely fixed me right up. Just FYI.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:56   #54
Saleen

Thanks guys. I have a new one coming in from Glock and I also ordered a SS rod from BT guide rods. I'm sure one of those will for sure.
Old 03-10-2013, 15:12   #55
Saleen

Just an update, got my replacement rsa from glock and my stainless steel rsa from BT guide rods. Both new springs completely fix the issue. But damn, the BT guide rod is one stout looking/made rsa. It's very very well made and quite a bit heavier which will definitely help out with muzzle flip. In fact holding my two oem glock rsa together, the BT still weighs significantly more than both. I love the BT and it will be staying in the gun for sure.
Old 03-10-2013, 15:54   #56
sgt rock

My new Gen 4 26 does this a little bit but functions flawlessly , i'll keep shooting it and see what happens.
sgt rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 16:12   #57
Farmalljon

38 Super, I get the same message when I try the link.

Last edited by Farmalljon; 03-10-2013 at 16:15..
Farmalljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 21:29   #58
.38 super
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmalljon View Post
38 Super, I get the same message when I try the link.
It's an old thread but sometimes I like to dig in old threads for reference and getting to this message is confusing, because I don't think that my account is limited or something... One of the members here did explain it to me but still - there are plenty of busy forums where they archive old threads...
I wish my saved threads were preserved... Most of them disappeared too...
Florida Glockers Club #1964
Калашников Клуб №1000
.38 super is offline   Reply With Quote