Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:11   #76
ca survivor

General Firearms Forum

There was a small, sharp piece of plastic sticking out from the frame and cutting into my hand. Leftover from the frame molding process I guess. Sandpaper corrected the problem.[/QUOTE]

this is one of the reasons I don't like Ruger, they didn't see that at the factory?

Last edited by ca survivor; 12-29-2012 at 10:12..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19   #77
DonD

this is one of the reasons I don't like Ruger, they didn't see that at the factory?[/QUOTE]

Seems like a pretty trivial reason for not liking a gun manufacturer. Sort of like saying "I would have married her but her little toes aren't pretty." Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 13:20   #78
Nestor
Lean & Mean

I think that majority of the Ruger clients are buying their guns for value/reliability reasons. They are ready to accept/work on some small imperfections like the one mentioned above. Sand paper and 20 seconds of my time fixed that just fine BTW. Pistol is reliable, accurate and inexpensive which for many people is the just right mixture. Of course it's impossible to please everyone.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 23:36   #79
Wolfdad

I bought my wife an SR9c and she absolutely loves it.( so do I )
Wolfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:12   #80
Mark10

Nestor....no more updates?
Mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 13:43   #81
WayneJessie

I purchased a SR9C and love it. I too am shooting the snot out of mine just to prove or disprove it's reliability. So far it eats everything I give and throws the brass to my 3:00. I don't think it takes a back seat to any polymer gun especially in it's price range. I find myself grabbing it going out the door most of the time. The SR series is a winner. I have a minor dislike of the safety but I love the trigger. Way better than my G19's was.
Old 03-01-2013, 14:56   #82
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
I purchased a SR9C and love it. I too am shooting the snot out of mine just to prove or disprove it's reliability. So far it eats everything I give and throws the brass to my 3:00. I don't think it takes a back seat to any polymer gun especially in it's price range. I find myself grabbing it going out the door most of the time. The SR series is a winner. I have a minor dislike of the safety but I love the trigger. Way better than my G19's was.
Im up to around 1600+ through my SR9c still no failures.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:22   #83
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark10 View Post
Nestor....no more updates?
No, there will be no more updates as the pistol was sold.
I had to cover some bills and since I'm currently training to become the LE officer, Glock 22 will replace SR9 in my safe soon. Sorry, but life on limited budget forced me to shut down this little project.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 23:04   #84
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
No, there will be no more updates as the pistol was sold.
I had to cover some bills and since I'm currently training to become the LE officer, Glock 22 will replace SR9 in my safe soon. Sorry, but life on limited budget forced me to shut down this little project.
Aww
Old 03-03-2013, 00:00   #85
mjkeat

I have experienced 2 SR9s. One owned by a gentleman and one a 20 something female won at a local gun show. Both ran horribly. They both experienced ejection and feeding problems. The male, an older guy, kinda blew it off as it was a range gun. The female became very frustrated as it was going to be her defensive firearm. It was so bad that her shooting was influenced in a bad manner. She went from running the Lucky Charm drill w/ confidence to barely being able to keep rounds in an 8 inch circle at 10-15ft.

When discussing this w/ a co-worker he told a similar story. Same gun, SR9, same issues.

I know this is just a sample of 3 but it's an issue of 3 for 3. Not a real confidence builder. There's just not enough time to make such gambles.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45   #86
Schrag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I have experienced 2 SR9s. One owned by a gentleman and one a 20 something female won at a local gun show. Both ran horribly. They both experienced ejection and feeding problems. The male, an older guy, kinda blew it off as it was a range gun. The female became very frustrated as it was going to be her defensive firearm. It was so bad that her shooting was influenced in a bad manner. She went from running the Lucky Charm drill w/ confidence to barely being able to keep rounds in an 8 inch circle at 10-15ft.

When discussing this w/ a co-worker he told a similar story. Same gun, SR9, same issues.

I know this is just a sample of 3 but it's an issue of 3 for 3. Not a real confidence builder. There's just not enough time to make such gambles.
I gotta ask, how did they run for you? Light-weight polymer framed guns don't run well for some people, for some reason that's escaping me right now
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56   #87
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
I gotta ask, how did they run for you? Light-weight polymer framed guns don't run well for some people, for some reason that's escaping me right now
The same exact way. It's the firearm. I have never seen a firearm run differently from person to person where it was the firearms fault. The M&Ps ran w/o issue.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:52   #88
Z400ACDC

I bought an sr9 SS yesterday, 400otd. After 100 tula, I am very pleased.
Old 02-26-2014, 20:48   #89
Schrag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The same exact way. It's the firearm. I have never seen a firearm run differently from person to person where it was the firearms fault. The M&Ps ran w/o issue.
Wow, zombie thread!

I assume you meant to say where it wasn't the firearm's fault. I have seen this personally. My brother owns a pistol that seems to work just fine for him and for me, but our other brother consistently limp-wristed it until we had him straighten his arms a bit and lean into it. Was that the firearms's fault? With a light frame, at some point the gun won't cycle if you don't hang onto it. That's simple physics, not the fault of the firearm.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote