Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:43   #1
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

ATI folding shotgun stock!

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you about something I just put on my bedside gun, the Mossberg 500. I wanted a stock with a pistol grip, and finally settled on the ATI folding stock. Installed like in 2 min, and i love it! Lets you fold the stock over the top of the gun, or fold it out into a full stock to shoulder the weapon. Very cool. Its made out of a light weight polymer that seems very very rugged. It would also be great for vehicle carry, fold it up for transport, then unfold quickly for fighting. I highly recommend it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I have something similar but Remington 870 Tactical came with it.

Tactical Shotguns

If I got to choose I would probably go with a side folder.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 04-22-2012, 13:03   #3
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at these.
Old 04-22-2012, 16:20   #4
Jon_R
Silver Membership

How well is it for getting a cheek weld and getting sights aligned with your head. I have tried some different stocks on my shotguns and always go back to the traditional stock as i can't ever seem to be able to get the proper mount of the shotgun so it is aligned with my head. I can't the gun high enough or my head low enough pending how you look at it.
Old 04-22-2012, 17:22   #5
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Plastic parts under stress will break. You may want to look at a stock that uses a metal housing and pin, not plastic, for the stress parts. Trust me I have been down that road before.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 18:22   #6
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

It's ATI.

ATI makes craptacular products, i wouldn't put one on a range gun much less a fighting gun.

A folding stock on a home defense shotgun just made it harder to shoot, as no folding stock (open) shoots as well as a fixed stock does (nothing new, and the same with submachine guns, the MP5A2 is easier to shoot than the A3, same with Uzis, wood vs metal folding).

That stock is also a clone of the original Remington (metal) folding stock, which while making the gun easier to store and giving serious Chicks Dig It points, slapped you in the face most every round, and tended to try and amputate fingers when folding if not careful.

Also, getting safeties off on a Mossberg with a pistol grip is impossible while retaining a firing grip.

Your 'review' effectively consists of "look at my cool new untested piece of junk!".

You have fun with that now.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
Old 04-22-2012, 18:27   #7
kenpoprofessor

Looking to swap the one on mine out, I hate it. I found out doing some combat shotgunning out on the range one day a few weeks after I put it on. It was killing the web of my hand between the thumb and index finger, making it very difficult to pull the action back immediately after firing.

I plan on keeping a pistol gripped buttstock, but this one is getting sold as soon as I find another on the cheap.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 04-22-2012, 19:35   #8
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
It's ATI.

ATI makes craptacular products, i wouldn't put one on a range gun much less a fighting gun.

A folding stock on a home defense shotgun just made it harder to shoot, as no folding stock (open) shoots as well as a fixed stock does (nothing new, and the same with submachine guns, the MP5A2 is easier to shoot than the A3, same with Uzis, wood vs metal folding).

That stock is also a clone of the original Remington (metal) folding stock, which while making the gun easier to store and giving serious Chicks Dig It points, slapped you in the face most every round, and tended to try and amputate fingers when folding if not careful.

Also, getting safeties off on a Mossberg with a pistol grip is impossible while retaining a firing grip.

Your 'review' effectively consists of "look at my cool new untested piece of junk!".

You have fun with that now.
I never said it was a review.
I can operate a button without amputating my fingers.
It's glass filled nylon (zytel).
I can operate a safety.
Your an ass#0le.

Old 04-22-2012, 20:42   #9
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbite View Post
Your an ass#0le.
yes he is, but he's a knowledgeable *******, and he's 100% correct on all points.
Old 04-22-2012, 21:20   #10
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
yes he is, but he's a knowledgeable *******, and he's 100% correct on all points.
I know everything he said already. I know there was a Remington version. I know that its impossible to operate the safety of a Mossberg with the same hand while holding the pistol grip. I can deal with it. Some ATI stuff is crap, some is not. I dont care how other folding sub guns shoot with a folding stock, which I also already knew, because I am a class 3 weapons dealer! So i guess we are just back to ASSH#$% comments huh? You can state your case, just like the others did, without being an ass.

Last edited by Dogbite; 04-22-2012 at 21:22..
Old 04-22-2012, 21:31   #11
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I still like the side folder or collapsible stocks. Ones like Tromix Corp give you some meat to shoot from with your cheek weld and shoulder. Even on an MP5 I like the side folder or just a full stock.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 04-22-2012, 22:22   #12
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Yeah I like it fine. It doesn't hit my face hard under full brass loads. Folders are not for everyone--some hate them. I respect that. I just thought I would throw it out there for people to know about.

Old 04-22-2012, 22:27   #13
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
How well is it for getting a cheek weld and getting sights aligned with your head. I have tried some different stocks on my shotguns and always go back to the traditional stock as i can't ever seem to be able to get the proper mount of the shotgun so it is aligned with my head. I can't the gun high enough or my head low enough pending how you look at it.
I have a good sight picture with it, and my cheek is gently against the stock. Everybody is built differently, so I am not sure how it would work with your face/sight picture vs mine.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:49   #14
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

I don't have an issue with folders if they're necessary (like a car gun) but I'll never pick one for a dedicated house gun or issue piece if I have a choice.

Guess Dogbite doesn't like hearing the truth. I don't kiss people on both cheeks and whisper nice things in their ears, I just say it like it is.

Also, it's spelled "You're".
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
Old 04-24-2012, 07:47   #15
Milhouse58421

I don't have a dog in this fight (not a fan of folding stocks though), but I find it extremely hard to believe that when push comes to shove on message boards, someone is always a SEAL, or FBI agent, or CIA or Class 3 weapons dealer. Just sayin'......
Old 04-24-2012, 18:52   #16
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
I don't have an issue with folders if they're necessary (like a car gun) but I'll never pick one for a dedicated house gun or issue piece if I have a choice.

Guess Dogbite doesn't like hearing the truth. I don't kiss people on both cheeks and whisper nice things in their ears, I just say it like it is.

Also, it's spelled "You're".
You have absolutely confused me with someone who gives a sh@# what you think.

Old 04-24-2012, 22:27   #17
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

Your money, your life. Whether you survive till you're old and gray or die screaming is irrelevant to me.

I simply refuse to let anyone praise a product from a company known to produce craptacular products with essentially no real time using it yet.

Theoretically ATI could in fact, make a product worth more than a steaming pile of cow crap, but with Speedfeed, Mesa, Hogue, Choate, Butler Creek and various other companies who "do" make known-to-work products......why even bother with ATI?
Old 04-26-2012, 22:13   #18
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Look, you hate ATI, and their stocks, great. Write them a letter and quit your whining. I just liked the stock, so I started a thread about it. You act like someone at ATI insulted your family or some damn thing. Who the f#$% cares!

Last edited by Dogbite; 04-26-2012 at 22:35..
Old 04-27-2012, 00:48   #19
dakotasdad

Quote:
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you about something I just put on my bedside gun, the Mossberg 500. I wanted a stock with a pistol grip, and finally settled on the ATI folding stock. Installed like in 2 min, and i love it! Lets you fold the stock over the top of the gun, or fold it out into a full stock to shoulder the weapon. Very cool. Its made out of a light weight polymer that seems very very rugged. It would also be great for vehicle carry, fold it up for transport, then unfold quickly for fighting. I highly recommend it!!

MOSSBERG 500 ATI FOLDING STOCK - YouTube
Just make sure you push the release button or you'll be SOL. Ask me how I know...

Since you asked.... My buddy was being funny and forgot to push the release button and thought he could just snap the stock open. Yeah, he snapped it open alright..

POS.. Don't find out the hard way..

The choate wire folder is much better. Seriously

Tactical shotgun club #715, Kalashnikov Klub #715, Rimfire club #715
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47   #20
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

Just because you wasted your money on a cheap piece of crap doesn't mean I'll let anyone else do so.

It's called educated opinion with knowledge of the company's products....I wouldn't give an ATI stock to a hadji.
Old 04-27-2012, 22:02   #21
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasdad View Post
Just make sure you push the release button or you'll be SOL. Ask me how I know...

Since you asked.... My buddy was being funny and forgot to push the release button and thought he could just snap the stock open. Yeah, he snapped it open alright..

POS.. Don't find out the hard way..

The choate wire folder is much better. Seriously
Thanks for the info sir!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:04   #22
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Thanks for the info sir!
Not all of ATI's products are bad. Yes, they do have some, "Questionable" products though. I have one of their M4 style collapsible stocks on my Mossy 500. It's been on there for nearly 1,000 rounds, many of those were full power buckshot loads.

It's seen two 3 day tactical courses and has been dropped in the dirt, drug through the mud, and even fell of the tailgate of a moving pickup and hit the ground.

It still works like it should although it's not as pretty as it was when I put it on the gun!

I can't speak for the folding model that you purchased. Further, judging by what others have unfavorably said about it here, I feel it would be sound advice to thoroughly test it at the range before you declare it good to go for HD duty!

Good luck!

Last edited by NEOH212; 05-07-2012 at 03:05..
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07   #23
irishbum

Quote:
I know everything he said already. I know there was a Remington version. I know that its impossible to operate the safety of a Mossberg with the same hand while holding the pistol grip. I can deal with it. Some ATI stuff is crap, some is not. I dont care how other folding sub guns shoot with a folding stock, which I also already knew, because I am a class 3 weapons dealer! So i guess we are just back to ASSH#$% comments huh? You can state your case, just like the others did, without being an ass.
Wow you are a business man and conduct yourself this way on a forum, classy.

Also ATI makes *****, sorry bud. If you like the ATI good for you so do a bunch of teenage call of duty play'n tactical ninjas. So now we all know where you sit mentally , I say good luck with the cheap pos folding stock champ.
Old 05-09-2012, 16:29   #24
Ingermanland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
Plastic parts under stress will break. You may want to look at a stock that uses a metal housing and pin, not plastic, for the stress parts. Trust me I have been down that road before.
I have that ATI stock on my Moss 500 for 4 years and I shoot about 1000 rounds a year. I don't know what kind of stress you are talking about, but the stock still folds, unfolds and locks as brand new.

Last edited by Ingermanland; 05-09-2012 at 16:40..
Old 05-09-2012, 20:05   #25
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbum View Post
Wow you are a business man and conduct yourself this way on a forum, classy.

Also ATI makes *****, sorry bud. If you like the ATI good for you so do a bunch of teenage call of duty play'n tactical ninjas. So now we all know where you sit mentally , I say good luck with the cheap pos folding stock champ.
I am always a gentleman, until someone else turns *******. My business is doing great. Only a fool would draw conclusions about where a person sits mentally because they tried a certain product. Maybe I will like it, maybe I will not in the long run, but either way I see no reason for someone to be an ******* on the internet, champ

Closed Thread