SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2012, 15:27   #21
asingh20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
Welcome to this forum and to Ohio! Ohio is a CCW-friendly state alright. I'm new to guns also - got a Glock 23 last month. You'll find a lot of help and great tips here!
Thanks!

What range do you go to btw? & Are you buying ammo locally ?
asingh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 15:35   #22
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh20 View Post
Thanks!

What range do you go to btw? & Are you buying ammo locally ?
Went to Stonewall range in Brecksville (I-77 & Ohio 82). Thinking of trying an outdoor range in Garrettsville I found out about, maybe this weekend.

I've been buying ammo at the gun store I got my 23, Great Lakes Outdoor Supply in Chesterland. $16.50 for box of 50 FMJ .40 cal. Found a couple of places on the internet that are cheaper, but when you figure in shipping, it's all the same.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 15:46   #23
asingh20

Quote:
Went to Stonewall range in Brecksville (I-77 & Ohio 82). Thinking of trying an outdoor range in Garrettsville I found out about, maybe this weekend.

I've been buying ammo at the gun store I got my 23, Great Lakes Outdoor Supply in Chesterland. $16.50 for box of 50 FMJ .40 cal. Found a couple of places on the internet that are cheaper, but when you figure in shipping, it's all the same.
True & you should also check out pro-armament if you decide to come down towards akron. 7 lanes so it isn't over crowded, and the range business hours are convenient.

How was stonewall btw?
Old 04-19-2012, 15:50   #24
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Stonewall was fine. Nearly full when I was there (late afternoon). One guy on the end was firing a shotgun - boy was that loud. Even though it was my first time shooting, the guns going off right next to me really didn't bother me. Kinda cool with all the brass flying around .
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 16:05   #25
asingh20

Quote:
Stonewall was fine. Nearly full when I was there (late afternoon). One guy on the end was firing a shotgun - boy was that loud. Even though it was my first time shooting, the guns going off right next to me really didn't bother me. Kinda cool with all the brass flying around .
Yeah same here! I was using my buddies ruger 357 magnum and that thing overshadowed all of the other shots being fired. Wait time for a lane wasn't bad either, walked around the store for about 2-3 minutes max.

I will stop by Stonewall during the summer when they have their special between june 1st and august 31st. half off mondays, less a dollar each of box of ammo on tuesday, thursday a random drawing to see your rate for that day, and fridays 2 shooters one lane 10 bucks. sounds like a steal!
Old 04-20-2012, 14:46   #26
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 16:22   #27
bear62

Practice ....... a lot......
bear62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:31   #28
ca survivor

deleted, double post

Last edited by ca survivor; 04-21-2012 at 11:33..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote