SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-06-2014, 16:21   #1
esminbritt
Elias

The droughts seems to be waning a bit

After searching for a long time now, I found Speer Gold Dot +p 124gr for 60 per round from Ammuntion Depot. That was the price per 50 rd box. I ordered 10 boxes and it all came delivered for about 314.00. Just thought I'd let you know. Gunbot hasn't had these-that Ive seen-for less than a buck/ round for a while.

Safe shootin' everybody.
esminbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 22:00   #2
bac1023

I wish 22lr was easier to find in bulk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 22:07   #3
esminbritt
Elias

I never got into .22, especially not at current prices.
Old 03-07-2014, 22:08   #4
esminbritt
Elias

Damn, I just checket Gunbot and you can 9mm target rounds for cheaper than .22. thats nuts
Old 03-08-2014, 05:13   #5
Tiro Fijo

Ironic you mention that as I was recently in a major chain retailer here in TX and a salesperson told me that even after a year the same bunch of A-Holes waits/calls EVERY morning for shipments. He said most are older and look like stereotypical Rednecks.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49   #6
esminbritt
Elias

yeah, I never played into that brick and mortar store mania. There still ain't nuthin' at those big box stores that's a good buy. Target 9 rounds at 75/rd and decent hollow points at 1.25/rd. And I never sawGDHP's +p at any of them. Ammunition Depot is an online dealer. Good to work with. Ammo to go and SG are a couple others that I would recommend. I'm not a "hoarder." I just like to keep a thousand rounds or so of each of the three calibers i shoot. I like to mix it up: 1/2 fmj, 1/2jhp. I wont be making any other ammo purchases this year. I had just been waiting to find Gold Dot 124 +p for a decent price.
Old 03-08-2014, 16:00   #7
cowboy1964

9mm target ammo is still pretty scarce online. A few Blazer and such here and there but at like $15-17 per box, no thanks.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 16:35   #8
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
9mm target ammo is still pretty scarce online. A few Blazer and such here and there but at like $15-17 per box, no thanks.
Until enough diehard conservatives decide to vote for credible candidates instead of sitting out elections because the viable candidate running against the "progressive" Democrat isn't their personal choice the cost of ammo is going to keep rising.
Old 03-08-2014, 22:10   #9
esminbritt
Elias

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Try gunbot. It's a site that tracks all online offerings. But yeah, American/Non Magnetic can't be had for much less than 30/rd. I hae stopped complaining about that. I have stopped the fantasy of shooting for recreation regularly. I have a decent stock of good FMJ to keep my skills sharp for a few years. I've just been trying to bulk up my self defense ammo a bit. I decided last year that I wanted a bulk lot of Speer Gold Dot 124 +p but havent seen it for less than a buck a round. Usually more than that. I was psyched to see it a 60 a round. I've seen Blazedr go for that much at some ranges. it's like "Damn, I'm gonna pay you to shoot this stuff here...why stick it to me on the cartridges as well?"
Old 03-08-2014, 22:18   #10
esminbritt
Elias

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Until enough diehard conservatives decide to vote for credible candidates instead of sitting out elections because the viable candidate running against the "progressive" Democrat isn't their personal choice the cost of ammo is going to keep rising.
I'm not exactly sure what you meant, but I get the gist, and I agree. The way I see it, simply put, the gOP needs to field a viable candidate. For sake of conversation, lets say Obama is horrible. But McCain was weak and Palin was more than enough straw to break the camels back. And the Romney? Seriously? No disrespect, but I wouldn't have voted Romney if he was running against Satan himself. I would LOVE an election with TWO decent candidates running. One where there was an actual choice to make. And don't get me wrong, I am a true moderate. I lean in opposite directions on many issues. And regardless, yes, he price of ammo will keep rising. Buy low. Shoot straight. And you can always sell high, especially if it;s in trade for food when the SHTF.