Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:46   #1
C0untZer0

G34 holster for action shooting ?

I want to get into action shooting with my G34 but I don't have a holster for it. So I'm looking for recomendations for a competition holster.
C0untZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57   #2
mike g35

Depending on what division and discipline you are planning to shoot in I would suggest the following:
For limited-limited 10 USPSA I would go with a CR Speed rig or a Ghost
For production division I would look at Bladetech, CompTac, or my favorite production holster the Safariland 5197. I
For open division once again the CR Speed rig should be your first choice, then maybe a Ghost.
I use the SL 5197 for my production gun and I couldn't be happier with it. Its a great looking holster, its retention is highly adjustable, and it doesn't cost anywhere near what the Bladetechs or CompTacs do. I own a Bladetech and a Comptac and they are nice but they don't do anything that the Safariland doesn't.
As for limited, limited 10 or open your most likely not going to compete in those divisions with a G34. You could compete in open by building it into a racegun, limited would require some modifications as well. And shooting 9 major would be a must if you want some decent scores in those two divisions also, you have to load your own ammo and you will be shooting some EXTREMELY hot rounds to make major. If I was going to shoot limited, and I do, I would shoot a G35 with a magwell on it (at the least), for open a G17 or G22 Carver racegun will get you where you need to be and beyond. check out the modifications you can make here www.bb-enterprise.biz and message me if you have any other questions. I will be glad to help as much as I can.
(Remember the CR Speed rig is NOT legal in the production division.)
Old 04-13-2012, 13:02   #3
4Rules

IDPA's holster rules are more restrictive.

IDPAforum
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:11   #4
TSAX
USAF Vet

What type are you getting into. IDPA, USPSA, IPSC, they have different rules and different holster options.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 04-13-2012 at 13:11..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 13:14   #5
RightYouAreKen

I'm not a super duper gamer, so I like my Bladetech IDPA holster/mag pouch combo just fine. I use it for idpa and uspsa, with an extra mag pouch for uspsa. You could get a drop offset holster for uspsa, but I'm not sure the benefit would justify the cost at less than serious gamer skill level.
RightYouAreKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 14:00   #6
MrVvrroomm

Blade-Tech DOH. Use it for USPSA. When you do IDPA you'll have to take out the drop/offset portion of the holster. This takes 2 minutes to convert.

You won't be disappointed.

Certified Glock Armorer
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 16:52   #7
HK Dan

Side armor makes a good competition holster too, and that is legal in IDPA and USPSA Production.
Old 04-13-2012, 21:11   #8
Shadyscott69
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
Depending on what division and discipline you are planning to shoot in I would suggest the following:
For limited-limited 10 USPSA I would go with a CR Speed rig or a Ghost
For production division I would look at Bladetech, CompTac, or my favorite production holster the Safariland 5197. I
For open division once again the CR Speed rig should be your first choice, then maybe a Ghost.
I use the SL 5197 for my production gun and I couldn't be happier with it. Its a great looking holster, its retention is highly adjustable, and it doesn't cost anywhere near what the Bladetechs or CompTacs do. I own a Bladetech and a Comptac and they are nice but they don't do anything that the Safariland doesn't.
As for limited, limited 10 or open your most likely not going to compete in those divisions with a G34. You could compete in open by building it into a racegun, limited would require some modifications as well. And shooting 9 major would be a must if you want some decent scores in those two divisions also, you have to load your own ammo and you will be shooting some EXTREMELY hot rounds to make major. If I was going to shoot limited, and I do, I would shoot a G35 with a magwell on it (at the least), for open a G17 or G22 Carver racegun will get you where you need to be and beyond. check out the modifications you can make here www.bb-enterprise.biz and message me if you have any other questions. I will be glad to help as much as I can.
(Remember the CR Speed rig is NOT legal in the production division.)

You cannot make major in limited with 9mm. I don't care how hot you load the round. 40 is the minimum round size for major in Limited.
Shadyscott69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 21:13   #9
Shadyscott69
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVvrroomm View Post
Blade-Tech DOH. Use it for USPSA. When you do IDPA you'll have to take out the drop/offset portion of the holster. This takes 2 minutes to convert.

You won't be disappointed.
Good advice ^^^
Shadyscott69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 20:02   #10
Epizza
Cap Peeler

I shoot IDPA and I love my safariland.
Epizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:52   #11
mike g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyscott69 View Post
You cannot make major in limited with 9mm. I don't care how hot you load the round. 40 is the minimum round size for major in Limited.
100% correct Scott, I really didn't mean he should shoot 9 major in limited but I didn't word that quite clear enough. As for the OP's original question I have an option. Like everyone else was saying, Bladetech makes a good holster. I don't like to wait 5 weeks for them to make one so I usually go with Safailand or something else. But I found a G34/35 holster, a Bladetech, on Dillon Precisions website for $29.99 and they are in stock. Since I just bought a gen 4 G34 I figured I would go ahead and grab one myself. I cant speak as to the quality of the holster yet, but I figure coming from Bladetech its going to be good. I also bought one for my 1911. If you are looking for a good holster that won't break the bank you may want to look into those. www.dillonprecision.com
Old 04-22-2012, 12:33   #12
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
100% correct Scott, I really didn't mean he should shoot 9 major in limited but I didn't word that quite clear enough. As for the OP's original question I have an option. Like everyone else was saying, Bladetech makes a good holster. I don't like to wait 5 weeks for them to make one so I usually go with Safailand or something else. But I found a G34/35 holster, a Bladetech, on Dillon Precisions website for $29.99 and they are in stock. Since I just bought a gen 4 G34 I figured I would go ahead and grab one myself. I cant speak as to the quality of the holster yet, but I figure coming from Bladetech its going to be good. I also bought one for my 1911. If you are looking for a good holster that won't break the bank you may want to look into those. www.dillonprecision.com
Be advised that the holster may not work with the GEN4 G34. Over a week ago, I sent an email to B/T on that same question about the DOH (since I have been debating picking up a GEN4 G34 or G35) and the response that I received back from B/T was that at this time, if I needed a holster for a GEN4 G34/G35, it would be a 'special order' deal. Perhaps the lady was wrong though , so please let us know when you get it in hand.
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 18:49   #13
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njanear View Post
Be advised that the holster may not work with the GEN4 G34. Over a week ago, I sent an email to B/T on that same question about the DOH (since I have been debating picking up a GEN4 G34 or G35) and the response that I received back from B/T was that at this time, if I needed a holster for a GEN4 G34/G35, it would be a 'special order' deal. Perhaps the lady was wrong though , so please let us know when you get it in hand.
I'm not sure which holster you guys are talking about, but the B/T SRB (Sting Ray Belt holster) is the one I have. Bought it for my G17, works fine for my G34.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 17:52   #14
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron59 View Post
I'm not sure which holster you guys are talking about, but the B/T SRB (Sting Ray Belt holster) is the one I have. Bought it for my G17, works fine for my G34.
Your G34 is a GEN3, isn't it? It is the GEN4 G34s/G35s with the larger slide front ends (to cover the new RSAs) that we are talking about fitting into G34/G35 sized holsters (not open-ended ones that don't protect the front sight or muzzle) - apparently the extra material either prevents the slide from fitting in the GEN3 G34/G35 holster OR it is so tight that it is hard to draw from the holster. Hopefully Mike g35 will let us know how the new holster works for his GEN4 G34.
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote