Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:09   #321
Vic Mackey

Results with new storm lake barrel and my lead reloads

Hi guys,
I just wanted to get back to you all as requested about my results. I got my storm lake barrel for my glock 22 in 40sw and it dropped right in for a nice tight fit. I took several boxes of my loads to the range to try out. 1st was MBC 140 gr tc and 6gr of unique. 2nd was 180 gr LRN and 6.2gr of AA#2. 3rd was 180gr tc with 6.2gr AA#2.

I shot all 50 of each and they all went bang with no feeding issues or jams at all. I am very happy with it and would recommend it highly to the rest of you looking to shoot lead from a glock 22.

Vic Mackey out
Old 07-25-2012, 13:11   #322
Bluescot

Still waiting

After 2 PM's to JR, one with a promise of faster service, I still do not have either the .40 nor the .45 barrel back from them.

They received both barrels on May 9th in their shop and nothing to date....................

Makes me wonder what their service would be like on other items that they sell??????????
Old 07-25-2012, 14:18   #323
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
After 2 PM's to JR, one with a promise of faster service, I still do not have either the .40 nor the .45 barrel back from them.

They received both barrels on May 9th in their shop and nothing to date....................

Makes me wonder what their service would be like on other items that they sell??????????
I'm sure he has some convoluted theory about how it's all your fault.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 07-25-2012, 14:24   #324
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post

Bluescot
After reading JR's responses on this thread if I was shopping for a barrel I would look somewhere else for a product.
I wish you good luck getting yours back. SJ 40
Old 07-25-2012, 16:51   #325
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Bluescot
After reading JR's responses on this thread if I was shopping for a barrel I would look somewhere else for a product.
I wish you good luck getting yours back. SJ 40

Thanks. Actually in the last PM I stated that at this point in the game it would be better just to give me a refund for both barrels but still haven't heard anything from JR.

Only promises and no barrels.
Old 07-25-2012, 16:59   #326
DoctaGlockta

Thanks for the reminder guys. I sent a check for two barrels quite some time ago and had forgotten about them. Will place a call to customer service tomorrow to see what is up.

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 07-26-2012, 12:02   #327
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The saga of Bluescot "Two Barrels" will continue. Unfortunately he is only providing partial information. I asked him to simply send me a couple samples of his reload so I could hand ream the chamber to fit. He insisted on waiting for the custom LWD reamer so fondly referred to as " The GT Hole".
The reamer is on order, I have to wait, he has to wait!
He will not be issued a refund because the barrels have been modified!

Once again I would like to state for the record: The issue is with his reload, not factory loads. I have provided a simple video for your further review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:13   #328
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The saga of Bluescot "Two Barrels" will continue. Unfortunately he is only providing partial information. I asked him to simply send me a couple samples of his reload so I could hand ream the chamber to fit. He insisted on waiting for the custom LWD reamer so fondly referred to as " The GT Hole".

Once again I would like to state for the record: The issue is with his reload, not factory loads. I have provided a simple video for your further review.
Seems pretty cut and dry to me...
I don't understand why Bluescot wouldn't want to send his own loads in to have them modified?
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26   #329
Colorado4Wheel

Still doesn't understand what reloaders need.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:31   #330
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Seems pretty cut and dry to me...
I don't understand why Bluescot wouldn't want to send his own loads in to have them modified?
I agree Bluescot should send in some reloads.(if he didn't already)

That said it sounds to me like LW does not have the reamer yet anyway.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38   #331
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

I have both a G26 and G27 and today I saw Lone Wolf Conversion barrels for the G27 on sale for $99.97 at Cheaper Than Dirt. I couldn't decide which I wanted, the 9mm or the 357 sig, so I got both. I'm really looking forward to using the 357 Sig as I've never fired one before.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47   #332
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I agree Bluescot should send in some reloads.(if he didn't already)

That said it sounds to me like LW does not have the reamer yet anyway.

A reamer costs about $70 and since it is only cleaning up 0.001" (more or less), it shouldn't be a difficult task for an end user to open up the chamber.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4...TOL-CARTRIDGES

I think...

Richard
Old 07-26-2012, 13:40   #333
DoctaGlockta

Say what you want but they must be really busy and doing well.

I have had a couple of barrels on back order since Feb.

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 07-26-2012, 14:07   #334
watertower

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
A reamer costs about $70 and since it is only cleaning up 0.001" (more or less), it shouldn't be a difficult task for an end user to open up the chamber.

I think...

Richard
From what I've gathered reading part of this thread the throat needs to be reamed. I didn't see any throat reamers on Brownells, only finish reamers which aren't going to get the job done because the throat/leade is set to a predetermined depth on a finish reamer.

I just bought a LW 40 conversion barrel for my G20 to use for USPSA. I knew ahead of time it would need to be throated, as nobody is going to cut a .40 chamber to run ammo at an OAL of 1.200" with a 200gr truncated cone bullet unless it's a special order. Sure I was hoping to get lucky, but didn't expect it.

I've had other LW barrels in 9mm and 40 and never had a problem, but I wasn't reloading long rounds or using oddball bullets like I will be through the new 40 barrel.
Old 07-26-2012, 14:21   #335
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post

I think...

Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by watertower View Post
From what I've gathered reading part of this thread the throat needs to be reamed. I didn't see any throat reamers on Brownells, only finish reamers which aren't going to get the job done because the throat/leade is set to a predetermined depth on a finish reamer.
This is exactly what result I came upon when debating having my local gunsmith do it.
JR did right by me no unreasonable requests either way.
&
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 07-26-2012 at 14:21..
Old 07-26-2012, 14:39   #336
Meathead9

Quote:
I just bought a LW 40 conversion barrel for my G20 to use for USPSA. I knew ahead of time it would need to be throated, as nobody is going to cut a .40 chamber to run ammo at an OAL of 1.200" with a 200gr truncated cone bullet unless it's a special order. Sure I was hoping to get lucky, but didn't expect it.
I just bought a KKM 10-40 barrel for the same reason, my USPSA Limited gun. I sent KKM some dummy rounds of Bear Creek 180gr TC's @ 1.20" & 1.22". They finish reamed it at no additional cost. My KKM 10-40 barrel has eaten 400rds of 180gr Bear Creeks @ 1.20" with no issues.

On a side note, I know a guy that loads 180gr JHP's out at 1.26" OAL in his KKM 10-40 barrel just the way it came.
Old 07-26-2012, 16:16   #337
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post

27 & 30 barrel - YouTube
JR

There you go again telling only half the story. In post #251 of this thread your offer was:

"No, I plan to waive the $30 fee in this instance.
If anybody reading this thread has a LWD barrel that is not performing as well as they think it should, I will ask them to return the barrel so we can recut the chamber to the COLT (you see, I have a name for it) spec chamber. Once the barrel is received I simply request they post their findings here on this thread. You guys may be disgruntled but I firmly believe you are honest so you are going to say the barrel works as advertized. (I win again)
Once this chamber is accepted, I will most likely change all the Gen4 chambers to fit the same. Yes that is correct, I will change 10's of thousands of barrel chambers to stop these 5 guys from their rant. NOW I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE A DEMOCRAT! Change the needs of the many to fit the 5!
Oh yah, because I detest this chamber I will drop the price too. I will sell more barrels in May than I normally do in 6 months.

PS: If you want your chamber hogged out to this Colt spec simply mail it to us at the regular LWD address and print on the outside of the package "GT Hole Requested".
PSS: *You must also write a personal note saying you think I am a great guy and awesome listener. (come on, now thats funny!) "

If you reread that, and I know you can, there is no requirement for sending in any reloaded ammo in your offer. You made the offer, I accepted the terms of the offer as stated. Sounds like a contract to me. Sometimes the things we say and the offers we make are recorded and come back to bit us in the butt, right????

It is supposed to be the "Colt chamber" and it would be reasonable to assume that you would have the materials on hand in order to extend the offer. Silly thought huh??

Those two barrels were delivered to your shop on May 9, 2012 ( I add the year there because in the future it may become critical) at 9:56AM as per a USPS Confirm Receipt, I thought that might come in handy.

It has now been 78 days since the barrels hit your shop and still just a song and a dance about how the reamer has been ordered but not yet arrived. Sounds a wee bit like the similar line "It's in the mail".

Amazing and pathetic mode of dealing with customers and then failing to follow through with a valid offer and acceptance.

How much longer till both barrels are corrected??????????
Old 07-26-2012, 16:17   #338
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Say what you want but they must be really busy and doing well.

I have had a couple of barrels on back order since Feb.
Its because they are cheaper than the other barrels.

Since I take it the LW barrels are made overseas (as nobody will say for sure where they are made) the lead time is a lot longer than a made in the USA barrel like KKM, Storm Lake ore BarSto.

Bluescot just send off two dummy rounds for each barrel to him. He won't have any more reasons for not sending the barrels then. Well he shouldn't.

Last edited by dkf; 07-26-2012 at 16:21..
Old 07-26-2012, 16:45   #339
Colorado4Wheel

KKM is also very busy. So much so that they are not keeping up with new distributor orders is the rumor.
Old 07-26-2012, 17:31   #340
F106 Fan

Quote:
From the description at Brownell's, the finish reamer includes the throating function. It should produce a SAAMI chamber in all regards.

Now, if somebody want to load a 9mm to 3", I guess they have to buy a custom barrel (and cases). But it's my understanding that the problem at hand is the chamber diameter being too small for lead bullets which are 0.001" larger in diameter than jacketed bullets. There is only 0.001" clearance in a SAAMI chamber so even if the chamber were perfect, there still might be a problem if the wall thickness of the brass is too much.

In any event, it's pretty clear from the video that the LWD barrel will work on factory ammo. What is unclear is whether it will work on lead bullets that are larger in diameter and that, of course, is the primary reason for retrofitting the Glock barrel.

Richard

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?