SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 14:29   #281
bandook

OK. I'm confused...
I was all set to get a Lone Wolf G30 .45acp barrel to shoot Bear Creek .452 moly/poly bullets through my Glock but now I'm a little concerned that the LW barrel is going to be more trouble than its worth.

Does the 'fit' issue exist with the .45acp barrels as well?

I really don't want to buy a barrel knowing that I have to send it back for rework.
Old 05-18-2012, 14:41   #282
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandook View Post
OK. I'm confused...
I was all set to get a Lone Wolf G30 .45acp barrel to shoot Bear Creek .452 moly/poly bullets through my Glock but now I'm a little concerned that the LW barrel is going to be more trouble than its worth.

I really don't want to buy a barrel knowing that I have to send it back for rework.

To answer your questions....Yep and Yep
Old 05-18-2012, 16:33   #283
Cwlongshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandook View Post
OK. I'm confused...

Don't worry, buy the barrel and enjoy it. IF you have issues they will stand behind the product and make it rite!

CW
Old 05-18-2012, 20:09   #284
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Rechamber update: I have received one barrel and got word of 3 coming inbound. Thats 4 total barrels slated for rechamber. Thats WAY less than 1/10 of 1%.

bandook: You are reading way too much into this thread. There is absolutely no guarantee your load will fit anybodys chamber as is. LWD will verify fit if you send in your load.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-18-2012, 20:49   #285
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Rechamber update: I have received one barrel and got word of 3 coming inbound. Thats 4 total barrels slated for rechamber. Thats WAY less than 1/10 of 1%.

bandook: You are reading way too much into this thread. There is absolutely no guarantee your load will fit anybodys chamber as is. LWD will verify fit if you send in your load.

WRONG
. I sent two barrels to your shop that were received in your shop on May 9th at 9:55AM as per USPS Delivery Confirmation receipt. I can send you the Confirmation Number if you wish.

I was wondering when they would be re-chambered and sent back?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48   #286
spookmagnet

I don't have a dog in this fight - I don't own any LW barrels. Lots of other LW parts, but no barrels.

JR, I think you are a pretty good sport for participating in this thread, FWIW.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30   #287
Cwlongshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookmagnet View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight - I don't own any LW barrels. Lots of other LW parts, but no barrels.

JR, I think you are a pretty good sport for participating in this thread, FWIW.
I agree, I don't see the reason for the negativity towards you (JR) and LWD in general.

Your here, frequently posting, responding and addressing issues. Daily taking the punches and STILL offering AND actually helping. Thats a stand up guy/ company in my book.

Again, others opinions obviously very...

CW

Last edited by Cwlongshot; 05-19-2012 at 13:18..
Old 05-19-2012, 12:50   #288
SJ 40

I know I'd still like to know what cowboy action calibers they are chambering in Glock barrels. I have been shooting CAS since 1986 and I have yet to see one. SJ 40
Old 05-20-2012, 22:26   #289
I Shooter

I ordered a ported LW barrel for my 36. I ordered it black and no wolf. When I got it it would not shoot HP. It would shoot FMJ fine. I called LW and they said to send it back. They had if for nine weeks and I called and they said that they had sent me an email the day before. I got no such email. They said I was sen an older barrel and the newer one had less support on the ramp and that should take care of the problem. That was two weeks ago and I still have not gotten the barrel. I bought a LW barrel for my 21 and it shoots every thing. I have had no problems out of it at all. I do reload and plan to use lead bullets. As of this date I have not loaded any thing for my Glocks. The only ammo I have used is Remington and Winchester so far. Winchester FMJ and Remington HP. They both shoot well in the Glcok barrels. I hope I will be getting the 36 barrel back soon. I hope they fixed it. Time will tell.
Old 05-20-2012, 22:57   #290
Epizza
Cap Peeler

I have a G22 and just purchased a LWD 40-9 conversion and I love it. It has never giving me any trouble. I have shot all types of 9mm ammo without any hiccups. I have used it in IDPA and have several hundred rds thru it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2012, 06:58   #291
wdphillips

I have LW barrels for all of my Glock platforms except 10mm (which I am looking for). I have yet to have a problem with any of the barrels. I will and do make sure my reloading for each caliber works with each of my LW barrels. In fact I believe using the LW barrels has made me a better reloader.

Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
Old 05-21-2012, 15:07   #292
bandook

Quote:

OK. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2012, 15:14   #293
bandook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
I know I'd still like to know what cowboy action calibers they are chambering in Glock barrels. I have been shooting CAS since 1986 and I have yet to see one. SJ 40
I agree.

Glock makes a big deal out of not shooting lead bullets in their barrels.
So when someone says you can shoot lead bullets in their conventionally rifled barrel, one makes a natural assumption of - buy lead bullets, load up some ammo in the garage and then go shoot it in the Glock with a LW barrel.

I did some more reading on the LW website and they do acknowledge that their chambers are rather tight - tight enough that a round that passed a dillon or midway case gage may or may not chamber in a Lone Wolf Barrel.

Last edited by bandook; 05-21-2012 at 15:53..
Old 05-21-2012, 15:47   #294
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
PS: If you want your chamber hogged out to this Colt spec simply mail it to us at the regular LWD address and print on the outside of the package "GT Hole Requested".
Quote:
47 Total people have replied in this thread. 4 Barrels on the way to you. I am not a math wiz compared to Sheldon and the other Big Bang Theory Guys but I don't think that is 1/10 of 1%. Maybe it's some sort of new math. Most of us sold our LW barrels after being disappointed. We didn't hold on to them waiting for your generous offer to Have it Hogged to some Colt spec. If I did still have it I don't think I would send it back to you anyway.
Old 06-05-2012, 15:12   #295
Bluescot

Anyone get their "Hogged Out" barrel back from LWD?

I sent in two barrels 4 weeks ago and still haven't seen anything coming back in the mail on them yet.

Anyone else had any luck?

I'm sure it's not getting any priority in the shop but I thought that 4 weeks in-shop would be enough time to ream out a couple of chambers.
Old 06-05-2012, 15:30   #296
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
I sent in two barrels 4 weeks ago and still haven't seen anything coming back in the mail on them yet.

I'm sure it's not getting any priority in the shop but I thought that 4 weeks in-shop would be enough time to ream out a couple of chambers.
LWD is in a complete state of slack. You wouldn't understand.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 06-12-2012, 11:23   #297
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
LWD is in a complete state of slack. You wouldn't understand.

It's now been 5 weeks and nothing yet from LWD on the rechambering of the barrels.

Any news from anyone else who sent barrels in under the recall "Hog Out"?
Old 06-12-2012, 14:41   #298
Colorado4Wheel

You could have sent it to me and I would have it properly done but it wouldn't have been "Free". Of course you get what you pay for.

Reloading
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02   #299
Bello
America/Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Is it a question of LW barrels not feeding lead or not feeding certain bullet profiles?

When I made the horrendous mistake of buying a G30 I found that the stock barrel would not feed my Lyman 200 grain SWC'S. Ordered a LW barrel hoping this would correct the problem... it didn't.

Contacted LW, they asked me to return the barrel with several dummy rounds. Had the barrel back in 5 or 6 days, (they paid for return shipping). Although feeding was a bit better it was certainly not anywhere close to being acceptable.

Bought a Lyman 225 grain RN mould. Feeds like a charm which again begs the question, is the failure to feed certain bullet profiles in a LW barrel the fault of the barrel or more closely connected to the geometrical design of the Glock feeding system?

I've used the exact same Lyman mould for well over .45 years and the G30 is the only gun I've ever owned that they would not feed through.

I also echo Little Stevie's thoughts that they never used to charge for modifying the chamber... the $30 charge appears to be something relatively new.

Jack
Hmm... Jack the lead 9mm rn you made me couple years back shoots excellent in my Glock 19
Old 06-13-2012, 10:24   #300
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:

Actually I got mine back several weeks ago. Total turn around was about 6 days. I give props to JR he kept in constant communication with me via email as to the status, even though he was on the road at a trade show or something. I apologize to him for not giving feedback promptly. Been to engrossed in my long gun stuff.
The barrel came back slightly over sized in the chamber and the throat was lengthened. I haven't had time to test with it lately. I did put 30 rounds through it a couple weeks ago functions fine with my 1.150 OAL loads now. POI seems unchanged, I'll be benching it this weekend and doing more reliability testing with dynamic movement.
I'm happy... Thanks JR

Quote:
It's now been 5 weeks and nothing yet from LWD on the rechambering of the barrels.

Any news from anyone else who sent barrels in under the recall "Hog Out"?
Did you get delivery confirmation that they received it?
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 06-13-2012 at 10:27..

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?