Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2012, 20:06   #1
RLZIII

Glock 27 - OEM Night Sights

For a Glock 27 Gen4, which Glock OEM rear night sights are recommended: 6.1/-1, 6.5/0, or 6.9/+1? Thanks!
RLZIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:27   #2
GRT45
Transform & Win

For the G27 40S&W Gen4 or Gen3, the standard rear night sight is 6.5mm/+0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-15-2012 at 10:49..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 13:57   #3
RLZIII

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm not getting a lot of luck with the search feature (as searching for "glock night sights" obviously comes up with too many non-related results): How do the OEM night sights compare to that of other brands? I like to get Glock OEM parts as much as possible for my carry gun, and it seems like the Glock OEM ones are pretty good. However, I haven't had the chance to see them in person.
Old 04-14-2012, 15:11   #4
GRT45
Transform & Win

The excellent summary of night sights linked below will get you started with some good information about your choices for factory-installed night sights; either Meprolight or Trijicon lamps and the strengths of either type. It also includes information about other aftermarket alternatives.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=22

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 04-14-2012 at 15:12..
Old 04-14-2012, 23:37   #5
RLZIII

Thank you very much for the reply. I've heard that Glock has both Meprolight and Trijicon OEM sights, but I can't seem to find a place that sells both. I can find the front sight by what appears to be Trijicon, and the rear sight of unknown origin (anyone know if the rear is Trijicon or Meprolight?). Can I only choose the different sights from the factory?

The AmeriGlo sights are looking rather appealing though...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:04   #6
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLZIII View Post
Thank you very much for the reply. I've heard that Glock has both Meprolight and Trijicon OEM sights, but I can't seem to find a place that sells both. I can find the front sight by what appears to be Trijicon, and the rear sight of unknown origin (anyone know if the rear is Trijicon or Meprolight?). Can I only choose the different sights from the factory?

The AmeriGlo sights are looking rather appealing though...
Your link to the rear night sight is the factory GLOCK 6.5mm Rear (Meprolight lamps).

Below are the Glock Part Numbers with links to GlockParts.com which sells them all.

Factory GLOCK (Meprolight)

NF17G24 GLOCK Front (screw-on)
NR17G24 GLOCK 6.5mm Rear

Factory Trijicon

NF17A24 Trijicon Front (screw-on)
NR17A24 Trijicon 6.5mm Rear

Trijicon Set (less expensive when purchased together)

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 04-15-2012 at 18:51..